Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

New Roof Cleaning Forum Members Post Here

Sure thing, I'd love to. My number is in the signature below, give me a call sometime. I stay in Tarboro, NC, about 15min from Rocky Mount, I go to church in Rocky Mount. It's also where I did the cedar roof cleaning below.

Call me up! Talk to you soon.

Will do... !!!

Hello everyone,

My name is Clayton Keller and I am in the process of starting my roof cleaning, house washing and concrete cleaning business in SW Missouri. I worked in the restaurant business for over 38 years but have been wanting to get into roof cleaning for at least 7 or 8 years and I am finally doing it! I plan on doing mostly residential work with some commercial roof cleaning. I am excited to join the RCIA and hope to learn as much as possible from the pros on here!

Nice having you here!! Welcome! Read all you can!!

Hello everyone,

My name is Clayton Keller and I am in the process of starting my roof cleaning, house washing and concrete cleaning business in SW Missouri. I worked in the restaurant business for over 38 years but have been wanting to get into roof cleaning for at least 7 or 8 years and I am finally doing it! I plan on doing mostly residential work with some commercial roof cleaning. I am excited to join the RCIA and hope to learn as much as possible from the pros on here!

I made your website clickable

Hello everyone. My name is Craig. I live in N.Central Ohio. I have had a masonry business for the last 18 years.

This spring I will begin offering roof cleaning and other surface cleaning services. Concrete, masonry, chimney and other.

I want to build an air operated system of my own

Any tips, layout diagrams and pictures would be appreciated.

Look forward to getting and sharing information.

Hello everyone. My name is Craig. I live in N.Central Ohio. I have had a masonry business for the last 18 years.

This spring I will begin offering roof cleaning and other surface cleaning services. Concrete, masonry, chimney and other.

Good Morning Craig, An air operated roof cleaning pump is simplicity in and of itself.

What equipment do you have right now ?

Craig welcome aboard congratulations on making your first very important step and that obviously is joining RCIA. There are a lot of folks here that are willing to help you, if you're willing to help yourself. Feel free to go into the archives and search and read the different post. you'll see diagrams, you see setups that will answer most of your questions. once you've done that and you're ready to go. Then feel free to jump back in.

Again we come aboard.

Make sure you read the thread on the link below now and then again later as you learn more and then again even later as you learn even more. Stuff I read the first time on many of these threads and on other forums made little sense the first time, some sense the second time and then much more sense the third and fourth times. Everything builds on everything else. This whole learning journey is like trying to put together a 500 piece jigsaw together without having seen the box with a few hundred unrelated pieces mixed in while sometimes getting coached by people who don't always have your best interest in mind. Lucky for you though you found the place to get what you need from people that really want you to succeed. 

Hello Roof Cleaners!

I'm Don and I just recently joined this group and became a member of the RCIA. I am starting a PW and Roof Cleaning business out west in Oregon this fall. My background has been somewhat varied...I was a welder/mechanic for 12 years and then made a switch to sales. I have been a sales representative for Frito-Lay for the past 6 years and have started a few different businesses in that time. I have been studying the powerwash industry since 2006 believe it or not. Just never been confident enough to pull the trigger.

Anyways, I look forward to meeting everyone and learning as well as sharing.   

Hello Roof Cleaners!

I'm Don and I just recently joined this group and became a member of the RCIA. I am starting a PW and Roof Cleaning business out west in Oregon this fall. My background has been somewhat varied...I was a welder/mechanic for 12 years and then made a switch to sales. I have been a sales representative for Frito-Lay for the past 6 years and have started a few different businesses in that time. I have been studying the powerwash industry since 2006 believe it or not. Just never been confident enough to pull the trigger.

Anyways, I look forward to meeting everyone and learning as well as sharing.

Welcome Donny! Your sales background will serve you well in the roof cleaning trade.

Welcome Donny! Your sales background will serve you well in the roof cleaning trade.

I believe so. I have absolutely no problems talking with customers and explaining processes. After all I am selling something they need, not some  snake oil. I am feeling really good about this decision of doing roofs here out west. 

I believe so. I have absolutely no problems talking with customers and explaining processes. After all I am selling something they need, not some  snake oil. I am feeling really good about this decision of doing roofs here out west.

We need to get you Certified Donny, so we can place your company in the directory!

Customers find this place, and then look for a certified roof cleaner in Oregon, we want them to find you.

If you go through the directory, you will see that some have over 1,000 Hits!

Have you a website Donny ?

Hey everyone, name is Brandon from North Texas. I'm looking at making a move and purchasing a softwash franchise or going in by myself. Decided to join the RCIA to try and better understand the product and equipment until that decision is reached. Look forward to speaking with everyone.

Hey everyone, name is Brandon from North Texas. I'm looking at making a move and purchasing a softwash franchise or going in by myself. Decided to join the RCIA to try and better understand the product and equipment until that decision is reached. Look forward to speaking with everyone.

Welcome Brandon, there are lots of dirty roofs in Texas!

Welcome Brandon. There is a ton of info and knowledge here for you to be successful. 

Hi every one,

Just wanted to introduce my self to this excellent forum. Im new here but not new to the game. Ive read just about every topic on here over the last few months  and figured the next step would be to jump in and begin to participate with all of you.  I look foward to  sharing info with genuine start ups  as well as receiving advise from some of the ol vets on this forum.  I'll will post pics and complete my profile within the next week or so. 

Talk soon!, Alex

Hi every one,

Just wanted to introduce my self to this excellent forum. Im new here but not new to the game. Ive read just about every topic on here over the last few months  and figured the next step would be to jump in and begin to participate with all of you.  I look foward to  sharing info with genuine start ups  as well as receiving advise from some of the ol vets on this forum.  I'll will post pics and complete my profile within the next week or so. 

Talk soon!, Alex

Welcome Alex :)

Hi my name is Jeffrey Hodge and I live Oregon. Just wanted to say that i've only been reading these forums for a day and a half now but i'm already learning a lot. I've been working for my uncle who owns a parking lot maintenance company for about fours years now, and have always wanted to have something of my own. And for the past couple of years i was looking at driveway pressure washing until the other day i came across soft washing and now want to start a business focused around that. It will probably be a while till i can start a business because i dont even own a home yet and im pretty sure i couldnt get insured or bonded not having a house. Butfor now i will work on building a rig after reading more of these forums and talking with whoever is willing to give advice. I will also become a premium member here shortly.

Thank you,

Jeffrey Hodge

Hi my name is Jeffrey Hodge and I live Oregon. Just wanted to say that i've only been reading these forums for a day and a half now but i'm already learning a lot. I've been working for my uncle who owns a parking lot maintenance company for about fours years now, and have always wanted to have something of my own. And for the past couple of years i was looking at driveway pressure washing until the other day i came across soft washing and now want to start a business focused around that. It will probably be a while till i can start a business because i dont even own a home yet and im pretty sure i couldnt get insured or bonded not having a house. Butfor now i will work on building a rig after reading more of these forums and talking with whoever is willing to give advice. I will also become a premium member here shortly.

Thank you,

Jeffrey Hodge

I don't know anything about being bonded but I know that Joseph Walter Insurance didn't ask me if I owned a house or not. 

I don't know anything about being bonded but I know that Joseph Walter Insurance didn't ask me if I owned a house or not. 

Thanks for that. Where is he out of? Ive never heard of him except for on this forum.

Thank you,

Jeffrey Hodge

No need to be a home owner to get business insurance. And there's no need to be bonded unless you plan on doing any indoor work.  The Joe Walters Insurance Agency is based out of PA, but they're brokers that cater to our industry all over the US.  I've been with them since we started the business.  http://josephdwalters.com/

Hi every one,

Talk soon!, Alex

Excellent first post Alex - glad to see the pre-reading and research and THEN the engagement with the RCIA gang  ;-)  Welcome!!

No need to be a home owner to get business insurance. And there's no need to be bonded unless you plan on doing any indoor work.  The Joe Walters Insurance Agency is based out of PA, but they're brokers that cater to our industry all over the US.  I've been with them since we started the business.  http://josephdwalters.com/

Thank you, i checked them out and i see why a lot of people on here use him. Also i just figured it might be better to start a business if i had a place for everything instead of some place im renting. But Im going to my pool supply store to get some SH and then to home depot to get a weed sprayer just to mess with mixture and do a little bit of the house. And then i will just build a small rig see what happens and then go from there.

Thanks, 

Jeffrey Hodge

Pennsylvania. They specialize in our business. They were 20% of the price bid I got from American Family and you get care, custody and control insurance as part of the premium. The other 3 insurance agents I talked to didn't even know what that was and assured me I would be covered under general liability which is almost certainly wrong. Gen lib protects you if you screw up something else while working on their roof such as you somehow spill full strength SH all over their car and it melts into the driveway and then explodes. :) What it does not cover you from is if you somehow manage to screw up the exact item you are working on. So the car you damage would be covered but the roof probably isn't because you are not insured against your own incompetence. I would make sure that you find out if you have cc and c insurance regardless of what your agent tells you.