So while softwashing a home what is your method of rinsing the house. Keep in mind in my area we have some monster high houses.

Garden house wont reach the heights and is slow as hell. I have been switching the pump from the mix to water and back and fourth. It works but still takes time and eventually the pump overheats.

Thinking about buying another pump and switching from one to the other when it starts overheating, but that seems like a hassle and not sure how I can put two pumps in line but only one on at a time.

Really need to speed up cleaning houses.  I average 4 hours for a four bedroom colonial.

How do you efficiently rinse?

I use my pressure washer with a fan type tip. High areas I use a 0 tip and stay back away from house. Misting is all you need. Works for me !!

Big honking Air Diaphragm pump and a dedicated fresh water tank. Plus we have an 8GPM pressure washer in the works. Just doing a full compound as I type...4 buildings, decks, roofs, siding and it has all been done...cleaning and rinse down...with the Air Pump.

If you are going to replace your pump, only a big air pump will give you the distance needed to reach monster houses and they never overheat or run out of batteries...though you do need to put gas in the compressor every once in a while. 

If you are strictly doing roofs and siding and you have limited real estate on your rig, stick with a compressor and a minimum 3/4"...preferably 1"... AODD pump and you will be able to do all the projects. If you do flatwork as well, then a cold water PW might be a better investment...but know that you will need a buffer tank if you get one with any degree of flow (5 GPM plus). If you have room on the rig....get both! 

Oh...and as for the hose, if you are not running one of these spray nozzles, get one! (Thanks Gary!)

http://www.masterindustriesllc.com

Big honking Air Diaphragm pump and a dedicated fresh water tank. Plus we have an 8GPM pressure washer in the works. Just doing a full compound as I type...4 buildings, decks, roofs, siding and it has all been done...cleaning and rinse down...with the Air Pump.

If you are going to replace your pump, only a big air pump will give you the distance needed to reach monster houses and they never overheat or run out of batteries...though you do need to put gas in the compressor every once in a while. 

If you are strictly doing roofs and siding and you have limited real estate on your rig, stick with a compressor and a minimum 3/4"...preferably 1"... AODD pump and you will be able to do all the projects. If you do flatwork as well, then a cold water PW might be a better investment...but know that you will need a buffer tank if you get one with any degree of flow (5 GPM plus). If you have room on the rig....get both! 

Oh...and as for the hose, if you are not running one of these spray nozzles, get one! (Thanks Gary!)

http://www.masterindustriesllc.com

+100 on that! We have 2 of these spray nozzles, and they are worth every penny!

Kevin, call Lori at Pressure Washer Product here in Clearwater Largo Florida, and Mike Hinderliter at www.powerwash.com to get prices on 8 GPM machines w/hot water. Plus Russ Johnson at southside equipment sells them too.

+100 on that! We have 2 of these spray nozzles, and they are worth every penny!

Kevin, call Lori at Pressure Washer Product here in Clearwater Largo Florida, and Mike Hinderliter at www.powerwash.com to get prices on 8 GPM machines w/hot water. Plus Russ Johnson at southside equipment sells them too.

I think we are going with a Hot Water Dragon. 8 GPM @ 3K PSI and very reasonably priced. The guys at Powerwash store sell them and this is the rig that everybody seems to be talking about and loving on at the PowerWash Institute Forum. Also like it because it is only 24" wide and I can fit it on my rig. 

Waterdragon_zps44166876.jpg

I think we are going with a Hot Water Dragon. 8 GPM @ 3K PSI and very reasonably priced. The guys at Powerwash store sell them and this is the rig that everybody seems to be talking about and loving on at the PowerWash Institute Forum. Also like it because it is only 24" wide and I can fit it on my rig. 

Waterdragon_zps44166876.jpg

Oh, one of those :) No one else I know of in the industry makes any competition for one of these, it is a truly unique product. Paul Kassander really knows his stuff (about pressure washers), and paid his dues at Envirospec for many many years, before he went out on his own. I can see where having hot water will be a HUGE selling point, up in environmentally conscious Western Washington! I say go for it Kevin. Paul is a really good guy, who will take care of you, if you have any problems.

Oh, one of those :) No one else I know of in the industry makes any competition for one of these, it is a truly unique product. Paul Kassander really knows his stuff (about pressure washers), and paid his dues at Envirospec for many many years, before he went out on his own. I can see where having hot water will be a HUGE selling point, up in environmentally conscious Western Washington! I say go for it Kevin. Paul is a really good guy, who will take care of you, if you have any problems.

Yeah....the design is brilliant and saves the user a lot of money on fuel. They run the exhaust from the engine into the hot water coil. Meaning you don't up need to use as much fuel to get the temp rise. Darned smart. Guys who have them are raving so I figure I can't go wrong.

Yeah....the design is brilliant and saves the user a lot of money on fuel. They run the exhaust from the engine into the hot water coil. Meaning you don't up need to use as much fuel to get the temp rise. Darned smart. Guys who have them are raving so I figure I can't go wrong.

Paul makes several versions of these, some I like, and some I take exceptions to. One version he makes has a gas powered UDOR pump for roof cleaning crammed into the skid. These pumps are known for leaking and failing. It does not take a rocket scientist to imagine what will happen to that burner and skid, once chlorine sprays all over it.

But I really like this pressure washing only skid he makes.

I don't think a well pump can produce 8 gallons a min. around here to use a 8gpm PW. I'm gonna have to look into this.

Ted I don't see how your banging out a 2600 sqft house so fast. Should I assume your not including set up and clean up in your 45 min. statement? Also is that two people? I unfortunately usually work alone.

I have ordered one of the Masternozzles. Damn they're pricey $57.40 with shipping

May be, but its the last one you will ever have to buy. Quality ain't cheap !!

I don't think a well pump can produce 8 gallons a min. around here to use a 8gpm PW. I'm gonna have to look into this.

Ted I don't see how your banging out a 2600 sqft house so fast. Should I assume your not including set up and clean up in your 45 min. statement? Also is that two people? I unfortunately usually work alone.

That is why the PW guys use big buffer tanks.,Put a few hundred gal onboard and set a fill line into the tank. If it can't keep up, the tank reserve makes up the supply difference. With an 8 GPM PW, if you had a 5 GPM fill rate off the well supply and a 150 Gal tank, you would have 50 min of run time with the buffer tank making up the additional 3 GPM before you ran dry.

And with big high flow rigs, it is easy to do a home that fast. We just did a 1500 sq ft siding wash with our 1" air pump in about 20 min including wash and rinse. And that was with one person. Granted it was single story, but big flow makes fast work. Most of the time is the wash...but the rinse can go fast when you have a pump capable of 30+ GPM that will shoot over 75' doing the rinse down. A big PW with an Xjet setup is even faster.

That is why the PW guys use big buffer tanks.,Put a few hundred gal onboard and set a fill line into the tank. If it can't keep up, the tank reserve makes up the supply difference. With an 8 GPM PW, if you had a 5 GPM fill rate off the well supply and a 150 Gal tank, you would have 50 min of run time with the buffer tank making up the additional 3 GPM before you ran dry.

And with big high flow rigs, it is easy to do a home that fast. We just did a 1500 sq ft siding wash with our 1" air pump in about 20 min including wash and rinse. And that was with one person. Granted it was single story, but big flow makes fast work. Most of the time is the wash...but the rinse can go fast when you have a pump capable of 30+ GPM that will shoot over 75' doing the rinse down. A big PW with an Xjet setup is even faster.

I am Not an expert on washing houses, but it would seem an X Jet would be a PITA to use.

An old old timer who was here in Tampa used a John Bean FMC pump to clean houses with.

He said these pumps really rocked http://www.beanpumps.com/proddetail.asp?prod=P522750

They make a lot of different version of their pumps

I am Not an expert on washing houses, but it would seem an X Jet would be a PITA to use.

An old old timer who was here in Tampa used a John Bean FMC pump to clean houses with.

He said these pumps really rocked http://www.beanpumps.com/proddetail.asp?prod=P522750

They make a lot of different version of their pumps

I've X-jetted some homes with a smaller 4 GPM PW and it wasn't bad. Good production. Kind of a pain to carry a 5 gal pail with soap in it from side to side, but with enough volume in your pump, you can pretty much stand in one general area and spray. Also, there is nothing that says you have to stick with the stock Xjet draw tube length....I extended mine and have had no problems. You could make up your mix in the bucket using the roof mix, extra surfactant and water to reduce the percentages down. Put it in a sealed bucket and mount the x-jet draw tube into the bucket with a quick connect so you don't accidentally dump roof mix on somebody's lawn.

It does have an advantage over down streaming in that you aren't running SH thru the hose, reel, and gun, so you won't eat them up.

I've X-jetted some homes with a smaller 4 GPM PW and it wasn't bad. Good production. Kind of a pain to carry a 5 gal pail with soap in it from side to side, but with enough volume in your pump, you can pretty much stand in one general area and spray. Also, there is nothing that says you have to stick with the stock Xjet draw tube length....I extended mine and have had no problems. You could make up your mix in the bucket using the roof mix, extra surfactant and water to reduce the percentages down. Put it in a sealed bucket and mount the x-jet draw tube into the bucket with a quick connect so you don't accidentally dump roof mix on somebody's lawn.

It does have an advantage over down streaming in that you aren't running SH thru the hose, reel, and gun, so you won't eat them up.

I hear ya can run 2 downstream injectors

Kevin's comments were on the money.  One person, 45 minutes, in and out, total.  Easily.  No X-jet and we can still do a 3 story home from the ground.    Buy the best equipment, look at all processes logically with productivity in mind and it's fairly straight forward.  PM or call if I can be of help.

We use a 5.5 @ 3500 machine mostly for homes with an injector that pulls thru 200' hose. We apply chemicals, brush around reachable windows and doors. We use a 4 banger nozzle holder capable of washing close and distant areas. 3000 sq ft home with two people is a 1 1/2 - 2 hour job including set up and 2 people. I have an 8 gpm on the truck and its a beast compared to the other but the smaller machines injector pulls chemicals so well we stick with it. Don't use more soap than you need!

May be, but its the last one you will ever have to buy. Quality ain't cheap !!

Agree, I only buy them if I lose them....best nozzle ever.  Thanks Gary.

Ted's comments -Kevin's comments were on the money.  One person, 45 minutes, in and out, total.  Easily.  No X-jet and we can still do a 3 story home from the ground.    Buy the best equipment, look at all processes logically with productivity in mind and it's fairly straight forward.  PM or call if I can be of help.

My system will reach about 50-60 ft. I can reach a 2 story, but the mist it produces makes me nervous. Getting closer to the roof (on the ladder) produces less overspray and mist and less time washing down the house. Since I'm trying to learn the most efficient process with the least amount of potential problems, is it best to get on the ladder and have less house clean up or from the ground and more house washing? I realize that 3 story is up there and maybe less feasible to do off the ladder, but what about 2 story house?