I think if you are going to use a water fed type pole to clean steep roofs with, this is the way to go, vs actually running roof cleaning chemicals through the pole. roof_cleaning_pole.thumb.jpg.b6b2231d091

This is not my idea, it belongs to one of my Facebook Friends Doug Brown, who posted this picture. 

In THEORY, using this type of a spray head, one could take even  poles that screw/telescope together, mount this head on one end, and go to town! 

Of course, the limiting factor will be the weight of the hose you attach to the OUTSIDE of the pole. This type of arrangement solves the problems with many existing water fed poles (the chemicals attack the poles)!

Because the hose carries the roof cleaning chemicals up to the nozzle, you can use any type of pole that will get you the height you need, and control it all with a ball valve or a trigger gun, from the ground.

I like that im not good with heights and try to do as much as i can from the gutter line but every now and then i find that one area i just cant spray to and this would be a help even if it was only 10 feet long that could be plenty to get the job done

For the rare times I can't reach part of a roof with my regular tool,..due to angle, height  or wind,....I simply attach an  aluminum extension and spray that area and then remove it. When removing it, make sure you have the end pointed away from you and onto the roof or into the gutter,...because it's full of roof mix and is gonna run out the end.

It's actually for my power washer,..use it rarely there also,..but a good to tool to have none the less.  You can by 1/4" aluminum pipe from McMaster-Carr and then have it threaded,..add coupler and you have an extension that will last forever.  I have 3 of these extensions that came with the original used machine I bought in 1996.  1ft. 3ft. and an 8ft. 

Jeff

I use a 1/2" x 10" PVC pipe with a quick connect on the inlet side and a nozzle on the outlet side. I have an aluminum angle bar taped to it for rigidity. We did this house Tuesday using our 12V pump and pole while standing on the ground. No ladder was used. I love it!

20150804_173939[1].jpg