Yorkshire Driveway Cleaning

How far do you travel to clean roofs?

Hello everyone,

Just wondering how far a radius you cover to do your job?  Currently with my pressure cleaning business I cover a 30-40 radius depending on the job.  If they are further away or I think they are just fishing for a price I look them up on Google Earth and give them an approx price before then making a trip if they wish to proceed further.

We have a good motorway network here so it helps.

Nothing worse than driving miles to do a quote and not getting it.

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

Jonathan,

We now cover seven(7) counties within Pennsylvania and New Jersey. I sold my home to relocate closer to our highway system so I can cover more area. Depending on the work we will travel 45 miles for work.

Hank

Hello everyone,

Just wondering how far a radius you cover to do your job?  Currently with my pressure cleaning business I cover a 30-40 radius depending on the job.  If they are further away or I think they are just fishing for a price I look them up on Google Earth and give them an approx price before then making a trip if they wish to proceed further.

We have a good motorway network here so it helps.

Nothing worse than driving miles to do a quote and not getting it.

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

I haven't driven to do a quote since 2009....I still close above 70%

We don't drive to do quotes unless they are in the town that our shop is in.. Or they are big commercial jobs.. Driving to do bids is different that driving for work.. Bid with google earth or bing maps(nicer than google maps sometimes) and trulia to get the sq footage.. we cover about a 100 mile radius for roof cleaning.. House washing not so much..

I also quote everything from maps on internet. Cover 100 mile area and close nearly 85%. Haven't got burnt yet due to asking questions.

Thanks Hank, I live in a small village with 400 houses so have to travel to where the work comes in from.  I have a few towns & cities within the 30 mile radius which covers a huge number of homes.  Some of my most profitable jobs have been at the furthest point.

We are here in Tampa Florida, so we only need drive a 50 mile radius for roof cleaning work.

I actually went to Pa for two roof cleanings last summer.

I was offered a week of hanging out a 1/4 mile from the beach at a guy's parents house....including the ride there and back if I cleaned the roof. It was freezing ass cold here so I figured why the hell not. I took the hose and a fatboy and used a garbage can as a tank.

Close all our jobs by e-mail and don't travel to due quotes. We do travel all over the Midwest but we also do high dollar cleanings types i.e. cedar roofs and always book a few jobs in anyone location. Have a lot of Choice Hotels points. LOL Went to New Canaan, CT. last fall and did a couple cedar roofs though the home owners quoted me a cleaning price I couldn't refuse. What we do now is sub out the jobs to local cleaners, got to much local work to travel anymore.

Sounds like there's money to be made in the industry and the idea of not having to travel much to give estimates appeals to me.  Thanks to those who've replied.

Jonathan

Sometimes, we are booked 2 weeks out, but it took us years to build up to this.

Still, there is a lot of opportunity in the roof cleaning business.