WNCRoofCleaning

SHINGLE RX shingle coating

I had a customer contact me and wanted me to apply a final shingle coating to her roof once I am done cleaning her roof called SHINGLE RX.  Has anyone heard of this product and can anyone tell me if this is a aftermarket gimmick.  The website is shinglerx.com

I had a customer contact me and wanted me to apply a final shingle coating to her roof once I am done cleaning her roof called SHINGLE RX.  Has anyone heard of this product and can anyone tell me if this is a aftermarket gimmick.  The website is shinglerx.com

The before and after pictures in the middle of the first row from the top are stolen from my website, and I also recognize several pictures of roof cleaning that are not theirs. I would avoid this so called "miracle product". 

The before and after pictures in the middle of the first row from the top are stolen from my website, and I also recognize several pictures of roof cleaning that are not theirs. I would avoid this so called "miracle product". 

Sorry to hear that they pirated your pics without your permission. Isn't their something you can do about that? Or do you plan too? It indicates to me that they are a fresh start up if they didn't have their own pics. And makes me also wonder if they are trolling on here too. 

I went to the website out of curiosity because I paint and seal a lot of tile roofs. So if their is anything new out there I like to know about it. From what I can tell the info they have on there seems factual and seems to make sense, but I don't know what they could be formulating that would be any different then what is out there already. Clear sealers run the gamut. But there r are basically about only 3 or 4 common main bases to work from to my  knowledge. At least that have any chance of working. Silicone, Acrylic Resin and Solvent base.  Which the solvent for obvious reasons cant be used on shingles at all. My guess is he is using a beefed up "steroidal" version of either silicone or Acrylic resin. And charging an arm and a leg for it. They claim to only sell to licensed professionals so that also tells me that a homowner would not be able to swallow the cost unless they were also of the mindset to pay a pro to do the work too. 

I will let you know what I find out because i did fill out a contact form. It said I will hear from someone within 48 hours. I hope i don't regret filling it out. Lets say I am taking the fall for all you guys. LOL!

That website is very amateurish with misspelled words. My guess is they make the stuff in their garage when they aren't working at their real job and I doubt they have actually sold any. This doesn't mean it won't work but I have my doubts. 

That website is very amateurish with misspelled words. My guess is they make the stuff in their garage when they aren't working at their real job and I doubt they have actually sold any. This doesn't mean it won't work but I have my doubts. 

I didn't notice any misspelled words, but I wasn't really proof reading it either.  As far as working out of thier garage. That in of itself would not bother me to much. You could say that about the beginnings of a lot of very good and successful companies roots.  I do look for something that tells me where they are from. And I see nothing.   I think I will just google and see what comes up. They have not gotten back to me yet. 

They are out out of Az.  The domain is 2 weeks old. And the registrant is a Kevin Imse.  From a google search.

I didn't notice any misspelled words, but I wasn't really proof reading it either.  As far as working out of thier garage. That in of itself would not bother me to much. You could say that about the beginnings of a lot of very good and successful companies roots.  I do look for something that tells me where they are from. And I see nothing.   I think I will just google and see what comes up. They have not gotten back to me yet. 

Running a roof cleaning biz out of your garage is perfectly acceptable. Cooking up a miracle batch of chemicals is a different story in my opinion. Not surprisingly "proffessional" was misspelled on the site. :)

ARMA states very clearly not to use ANY kind of sealer on shingles. Show that to your customer and explain this is some kind Of "snake oil" promotion.

So I got the email response back from ShingleRx.  

He told me how he researched my company and how selective they are in who the sell thier product too. And that is why he is reaching out to me. That they are only going to sell to a select few in each region.  Thier is no fee to get set up.  And that he could not send me any MSDS sheets or any other proprietary information until I signed a non disclosure form. 

I thought it interesting and funny that even though he says he checked out my company. He felt compelled to tell me it is applied with a simple airless. The best cost 300 and less than a 100 at a pawn shop.  

He encourged me to call him to have a few mins conversation. But yet he did not give me any phone number which to call him. 

I am probably part of a college or high school project now. LOL!

So I got the email response back from ShingleRx.  

He told me how he researched my company and how selective they are in who the sell thier product too. And that is why he is reaching out to me. That they are only going to sell to a select few in each region.  Thier is no fee to get set up.  And that he could not send me any MSDS sheets or any other proprietary information until I signed a non disclosure form. 

I thought it interesting and funny that even though he says he checked out my company. He felt compelled to tell me it is applied with a simple airless. The best cost 300 and less than a 100 at a pawn shop.  

He encourged me to call him to have a few mins conversation. But yet he did not give me any phone number which to call him. 

I am probably part of a college or high school project now. LOL!

The "best" airless cost $300???

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Snicker...

(looks at the $2600 Airlessco machines we use in our mold mitigation division)...

Uh...

No.

If somebody shows up with a consumer grade $300 airless to do professional coating application on a roof surface at that square footage, I'm not even hitting the button on my entry gate opener. $100 pawn shop machine is a joke. Sorry, but professional airless spray equipment isn't cheap and is absolutely 100% necessary. This tells me they have little in field experience with applying coatings on a professional basis. Fact is that if you require an airless system to apply the coating, you will need a commercial grade spray rig. Consumer rigs are not designed for high lift commercial applications nor will they hold up to constant duty. 

Edited by PeakOfPerfection

The "best" airless cost $300???

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Snicker...

(looks at the $2600 Airlessco machines we use in our mold mitigation division)...

Uh...

No.

If somebody shows up with a consumer grade $300 airless to do professional coating application on a roof surface at that square footage, I'm not even hitting the button on my entry gate opener. $100 pawn shop machine is a joke. Sorry, but professional airless spray equipment isn't cheap and is absolutely 100% necessary. This tells me they have little in field experience with applying coatings on a professional basis. 

And I like the part on his website. That says the product rebuilds the shingle from the inside. Or some such nonsense.

And I like the part on his website. That says the product rebuilds the shingle from the inside. Or some such nonsense.

Seriously? That is some pretty fancy claims there. I'd like to see test data and microscopic analysis from an independent third party lab. Not saying it isn't true...but if you say your product rebuilds something, I need proof when I am marketing a product with that type of claim. That being said, if it can help prevent moss growth long term and has no deleterious effect on the roof...I'm damned interested. 

Edited by PeakOfPerfection

Well I went to thier website and even filled out a contact form. I wish you would too.  Because like you if there is something out there that good I want to know about it too. I am not so closed minded to not think advancements cant be made. They clearly can. I am also old enough to know most of the time the claims are preposterous. The last time he reached out to me he said he would not send me any msds sheets or spec sheets until I signed a non disclosure form. I didnt respond and have not been contacted since.