I am lucky enough to have a brother who is a videographer and he has one. We have played around with it and are going to use it to shoot a video this spring.

His is considered entry level for professional use.  Cost $700.  One of the better features of these drones is that it has smart technology that makes it easier to fly, it will hover by itself and return when the battery gets low.

DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter Drone with 2.7K HD Video Camera 

drone.jpg

I think that they are good for marketing to show a different angle in the before and after but I do not think that I am going to use one for inspections. I like to see what I am working with and how I am going to set up for when I do clean the roof.

Edited by ROOF CLEANING OF MID-MO

I watched an online review of the Phantom 3 and it was amazing. It had built in gps that allowed the operator to push the copter in any direction while it was hovering and it went back to its original position to where it was before he pushed it. Obviously very stable in medium - high winds. Im not getting one of these (wish I was) but more of a beginners model with video.

I am a Ham Radio Operator, and the higher up in the air we can get our wire antenna's, the better!  Some of my Ham Radio friends are using Drone's to drop a rope over the vert top of a tree. Once the rope is there, it can be used to pull the wire antenna up in the tree tops.  Here is a video I found https://youtu.be/pTeOd2vGjO0

I have the Mariner Drone 2.. Almost identical to the phantom however its fully submersible!!! all i can say is, ITS AWESOME, who doesnt want to film underwater

Drones with cameras are becoming quite common down here in Florida at beaches, especially beaches known to be inhabited by pretty girls.  https://youtu.be/STlufwcc7xQ

Edited by Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777