I'd like to start this conversation and then listen to those with more experience on the subject.

I'm not a social network guy but obviously I would like a more successful business. Updating facebook pages and blogs etc, seems to be pretty important for improving SEO and your visibility with Google. This has proven problematic for me as a roof cleaner (I'm dirty, busy, tired and have young children)

Recently I started an instagram account and it seems to me to be a great tool for business, particularly ours. Real time photos with comments can be easily added to blogs, facebook etc. without really having to interrupt your work or set aside computer time after work. I googled the subject and found lots of information that seems to verify this value of instagram for business. Its incredibly simple to use and fast. I noticed this subject had not been discussed. I'm particularly interested in Chris' thoughts

It is new to me, I never heard of it before! I will have to check it out.

Chris when I read this post of yours I almost passed out and I was looking up to the sky to see if a metor was landing.... Wow I actually knew something before the master.... wow..... But not to worry I dont know chit and Apple stills kicks my ass on google here in NH

Hey I'm feeling pretty solid right now.

I looked into it a little last night and it looks really cool. I thought this was a pretty good article

http://socialmediatoday.com/sendible/1075136/7-tips-using-instagram-business 

I downloaded the 'PhotoGrid' app which made it super fast and easy to splice 2 photos (b4 & After)

and post it. You can post it to any social media site with a comment which makes it an easy way to

add and update content in no time. I suspect (but don't know) we could send it right to the RCIA Gallery.

i use instagram for my personal use.. the thing is.. I could see it working for our industry, but we would just have to hashtag the crap out of stuff.... the real question is would potential customers find us on instagram... i find it hard to think someone would say "hey, i need my roof cleaned, let me look on instagrams with the hashtag roof" 

and there's the real issue.. it would get our pics out there... but only to those really searching for it through hashtagging.

One of the suggestions I read was to have specific hashtags, ie, #pacificroofcleaning.

I see no value in posting photos hoping these would be found by potential customers.

My thought was that it was a fast, easy way to update social networking sites that benefit

your seo etc.

Again, i'm a dummy with this stuff presently, but I am trying to improve and it seems this

might be helpful.

I guess I am an old guy ? The only thing that counts to me is if I am highly ranked on Google. Facebook Posting is too much like begging for me. When I accept someone as a friend, and they start spamming my Facebook Timeline with work they did  or do, I delete their ass, as a friend. 

Instagram’s new TOS states that they own all content posted.

There’s no way I’m putting up pictures of my work for them to sell to my future competitors.

LOL, and be sure Judy don't post no pictures of the Little Puppies there, Dog kennels steal other breeders Pics quite often!

In fact Thad, why don't you get Judy a watermark for all those adorable pics she posts of the Puppies on Facebook ?