Booked 3 roof cleanings yesterdeay for thursday & friday. Supposed to get up to almost 60*. Then 2 days of thunderstorms for rinsing.  Last winter I did this 4 times. Makes you wonder about people??? Good thing it don't take long to un-winterize & re-winterize.. I think people notice the black streaks more when the snow starts to melt off their roofs.

Gary,

My homemade skid slids right off the back of the truck right into my shop. I have calls still coming in. If the forecast is favorable I'll be out there cleaning.

Hank

Gary,

My homemade skid slids right off the back of the truck right into my shop. I have calls still coming in. If the forecast is favorable I'll be out there cleaning.

Hank

That's cool that your roof cleaning skid slides right off. That makes winterizing easy! 

We are busy as heck here, with that last minute X Mas rush to get their roofs cleaned.

That's cool that your roof cleaning skid slides right off. That makes winterizing easy! 

We are busy as heck here, with that last minute X Mas rush to get their roofs cleaned.

Chris,

I don't have to winterize it as my shop is heated. We rinse out our pumps(12v) and lines at the end of the work day. My skid is a industrial plastic pallet with two stacked 22" Summit hose reels, our 12 volt pump and battery. The top reel is our 200' chemical hose and the bottom is 300' of garden hose. I can slid the skid off by myself on to a rolling table I made that is the same height as the tail gate of the pick up truck. It works like a charm.

Hank

Chris,

I don't have to winterize it as my shop is heated. We rinse out our pumps(12v) and lines at the end of the work day. My skid is a industrial plastic pallet with two stacked 22" Summit hose reels, our 12 volt pump and battery. The top reel is our 200' chemical hose and the bottom is 300' of garden hose. I can slid the skid off by myself on to a rolling table I made that is the same height as the tail gate of the pick up truck. It works like a charm.

Hank

That's great Hank! 

I never tried Summit Hose Reels for spraying the roof cleaning chemicals.

We always used Titan Hose Reels with stainless steel manifolds, but we use no hose reels now.

Chris,

Like every other reel they will ultimately leak when roof mix flows through them. I got them from a dealer up here who took them in on a trade. They were slightly used for hose storage only. No SH ever ran through them and I only paid $150 for the pair.

Hank

Chris,

Like every other reel they will ultimately leak when roof mix flows through them. I got them from a dealer up here who took them in on a trade. They were slightly used for hose storage only. No SH ever ran through them and I only paid $150 for the pair.

Hank

OK, what counts on a hose reel is the material the inner manifold is made from.

Regular steel will rust, and can send out rust right through the hose, that can ruin a roof cleaning job!

You want at least Stainless Steel, and a heavy PVC Manifold inner manifold will be best of all.

OK, what counts on a hose reel is the material the inner manifold is made from.

Regular steel will rust, and can send out rust right through the hose, that can ruin a roof cleaning job!

You want at least Stainless Steel, and a heavy PVC Manifold inner manifold will be best of all.

Chris,

I agree stainless is the way to go but in the meantime I'll use these until they fall apart or I'll just bypass the manifold this spring. Thanks for the advice.

Hank

Chris,

I agree stainless is the way to go but in the meantime I'll use these until they fall apart or I'll just bypass the manifold this spring. Thanks for the advice.

Hank

No big deal Hank, just be sure and flush the lines of the rust, before you spray a roof! 

Especially when cleaning a light colored roof.

The rust will stick out like a sore thumb, and it takes Acid to get it off! 

Someone told me some hose reel company finally listened to my suggestions, and is offering a PVC Core Hose reel ?

Chris our Titan hose is stainless manifold.and has a pvc core that the hose rolls up on. Our local dealer ordered it from Titan this way.