crappiecrazed

question, help please

Hello roof cleaners!  This is more about house washing than roof but trust you guys and looking for a little help.

I ordered new tips from bob at pressure tek for downstreaming.  It was the stainless 4 in a row setup.  I told him what pump yada yada and he said no problem he would send out the ones I needed.  two are larger orifice tips for applying the chems and two for rinsing.  he sent me a fixed non adjustment down stream injector because my unit was set up with an adjustable one......  That way I could follow the directions on the elemenator bottle for house wash mixture and it would apply correctly. 

Well, for some reason its drawing chems with all four of the tips??  drawing it a lot more with the soap tips but with the rinse tips it still is allowing chems to be drawn.

I don't mind pulling  the line of the bucket but what im scared that if I do use my "soap" tips that It may apply more chems than it really should??  I only come to this conclusion because it seems that the orifices are to large on the rinse tips so are the soap tips to large and going to apply more....  I got on pressure teks site and checked the downstreaming tips that are supposed to go with my 3500 psi 5.5 gpm machine and it appears that these tips are correct.....

opinions and what I should do for my house wash tomarrow???  I used my roof cleaning pump to apply chems on a home yesterday and rinsed with my pressure washer (didn't have right tips for pressure washer is why) and the results were great but pain in the rear having to have both going and switching back and forth.........

Crappie your gone for a week and you come back with another question. Thats the way it is hose in hose out.  All soft Wash! No need to blast away.

Art, all of these tips are soft wash tips.  I can stick my hand in front of every tip at full blast.  I was under the impression that certain tips would draw and certain ones wouldn't?? that's why this combo of 4 tips had 2 soap drawing and 2 that wouldn't draw by just changing to the rinsing tips.  That way you didn't have to walk 100ft back to the soap bucket......???  was I wrong? 

Get a grip on your self. Take it easy, Like Art said, hose in and hose out. Bob sent tips for close and distance cleaning fan and zero tips.

If you aren't able to pull the hose or want to use a tip with more pressure.NEWS FLASH!!! The tips actually screw in so u can play with them for your set up. Its a low pressure set up

Man, the misinformation on the forum these days is amazing....or saddening.

With a massive, 3500 psi machine, it's very easy to soft wash a house and not use any high pressure.  Low pressure tips (some might call them "chemical tips") will draw via the injector, and higher pressure tips will not.  The trick is finding just how high does one have to go (by changing to a smaller orifice) to reach high enough pressure that the injector closes and does not draw.  With the higher pressure tips, simply step farther away from the home.  No pressure concerns.

Hose in and hose out?  Nope, not here.  We simply switch tips and keep on working  Time is money. We're built for efficiency, results and profitability.

Go one size smaller on the orifice on the 'high pressure' tips Robin.  See if that does the trick.  Also pick up a pressure gauge if you don't have one to see what your machine is operating at.  They're good to have around anyway and your machine may be running a bit low.

I pull the hose because I advertise Soft Wash House washing. If I put a high pressure tip on then I would be pressure washing. Ted you make a post with very simple, very basic information and think you have discovered a revelation. Very simply put. You haven't told us anything most of us have not known for years. Not sure of the mis information you speak of.

I pull the hose because I advertise Soft Wash House washing. If I put a high pressure tip on then I would be pressure washing. Ted you make a post with very simple, very basic information and think you have discovered a revelation. Very simply put. You haven't told us anything most of us have not known for years. Not sure of the mis information you speak of.

The gentlemen asked for straight forward guidance - using tips to draw, and not draw chems.  THAT is a very SIMPLE and BASIC question. If he'd wanted to use the hose-in hose out method, his question would have been moot.  Perhaps comprehension is not a strong point for some.... 

To state that it's done "this way because that's how I do it" is ignorant and didn't answer the question.

And Andy, you were part of the conversation with Bob, were you?   Discovered a revelation?    LMAO.

Mis-information =  "That's the way it is, hose hose out"

The gentlemen asked for straight forward guidance - using tips to draw, and not draw chems.  THAT is a very SIMPLE and BASIC question. If he'd wanted to use the hose-in hose out method, his question would have been moot.  Perhaps comprehension is not a strong point for some.... 

To state that it's done "this way because that's how I do it" is ignorant and didn't answer the question.

And Andy, you were part of the conversation with Bob, were you?   Discovered a revelation?    LMAO.

Mis-information =  "That's the way it is, hose hose out"

No Smart Ass I wasn't in the conversation with Bob But I do know what the set up is he sends out. And if you think that is all that funny you must not have much of a life. Keep pressure washing. Im hose in hose out unless cleaning concrete or roofs

Man, the misinformation on the forum these days is amazing....or saddening.

With a massive, 3500 psi machine, it's very easy to soft wash a house and not use any high pressure. Low pressure tips (some might call them "chemical tips") will draw via the injector, and higher pressure tips will not. The trick is finding just how high does one have to go (by changing to a smaller orifice) to reach high enough pressure that the injector closes and does not draw. With the higher pressure tips, simply step farther away from the home. No pressure concerns.

Hose in and hose out? Nope, not here. We simply switch tips and keep on working Time is money. We're built for efficiency, results and profitability.

Go one size smaller on the orifice on the 'high pressure' tips Robin. See if that does the trick. Also pick up a pressure gauge if you don't have one to see what your machine is operating at. They're good to have around anyway and your machine may be running a bit low.

Yup he is totally bang on here. Hosing in and out is a huge time waster. When your high up soaping and having to climb down and take the hose out when you dont need it.. ha! No thanks. You can buy different downstream injectors that open up at a certain volume when using the soap nozzle. The stock ones suck! You could try adding 50 ft extentions to your powering hose too. That will restrict soap being drawn... or lowering the psi on your pump... its minute tuning here and there... you may loose a bit of cleaning power but who cares anyways... you're soft washing. Lol

Man, its pretty hard to ask questions on here without getting smart ass answers.  Ted, thank you once again for helping me out. 

I will put it simply.........  Today  I went and did and full house wash/gutter polish.  Went very well.  Did have to pull hose out a bunch.  It sucked!!!!!

Im gonna listen to one of the smartest fellas around when it comes to this and that is BOB at pressure tek.  He basically said over the phone when I called him that anyone taking the time to pull the hose is leaving money on the table because time is money and hose in out is NOT NECESSARY but may take a little tinkering with nozzles if pressure is a little off.........  I will get it figured out. 

With all this being said I am going to end with this........  If any........  And I mean ANY of you ever joined a landscaping/lawcare website, I would be the one that "knows it all" and I can tell you with confidence that if any of you joined, and were in need of help, you would get it with just as much respect as I would give anyone.  I am a rookie, I am learning, and I do believe that this is what these types of sites are for.  OR, maybe its just for those veterans that know it all.........

CHRIS FROM APPLE ROOF CLEANING, you should really consider getting rid of some of the negative people that have joined here.....  Some of them are running good people off........... 

GARY W, you got pounded on this site for wanting me to call you......  I can say one thing, between you and Ted Ive learned more over the phone in the past few weeks than I deserve, and I am as thankful as a starving mouse hitting a cheese lottery!!!!!!!!  I will more than likely be calling you and Ted for questions because it seems that you two truly do enjoy helping..........  This site could use more people like you guys.  If it were I would keep visiting this site......  But that is over.

Chris, Love your site, but there will have to be some major changes before id ever consider handing over money or recommend this site again just to be bum rushed every time I have a question. 

Ted, Gary, I may bug ya every once in a while and thank you again.  Sorry for the blown out of proportion post.......  Didn't have to be that way.

You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. Having to climb down to remove the hose. Why do you need a ladder?

I was going to ask the very same question. I never use a ladder when soft washing houses. And my injectors pull through 300' of hose. they are modified to be able to do that. thats another reason we are hose in and hose out. I don't use any high pressure tips. I don't use double lance wands. I can't. I need maximum strength full draw coming through. Its really no problem for me because I have helpers. Im injecting chemicals and they are behind me brushing windows sills doors, any ledges where dirt builds up. So a simple beep beep on the radio and the hose is out.Not LMAO

Man, its pretty hard to ask questions on here without getting smart ass answers.  Ted, thank you once again for helping me out. 

I will put it simply.........  Today  I went and did and full house wash/gutter polish.  Went very well.  Did have to pull hose out a bunch.  It sucked!!!!!

Im gonna listen to one of the smartest fellas around when it comes to this and that is BOB at pressure tek.  He basically said over the phone when I called him that anyone taking the time to pull the hose is leaving money on the table because time is money and hose in out is NOT NECESSARY but may take a little tinkering with nozzles if pressure is a little off.........  I will get it figured out. 

With all this being said I am going to end with this........  If any........  And I mean ANY of you ever joined a landscaping/lawcare website, I would be the one that "knows it all" and I can tell you with confidence that if any of you joined, and were in need of help, you would get it with just as much respect as I would give anyone.  I am a rookie, I am learning, and I do believe that this is what these types of sites are for.  OR, maybe its just for those veterans that know it all.........

CHRIS FROM APPLE ROOF CLEANING, you should really consider getting rid of some of the negative people that have joined here.....  Some of them are running good people off........... 

GARY W, you got pounded on this site for wanting me to call you......  I can say one thing, between you and Ted Ive learned more over the phone in the past few weeks than I deserve, and I am as thankful as a starving mouse hitting a cheese lottery!!!!!!!!  I will more than likely be calling you and Ted for questions because it seems that you two truly do enjoy helping..........  This site could use more people like you guys.  If it were I would keep visiting this site......  But that is over.

Chris, Love your site, but there will have to be some major changes before id ever consider handing over money or recommend this site again just to be bum rushed every time I have a question. 

Ted, Gary, I may bug ya every once in a while and thank you again.  Sorry for the blown out of proportion post.......  Didn't have to be that way.

Sniff. Sniff, Now Im sad.. Did I not give you an answer in my post? and if spoken truly from you I would say I was probably correct about the tips bob sent u or real close. And u probably also did what I mentioned and put a tip in there to give higher pressure so it wouldn't pull soap. Guess ted missed that part. I didn't go in to detail because it seemed simple enough

you guys keep bashing.....  You call me a brat.......  I started a landscape company when I was 18 and bring in multi six digit numbers.....  This roof cleaning is something to branch out to to get a crew going.........   So for the prick that said I was a brat........  LOL IVE EARNED IT ALL!!!!!  not a dam thing was given to me.  What I find funny is that everyone seems to have a GRASP on who I am.  LOL  you are the ones that don't have a clue.  My mom was never in the pic as kid and father died when I was a JR in highschool.  Most BRATS would use that as a good excuse to become a loser but nope, I took off and became not only one of the nicest and well liked folks in my community (reason why im busy as hell with this within a month) but have become a successful human being that would never treat people the way some of you do.  You guys can judge me all you want......  The way I see it (And I know im right) is that anyone that has to come onto a roof cleaning site of all things to get there rocks off by talking down to others, sheesh, some of you need to take a step back and ask yourself "what the hell is wrong with me"

I will answer the question asked above.......  There was no way to soak two sides of this home.  Nor even half of the front at one time because I had to get on a ladder to SOAP the peak of the home PLUS this fella is a dog breeder and he had multiple dog "runs" to navigate hoses around.  THIS WAS A BIG HOME and very intimidating for me as a rookie.  This full house wash/gutter polish was a $750 cleaning (although I knocked off $50 because he called his neighbor and I got that job for Monday another $550 job).........................................  Needless to say this was no small house........... 

And as for this place being a ghost town, you guys sure aren't helping matters! I am a very good person and if and when I would become "knowledgable" i would gladly be a great addition for this site.  I may be the leach you all think I am today but boy i would be helpful with a little time. Look at my original post.  Was that anything to really get chitty with someone about???  Once again I would never belittle someone the way some of you do.........  Sad truth is some of you are the reason for people leaving these days..... 

there are so many people I compete with that are advertising. Tree service, landscaping,handy man service,cabinet making,room addition and Oh yes we have a pressure washer bought off craigslist so we will add pressure washing to our list of services.

I do all of the above on a very small scale at my own house. We don't try to be everything to everybody. We do what we do very well.

Our prices are not the lowest but the detail and quality of work wont be beat!

You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. Having to climb down to remove the hose. Why do you need a ladder?

I was going to ask the very same question. I never use a ladder when soft washing houses. And my injectors pull through 300' of hose. they are modified to be able to do that. thats another reason we are hose in and hose out. I don't use any high pressure tips. I don't use double lance wands. I can't. I need maximum strength full draw coming through. Its really no problem for me because I have helpers. Im injecting chemicals and they are behind me brushing windows sills doors, any ledges where dirt builds up. So a simple beep beep on the radio and the hose is out.Not LMAO

This just became very interesting to me now.  I didn't realize you weren't using ladders... AT ALL.  so your solution does all the scrubbing for the most part except for the flatter sufaces that build up more and on smoothe surfaces like windows?  Well my apologies everyone i had no idea you were literally just rinsing with any direct pressure whatsoever.  Please help me now... you guys use a 20-30% SH in your mix and it doesn't etch any windows at all? or effect any sort of other surfaces like brick and wood? Also, you guys don't use the customers tap water in America for the rinsing? do you have to use your own water tanks?  This infomation will help me understand more, as i am in canada and using customers water isn't any issue whatsoever.

This just became very interesting to me now.  I didn't realize you weren't using ladders... AT ALL.  so your solution does all the scrubbing for the most part except for the flatter sufaces that build up more and on smoothe surfaces like windows?  Well my apologies everyone i had no idea you were literally just rinsing with any direct pressure whatsoever.  Please help me now... you guys use a 20-30% SH in your mix and it doesn't etch any windows at all? or effect any sort of other surfaces like brick and wood? Also, you guys don't use the customers tap water in America for the rinsing? do you have to use your own water tanks?  This infomation will help me understand more, as i am in canada and using customers water isn't any issue whatsoever.

I always use customers water. I don't bid jobs that require water to be hauled. percentage of request would be less than half%. my machines are 5.5 or 4 gpm. Usually able to run two scrubbers on concrete.

post-1851-0-42031600-1377398299_thumb.jp

And No to 20-30% for house washing. way too much

I figured.  at that rate it's good for roof cleaning though.  I don't know what other additives you guys add.  It must be different,  i've done some tests on my shed at 30% of S.H 12%.  It didn't etch the windows but it cleaned absolutely everything on one pass in less then a minute... so yes it did seem too strong.  I used Joy, SH and liquid TSP.  nothing sticky enough here in canada for a good surfactant. i wanna order roof snot but i dont know if he ships to canada

You have to do a bucket test to accurately know the draw of injectors.

This is a Roof Cleaning forum. Soo. Ive probably said more than enough on this thread. Well maybe one more thing.

The landscapers I see on jobs are professionals. they may have pressure washers to clean mud,debris loader tracks from side walks. But they are not cleaning homes, roofs, or businesses. Why? Because they are Landscapers. If someone is all high and mighty on a landscaping forum I would think they would also be doing and promoting what their expertise is.

Large concrete cleanings by quality landscapers are subbed out because they have other jobs to do.