I reckon you're looking for more distance, hence the change in hose diameter?  Otherwise why pull a heavier hose, right?

I'd suggest doing a little test, as there are some other variables, ie pump GPM, pump psi and so on.  At some point diminishing returns comes in to play. I can tell ya this, when I ran that 1" ID Kuri tech hose, I ran it via a FB and a 1/2" inlet lines with no problems.  That's not to say that 5/8 inlet may not have helped with the distance.

Perhaps someone else will have some definitive information in this.

I'm looking for more gpm and distance. Ill do a test swaping out all the variables one at a time and record gpm and distance. I'll post back on here the results. Might even do a video. Also yes I'm running a fatboy 7gpm. According to this flow rate calculator 

http://irrigation.wsu.edu/Content/Calculators/Residential/Garden-Hose-Flow.php

The 5/8" will give you a full 7gpm at 200' and 60psi. 1/2" hose at the same specs only giving 3.8gpm... what a difference 

Wow. That's quite a difference.  And you'll have a good/interesting time gathering data  :-)

One thing that the formula on the web page you listed doesn't take in to consideration is head though.  GPM would be effected when one is two stories up, or so I would think?  I should have studied fluid dynamics.  Ha!

Good luck with your testing.