bonefish

runoff from gutters

I am just starting out and have a question about managing runoff from gutters when washing a roof. I hear about using plastic contractor bags to capture the runoff and attaching a plastic sleeve to divert the runoff. When you use a bag, what do you do with it when it fills up? If using a plastic sleeve, where do you divert the runoff to?   

i bought a roll of plastic 750 ft long 6 inches wide i slip it on the gutters and run off to a natural area where it wont hurt anything i then hose them out roll em up and reuse them been using the same roll for a long time not half way through it yet

I am just starting out and have a question about managing runoff from gutters when washing a roof. I hear about using plastic contractor bags to capture the runoff and attaching a plastic sleeve to divert the runoff. When you use a bag, what do you do with it when it fills up? If using a plastic sleeve, where do you divert the runoff to?   

​Don't over think this. Set the expectations with the homeowner before you even get the job and you will eliminate most problems. Tell them if they have a sensitive landscape area like a flower bed you will bag the runoff with a big trash bag and dilute it with water as you let it out on the driveway which will clean it somewhat or behind the air conditioner or similar spot. If they know up front they will not have a problem with it. In fact, most of them don't care what you do with it although a few will. Just don't dump it where it will run into a storm drain. That might cause you some issues. I was all worried about stuff like this before I got started and for the most part it was for nothing. 

Thanks for all the advice. I probably am over thinking it. I just don't want to kill some sweet old lady's Petunia bed on the first job. I've owned a number of business's but never one that dealt directly with the public and I guess I'm a little gun shy. On several different questions I got the same answer: talk to the customer and make sure they understand the situation. I'll figure it out eventually. 

Thanks,

Robbie

us plastic corporation and search poly tubing i get the 6 inch tubing its 750 foot long. I run it off to where ever i dont have to worry about someting dying woods a big pine straw bed with no plants or what ever. I dont run it to the road and allow to go down the storm drains we set up vaccums to capture waste water so that dont happen. I cant post a link im not that computer savy. after we are done i spray them out roll them up and use again on another job.