Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

New Roof Cleaning Forum Members Post Here

You should rinse bottom 1/3 of roof incase of light rain or heavy dew

Figure 2 gals. per square approx. Could be more or less depending on how dirty

Catch runoff in  bucket

Add surfactant

This is what I do .

Wow. great! thanks for the help.

im assuming that without rinsing the run off is kept to a minimum and that is why your able to bag it ?

where do you dispose of the bagged contents?

How does rinsing the bottom 1/3rd of the roof  help?

What are the popular surfactants that you guys are using?

Thanks again for the advice

Hello to all at the Institute! I'm Jamie, just starting out in the UK setting up a roof cleaning business. You guys dont know how lucky you are not to have European Health and Safety legislation on your backs! its a nightmare here. Anyway, i have been reading the forums with great interest but would really appreciate a couple of pointers if anyone feels so inclined. Despite the "environmental" issues here Im going to try to get up and running with SH, at least until the HSE Squad get to me. But I have two specific questions: 

what concentration of SH should i mix up (99% pellets) and what surfacants could you recommend as alternatives to Gain or Roof Snot (both unavailable here in the UK)?

Roof cleaning here is almost non-existant partly due to the scaffold requirement and partly due to the high cost of "Eco" products endorsed by the HSE.

Any advice at all (except "give up"!) would be very much appreciated.

Jamie

Good evening everyone! My name is Jeff Adams and I have owned my window cleaning business for just over 4 years now. I expanded several years ago to include pressure washing. I have been reading around about soft washing and think it will be a great add on! I have so many questions and I have started buying small pieces to build my own rig! I hope this forum will help and I look forward to any and all comments.

Jeff

Hello to all at the Institute! I'm Jamie, just starting out in the UK setting up a roof cleaning business. You guys dont know how lucky you are not to have European Health and Safety legislation on your backs! its a nightmare here. Anyway, i have been reading the forums with great interest but would really appreciate a couple of pointers if anyone feels so inclined. Despite the "environmental" issues here Im going to try to get up and running with SH, at least until the HSE Squad get to me. But I have two specific questions: 

what concentration of SH should i mix up (99% pellets) and what surfacants could you recommend as alternatives to Gain or Roof Snot (both unavailable here in the UK)?

Roof cleaning here is almost non-existant partly due to the scaffold requirement and partly due to the high cost of "Eco" products endorsed by the HSE.

Any advice at all (except "give up"!) would be very much appreciated.

Jamie

Jaime, only use liquid chlorine, not the powdered stuff. You need to find liquid sodium hypochlorite.

Hello, this is Joe Miller, I'm starting a Roof Cleaning business called "Superclean" I am living just outside the Cleveland, Oho area.

My source of income has been in home remodeling work.  I'm 51 years old, married, 3 kids, 2 of them are now in High School. My wife is employed at the Cleveland Clinic hospital.  I am hoping that Roof Cleaning can lead to a profitable business for me! (I hope so!)

I realize it is already August but it took time to buy the equipment, a truck, marketing supplies, I am now ready to begin. Take the big plunge.  I will be asking some questions soon.  I have by the way read most of the content on this website.

I like fishing, sports, politics.

Thanks,

Joe Miller

Hello, this is Joe Miller, I'm starting a Roof Cleaning business called "Superclean" I am living just outside the Cleveland, Oho area.

My source of income has been in home remodeling work.  I'm 51 years old, married, 3 kids, 2 of them are now in High School. My wife is employed at the Cleveland Clinic hospital.  I am hoping that Roof Cleaning can lead to a profitable business for me! (I hope so!)

I realize it is already August but it took time to buy the equipment, a truck, marketing supplies, I am now ready to begin. Take the big plunge.  I will be asking some questions soon.  I have by the way read most of the content on this website.

I like fishing, sports, politics.

Thanks,

Joe Miller

Welcome Joe! We are here to help you, so fire away with the roof cleaning questions.

Thanks Chris,

My first question, can someone provide a standard invoice to give to customers especially if there should be some kid of disclaimers involved at the bottom.  

I'm very new to this just one roof under my belt, a freebie for a friend.  It went very well.  However I need to try to

get some paying customers.

Just a very basic invoice, would be appreciated.

Thanks alot,

Joe Miller

Thanks Chris,

My first question, can someone provide a standard invoice to give to customers especially if there should be some kid of disclaimers involved at the bottom.  

I'm very new to this just one roof under my belt, a freebie for a friend.  It went very well.  However I need to try to

get some paying customers.

Just a very basic invoice, would be appreciated.

Thanks alot,

Joe Miller

Call these peoople http://www.mixonink.com/ and tell them that you can use my invoices! 

Just put your company name on them! 

I have a 5 year warranty printed on the back, but you can choose whether to give a 5 or 1 year warranty! 

It even has watering instructions for the customers, for after the roof cleaning.

They are very low cost, and duplicate automatically!

Chris, Thanks alot!  Appreciate it.

I called at 5pm they were closed I will try tomorrow.

I put 22 postcards on peoples doors today,(houses with black streaks) and one lady did call me back left a message asking for a quote, So I called her back but only got her answering machine.  We'll see...

Thanks

Joe.

Question, on some 2 story houses with steep inclines I will have to spray from the ladder, will the SH do any damage to vinyl siding?  If its windy and the SH carries onto the neighbors vinyl siding is this something to be concerned about?

One other question.  A lady asked me if the SH is environmentally safe, how would you respond to that question?  She said she wanted to research Sodium Hypochlorite, I know there's a lot of bad press out there about SH, any thoughts on how to give her peace of mind?

Thanks alot,

Joe Miller

SH is very safe when used by professionals, which you are. Same stuff her water is treated with, that she drinks, bathes in , washes her clothes in. Just educate her.

SH is very safe when used by professionals, which you are. Same stuff her water is treated with, that she drinks, bathes in , washes her clothes in. Just educate her.

Gary,

Is SH also safe on Vinyl siding?  (At the strength we use to clean roofs) Is there any concern there?

Thanks

Joe.

Hello my name is Richard im from Bristish columbia, Canada. I am 24 years old and into my fouth year cleaning gutters, washing houses and windows professionally.  My company name is On The Edge and i would like to learn more from joining this forum.  I hope you guys don't mind canadians... because i'm very canadian.  Anyway i just got into washing roofs with SH, before i was just doing a "moss removal" service but never targeting the algae.  i would use Tide (sodium percarbonate) and directly throw the powder on the ridge caps and peaks and apply it in rows for treatment. 

Hello my name is Richard im from Bristish columbia, Canada. I am 24 years old and into my fouth year cleaning gutters, washing houses and windows professionally.  My company name is On The Edge and i would like to learn more from joining this forum.  I hope you guys don't mind canadians... because i'm very canadian.  Anyway i just got into washing roofs with SH, before i was just doing a "moss removal" service but never targeting the algae.  i would use Tide (sodium percarbonate) and directly throw the powder on the ridge caps and peaks and apply it in rows for treatment. 

This is my first year of roof cleaning although I wish I was 24 again!  Anyhow, someone I know swore that using TIDE was the way to clean roofs, Can someone chime in who has experience shed some light on this.

Thanks

Joe Miller

This is my first year of roof cleaning although I wish I was 24 again!  Anyhow, someone I know swore that using TIDE was the way to clean roofs, Can someone chime in who has experience shed some light on this.

Thanks

Joe Miller

Yes Tide is the Best bang for you buck laundry cleaning detergent in powder form... i have been doing it this way for 3 years and get amazing results doing this.  there are cheaper laundry detergents but not all of them have a sodium percarbonate mix as good as tide and have little to no effect at all (Sunlight, Gain, etc).  At first i used to apply it in one row across the hips and ridge caps... coming back after a few months after several rain falls it would clean about 4-6 feet totally CLEAR of moss and algae.  so eventually i applied it in rows... about 6 feet I would add a horizontal row.  On the average roof i would use anywhere between 5-6 boxes of detergent.  The biggest ones you can get at your whole-saler.  Again after several rainfalls there would only be few streaks left behind of the black algae.  It's hard to rely on this method for 100% results.  I would just let the customer know that your roof will be getting cleaner as the months go on... but couldn't make it an extra profitable sale like the instant result methods.  The nice thing about percarbonate is you don't have to worry about any surfaces getting wrecked or plants...  from my experiences.  sodium percarbonate > hydrogen peroxide > 5 hour maximum strength in liquid form (correct me if i'm wrong).  

What is the best surficant to use?  Gain dishwashing soap? Do you mix Gain with TSP or do you

use a different surficant for SH and TSP combination.

Thanks

Joe.

What is the best surficant to use? Gain dishwashing soap? Do you mix Gain with TSP or do you

use a different surficant for SH and TSP combination.

Thanks

Joe.

I cant find gain dish soap here where I live... I use joy and mix it with liquid tsp. Works extremely well. Don't have to wait for 6kg of powder tsp to dissolve

I cant find gain dish soap here where I live... I use joy and mix it with liquid tsp. Works extremely well. Don't have to wait for 6kg of powder tsp to dissolve

Do you use Sodium Hypochlorite, TSP, and Joy dishwashing soap all together when you clean?

Thanks

Joe.

Liquid TSP is seldom the same as real TSP. If it is TSP Substitute, it is NOT the same as TSP.