That is a 1/4" pump. Too small. 3/8" is the minimum with 1/2" being far better and 3/4 or 1" being the best for larger/steeper roofs. That 1/4" pump will have the same or less flow than your current electric rig. Most guys running Yamadas are running NDP-15s which are a 1/2" pump. You also need to be careful of what pump materials you choose. Not all materials...pump bodies and diaphragms/balls/seats are SH compatible.

That is a 1/4" pump. Too small. 3/8" is the minimum with 1/2" being far better and 3/4 or 1" being the best for larger/steeper roofs. That 1/4" pump will have the same or less flow than your current electric rig. Most guys running Yamadas are running NDP-15s which are a 1/2" pump. You also need to be careful of what pump materials you choose. Not all materials...pump bodies and diaphragms/balls/seats are SH compatible.

Check this out. Good buy, but for a little more $$$ you can get a 1" hasteloy pump from Peak and NEVER have to buy another

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilden-P1-1-2-Air-Diaphragm-Pump-AODD-Polypropylene-w-Teflon-Diaphragms-New-/131153849872?pt=BI_Pumps&hash=item1e8960ee10

So if your saying that if I get the Versamatic 3/8 pump I will be fine with the 1/2 inch Kuri hose?

5/8 roof cleaning hose is what you want, not the 1/2 inch!

1/2 inch restricts flow too much, and that little 3/8 pump don't have a lot of flow to piss away my friend.

It will work with 1/2 inch hose, but will work much better with 5/8 diameter hose.

Well, for now Im going to go with the 1/2 inch hose I already bought from Pressure Tek. And will probably go with the Versa Matic E5PP6X669A-G 1/2" pump. I cant see spending buku bucks all without spraying one roof yet. I need to get my feet wet first and start earning some $ before I upgrade. I already have an elecric set up that I probably wont be able to sell.

Hi Gene I'm actually ready to start buying my "toys"  I could probably help you out. Bought my trailer today now I need something to mount on it. PM me with what you got and we'll go from there.

Well, for now Im going to go with the 1/2 inch hose I already bought from Pressure Tek. And will probably go with the Versa Matic E5PP6X669A-G 1/2" pump. I cant see spending buku bucks all without spraying one roof yet. I need to get my feet wet first and start earning some $ before I upgrade. I already have an elecric set up that I probably wont be able to sell.

Polypropylene will be negatively effected by Chlorine, so you will want to thoroughly rinse your pump after each use. But even doing that, the Chlorine will eventually wear thru the seats and seals, just as it does in the Delavan pumps. That is why they make a pump like the Versa Matic E5KP5T5T9A-G 1/2" Pump which is Kynar and Teflon. Of course at $550, there are...ahem...alternatives...two still available and unreserved to be accurate. It is a $213 difference between that Versamatic pump and one of the 1" Hastelloy pumps I am offering.

Polypropylene is also effected by UV, so you will want to build a cover for a Poly pump to stop any weakening effects. To whit:

Polypropylene is liable to chain degradation from exposure to heat and UV radiation such as that present in sunlight.

Realize that there are two schools of thought on pumps. A lot of folks see pumps as sacrificial items to be used until they break. In the case of electrics and non resistant material Air, this is the case. The smart ones keep backups on the truck for a quick change out or quickly invest in an upgraded resistant materials pump as soon as possible. You will want to do one or the other soon as a job or two is out of the way if you go with the poly pump you list above.

Then there are guys who don't want breakage and are willing to pay more upfront for highly resistant materials that are far less effected or immune to Chlorine. The second category are typically established guys who have a few years of roof cleaning under their belts and are willing to pay for reliability and longevity. Both are perfectly valid schools of thought. First approach costs more in the long run, but is less upfront initial capital layout intensive. I was in the first category and started just like you...only I bought Bob's FB package. Eventually I realized that the pump breakage always falls in the middle of a big job or busy time of the year and after numerous instances of pumps breaking down (I have a Fatboy And Relay Graveyard in the Garage) decided that things breaking down piss me off. I lose money when the rig is being fixed and not cleaning.

As for your electric setup....ask Bob at PT if he would take it back in on trade for credit. Or keep it as a backup or secondary cleaning or foliage spraydown setup....just stick a garden hose adapter in it and plumb it into the FW tank with a Tee. Don't always assume the house you are spraying will have decent...or any water pressure. It isn't unusual for bank owned properties to have the water shut off so you need to bring in...or pay a neighbor $5 for a FW supply. Seriously...keep some $5 bills on hand....I've needed to do that more than once. That is why I now have a 65 Gal rinse tank instead of a 25 Gal Rinse tank.

Hose wise...did you go with the clear or the Kuritek hose package from Bob? If the Kuritek yellow or red, no problem. But...lif you went for the clear hose, be careful. I had that hose for a few months and it failed spectacularly, totally full of bubbles where the SH broke thru the inner liner creating what can only be described as hosepox. Big bubbles all over the place with failure imminent...probably on somebody's lawn. It was ugly. Not sure why, as that is a PVC hose, but it was pretty bad. Switched to Kuritec solid color hose and had zero problems since. If you went for the clear...ask Bob if you can return the whole package in swap for a 5/8" Kuritec hose and some HangTite.

Speaking of watering, see my notes on the X Hose Pro to save a ton of plant rinse hose jockeying. It won't take long for the freshwater hose to thoroughly piss you off if you don't use a reel.

Peak, great advice. What I plan to do is use the versa pump to spray and rinse with both the Sh 65 gal and FW 35 gal tanks on a T. When rinsing at the end ( cuz there are hardly any gutters around here) switch over to FW and kill 2 birds with one stone.

I bought the Kuri 5850 package so I have the yellow hose although its 1/2 inch. I will look into the X-hose pro. From what I understand with the X-hose is that when full of water and not spraying, they are at full length, when spraying they want to shrink up cuz thats what they do when pressure drops. Is that false?

Peak, great advice. What I plan to do is use the versa pump to spray and rinse with both the Sh 65 gal and FW 35 gal tanks on a T. When rinsing at the end ( cuz there are hardly any gutters around here) switch over to FW and kill 2 birds with one stone.

I bought the Kuri 5850 package so I have the yellow hose although its 1/2 inch. I will look into the X-hose pro. From what I understand with the X-hose is that when full of water and not spraying, they are at full length, when spraying they want to shrink up cuz thats what they do when pressure drops. Is that false?

You will want to run the tanks to a T VALVE...so you can select between the two and not have them mix. You can also run a valve at each tank into a T but the issue comes in when you forget one valve is on and open the other, mixing the outputs. With a 3 wat valve,that can't happen.

When you switch over to fresh water from the mix, you will want to stick your spray hose into the mix tank and run the system to flush the SH mix out of the line. Run until it turns clear. And toss a running hose into the FW tank to refill as you spray. 35 Gal can go faster than you think, especially when you have it wide open to do a thorough wash down.

Yes the XHose Pro will shrink a bit while spraying, but not so much that it makes it impossible to use at length. They fully shrink and retract with no water in them, making them super easy to retrieve. I like the fact that I can toss several hundred feet into a bucket.

I plan on getting another 65 gal tank for rinsing and adding to the mix while carrying a 30 gal drum of SH on the truck. X-hoses (pro) are en route. Just recieved my Yamada 1/2" pump today (was only $290 off ebay) Kynar with Teflon diaphragms. Will be getting a T-valve to avoid mixups. My trailer is kind of small 5x8 and will be on the tight side fitting everything in with 2 65 gal tanks and a wheelbarrow compressor, pump and hoses-hose reel. Its rated for 1650 lbs so it should be ok there. Shouldn't be over 1350 lbs loaded. 

I plan on getting another 65 gal tank for rinsing and adding to the mix while carrying a 30 gal drum of SH on the truck. X-hoses (pro) are en route. Just recieved my Yamada 1/2" pump today (was only $290 off ebay) Kynar with Teflon diaphragms. Will be getting a T-valve to avoid mixups. My trailer is kind of small 5x8 and will be on the tight side fitting everything in with 2 65 gal tanks and a wheelbarrow compressor, pump and hoses-hose reel. Its rated for 1650 lbs so it should be ok there. Shouldn't be over 1350 lbs loaded. 

That was a good price for a Kynar Yamada 1/2 inch roof cleaning pump! 

That was a good price for a Kynar Yamada 1/2 inch roof cleaning pump! 

Yeah...I almost bid on that one just to have for a backup to my backups...glad to see one of the members got it instead. 

My original plan was to put dual Electric and Air on the truck. Then I became ensnared by the air setup and the total flexibility it brings, so I dropped the idea and still have a pair of FB2s sitting here new in the box. I am still pondering the possibility of using a twin Air setup up with two pumps and two hose sets. One guy can be spraying one half while the other does the other half. Twice the production. .

With that set up, you better have one hell of a groundman, or two, so labor costs cut your profit severly. Running two large aodd pumps will only take about 10 minutes to spray.

Twice of everything. 2 guys spraying, 2 ground guys, 2 hoses, 2 compressors, 2 pumps etc. If all you did was large commercial buildings I think that makes sense but 4 guys for one house? Idk. Why not split them into 2 trucks? Or a main truck and an extra trailer unit. Yes you will get done with each job faster If you have 4 guys but do you have the work load to back the faster production?

Twice of everything. 2 guys spraying, 2 ground guys, 2 hoses, 2 compressors, 2 pumps etc. If all you did was large commercial buildings I think that makes sense but 4 guys for one house? Idk. Why not split them into 2 trucks? Or a main truck and an extra trailer unit. Yes you will get done with each job faster If you have 4 guys but do you have the work load to back the faster production?

Yeah....thinking about adding a second truck but if I do that, it will be to reach two counties south into the Northern parts of Seattle. With sprinklers watering the plants and nearly every roof around here having gutters, two men could crank out roofs at production line speed. Me and my spray man did four roofs yesterday with my 3/4" pump...though two were 1200 sq ft single story low pitch roofs. More roofs per day equals more sales per day. I am already booked 4 weeks out so need to do something to increase production.

Yeah....thinking about adding a second truck but if I do that, it will be to reach two counties south into the Northern parts of Seattle. With sprinklers watering the plants and nearly every roof around here having gutters, two men could crank out roofs at production line speed. Me and my spray man did four roofs yesterday with my 3/4" pump...though two were 1200 sq ft single story low pitch roofs. More roofs per day equals more sales per day. I am already booked 4 weeks out so need to do something to increase production.

Everett and Lynwood Washington should be within reach, and there are literally a TON of big ass homes over in Bellevue and Snohomish, not to mention Kirkland!

I called them yesterday Chris, they said Apache doesnt sell any serviceable parts. It doesnt make sense to me. The "PARTS GUY" At Apache said to search online.

Seriously? That is LAME! I would call and ask to speak to the owner or president of the company. Explain to him that you are posting your experience on the largest professional roof cleaning forum in the US where a lot of guys are using or switching to air driven systems. The unwillingness and inability to get spare parts will be posted for all to see and decide as to what compressor they will consider purchasing for their commercial use business. Conversely, the willingness of the company to accommodate professional users with things such as spare parts will likewise be posted.

And I thought you bought a Rigid???