I have one of these pumps for chemical transfer. I recently have been using it for partial roof cleans. It is very handy for small jobs. It has 1/2" ports and suggest minimum 3/4 " diameter hoses.

My question is. If I had 3/4" suction hose and 1/2" hose on gun would I increase distance? The pump is on demand 60 psi

On most all pumps the suction supply shoud be at least 1.5 times the suction port size. 2 times is actually better. I have a 2" pipe attached to both my 1" aodd pumps, that is how I shoot 70+ feet.

Gary what s always confusing to me is the restriction at the pump. In my case on the Northern. 1/2". I also have 1/2" & 3/4" air pumps but I have had problems with them on jobs at exactly the wrong time. The Hypro would be the perfect back up pump but for $800 I cou buy another ARO Ingersol Rand.

I guess the larger suction line assures the pump is not starving for chemicals and possibly sucking the line dry

I have not gone back to 12v as my only pump. I was pleased with it and I had a couple small partial roof cleans 3000sf. So I thought I would try it. Small tank small pump. Took up little space worked well.

I have a couple 1/2" air pumps. Generation 11 pump. And others that I take with me to the larger jobs. I like a back up for the back up.