Roof Cleaning Virginia

$900 in spare pumps arrived today

Ted, are those those pumps I told you about ?  If so, we sure need feedback from a 12 volt  pump using roof cleaning company.

I really don't care what brand and type of pump a roof cleaner uses. Mallard Systems in their heyday had 4 some trucks out cleaning roofs and exteriors, all powered by the 3.8 gpm at 45 psi Shurflo 12 volt pumps.  All Mallard trucks always kept a spare Shurflo, just in case. Mallard often sent trucks to jobs hours away, and could not afford down time from broken pumps, so it was remove and replace whenever they had trouble. Physical Room was also a problem for them, because the dual tank system Mallard used, took up the entire truck Bed.  

I always thought the dual tank system they used was a good idea. One tank was mounted higher, and it had pure SH in it. The lower tank was  the mix tank. They pulled up to their first roof cleaning job that was say 2500 sq ft, and knew from experience it was gonna take 100 gallons of roof cleaning mix.  So, for a 40% mix, they turned the valve on the Top Tank, to allow 40 gallons of pure SH to flow into the bottom Mix Tank. The rest was added water, 60 gallons of it, and their Soap.

Now, if they had a pool cage only to clean, they either watered down left over roof cleaning mix from the day before, or made it up, right then.  

I still think for many people, this type of a dual tank system is a great idea, especially for those cleaning more then just roofs, like us.

This system also helped put Mallard out of business. Here is why - It did not take Mallards Lazy ass Employees long to figure out that pure, and unwatered SH cleans fast! Back in the day, I remember watching some old Mallard Employees clean shingle roofs, with straight 12.5% :( 

You know me Ted, I HAD to say something, and it nearly started a fight. I was told to "mind my own business", and it was all I could do to not start swinging. I got their truck number, and turned them into Mallard, who fired them the very nexxt day.

If you are so foolish to clean a shingle roof with pure 12.5% SH Ted, and see that roof in say 5 years later, you will see a ruined roof!

Ted, are those those pumps I told you about ?  If so, we sure need feedback from a 12 volt  pump using roof cleaning company.

I really don't care what brand and type of pump a roof cleaner uses. Mallard Systems in their heyday had 4 some trucks out cleaning roofs and exteriors, all powered by the 3.8 gpm at 45 psi Shurflo 12 volt pumps.  All Mallard trucks always kept a spare Shurflo, just in case. Mallard often sent trucks to jobs hours away, and could not afford down time from broken pumps, so it was remove and replace whenever they had trouble. Physical Room was also a problem for them, because the dual tank system Mallard used, took up the entire truck Bed.  

I always thought the dual tank system they used was a good idea. One tank was mounted higher, and it had pure SH in it. The lower tank was  the mix tank. They pulled up to their first roof cleaning job that was say 2500 sq ft, and knew from experience it was gonna take 100 gallons of roof cleaning mix.  So, for a 40% mix, they turned the valve on the Top Tank, to allow 40 gallons of pure SH to flow into the bottom Mix Tank. The rest was added water, 60 gallons of it, and their Soap.

Now, if they had a pool cage only to clean, they either watered down left over roof cleaning mix from the day before, or made it up, right then.  

I still think for many people, this type of a dual tank system is a great idea, especially for those cleaning more then just roofs, like us.

This system also helped put Mallard out of business. Here is why - It did not take Mallards Lazy ass Employees long to figure out that pure, and unwatered SH cleans fast! Back in the day, I remember watching some old Mallard Employees clean shingle roofs, with straight 12.5% :(

You know me Ted, I HAD to say something, and it nearly started a fight. I was told to "mind my own business", and it was all I could do to not start swinging. I got their truck number, and turned them into Mallard, who fired them the very nexxt day.

If you are so foolish to clean a shingle roof with pure 12.5% SH Ted, and see that roof in say 5 years later, you will see a ruined roof!

Sorry Chris - those are not the pumps that you told me a out.  I instinctively hit Bob's number for PressureTek to order those pumps.  I do want to give the others a try though.

Sorry Chris - those are not the pumps that you told me a out.  I instinctively hit Bob's number for PressureTek to order those pumps.  I do want to give the others a try though.

I was just curious. Bob from Pressure Tek is a good guy to order stuff from, and has competitive prices on 12 volt roof cleaning pumps, with fast, reliable shipping.