JetBlueRacer

Pump chemical transfer

What's up guys... !!!

Question... How do you guys transfer chemical into your solution tank ???

Right now I am in the process for finding out my best options for where to buy my cleaning solutions and how I will be able to either transfer from my chem tank into my solution tank... Like mentioned... I am trying to find my best location for where to purchase my chem solutions to make it as easy as possible ...

I am located in Morrisville, NC so if The Carolina boys want to PM me that would be great info to have... !!!

Thanks guys

I have a spare 3/4" Kynar pump I use as a transfer pump. I just plug the transfer pump into an airline connector and regulator and fire the compressor up. Tank is full in no time.

Since you have a 1" air pump, take advantage of it. Put Cam-Lock quick connects on your pump in/out and use your air pump to transfer the chem.

Plumb in a permanent transfer hose into your mix tank or if you top draw, just switch it from input to output.  Then buy some Goodyear Aggie PVC spiral hose (recommended stuff to plumb your rig with) and make up a fill hose with a cam lock (I have a length of CPVC pipe on the end of mine as a draw tube). When you want to transfer, just unplug your tank feed hose (make sure you have an on/off valve if you do a bulkhead draw) and your spray hose and plug in your fill line from your storage tank or drum. Pump what you need then switch the draw tube over into a spare 55 Gal water barrel you will want to keep on hand so you can flush the pump and fill lines when you are done filling (and have water on hand in case there is a spill).  Switch your lines back and you are off to the job. Takes a minute to swap hoses but it is certainly cheaper than buying a chem drum pump (about $700 and for that, I have some spare AODD pumps. 

Another alternative if you have your chems delivered and they can pump into a tank at your place is to build an elevated chem storage tank. Then when you are ready to fill, just pop a fill line into your mix tank and open the storage tank valve.

Respect the raw 12.5%. It is no joke. Use PVC gloves and eye protection (if you have a Harbor Freight close by, they have cheap PVC coated gloves). It is not fun if you spill it on you and you react badly to it you will be hurting for a few days.  God help you if you get straight 12.5% it in your eye. At some point in your roof cleaning career you will get some roof mix in your eyes and that day SUCKs. Keep an eyewash cup on hand...my guys have use it. If you keep your chem in a closed building, make sure it is well ventilated as things will build up.  

Pool pump.    2" plumbing including the discharge hose.  And it's fast as hell!

Damn...that is a really good idea. Should be pretty chlorine proof. Do you have it plumbed to flush the pump with fresh water afterwards and what size circuit is it into?

Damn...that is a really good idea. Should be pretty chlorine proof. Do you have it plumbed to flush the pump with fresh water afterwards and what size circuit is it into?

Yep.  20 amp.  Wish I could take credit for it  LOL.  I lease space from another company, and we jointly hired a plumber that came up with the design.  It's switchable between two SH vats, and is tied to the high pressure/flow side of the water line.  We're in and out in no time.

That might be a good solution for a lot of guys. They make slightly smaller 1.5 HP versions that can likely run off a 15A circuit and they are cheaper than chem transfer pumps. I'd assume they still need rinsing so plumbing in a barrel of rinse water is a good idea.