Triad Roof Cleaners LLC

Air Pump Decision

I'm building my first rig and have decided to go with air vs 12 volt. I need some advice on which pump to purchase. After reading the forums for hours the 1/2 inch pump is the way I want to go. It seems the Yamada and All-Flo pumps are held in high regard on the forums. Pressure Washer Products has the All-Flo 1/2 inch priced at $625. it's rated at 17 GPM, an Ebay seller ( realdealzzz ) has two Yamada NDP 15 FVT rated at 13.5 GPM. I guess my question would be, am I overlooking other quality pumps available at better pricing? I noticed Chris Tucker uses the Yamada pumps and I have to believe he uses the best. Any input or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Also I'm ready to purchase tanks. If I'm looking at Northern Tool, Tractor Supply, etc. is there any tank material that I need to avoid or are most ag tanks made from acceptable material?

I got my Yamada NDP-15 from realdealzzz also. Good pump, good price too.

Me too. Same pump. Thumbs up.

As a side note to this, how often (if ever) should you need to rebuild/replace the internals of these pumps? How long does it last on average? and where do you get the replacement parts from? I know Chris T has used these a lot and it seems like Beacon has quite a few of them so any suggestions guys?

Check this out. It is used, but this guy don't sell no junk, and it is priced right.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aro-1-2-Air-Diaphragm-Pump-AODD-670056-/141550337691?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f50ebe9b

This is one hell of a good deal on a good pump! The Man who sells these checks them all out, and has a great reputation. A KYNAR pump would be better, but if you rinse these out, you should easily get a seson out of them.

I'm building my first rig and have decided to go with air vs 12 volt. I need some advice on which pump to purchase. After reading the forums for hours the 1/2 inch pump is the way I want to go. It seems the Yamada and All-Flo pumps are held in high regard on the forums. Pressure Washer Products has the All-Flo 1/2 inch priced at $625. it's rated at 17 GPM, an Ebay seller ( realdealzzz ) has two Yamada NDP 15 FVT rated at 13.5 GPM. I guess my question would be, am I overlooking other quality pumps available at better pricing? I noticed Chris Tucker uses the Yamada pumps and I have to believe he uses the best. Any input or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Also I'm ready to purchase tanks. If I'm looking at Northern Tool, Tractor Supply, etc. is there any tank material that I need to avoid or are most ag tanks made from acceptable material?

Yes, we have a few Yamada NDP 15 FVT Pumps, and we get about a year and a 1/2 out of them, between rebuilds.

The Yamada's are great pumps, but it just worked out that we got some great deals on them. ANY Kynar pump with Teflon insides is good, for what we do.