Roof Cleaning Virginia

Let's see your quote and or invoice documents - I'll show you mine

Alright guys, let's compare some notes on the documents in your arsenal.  (Sadly, I know of some folks that are using the low end tear-off quote and invoice pads from Staples...  SMH.   What a missed opportunity.)

Our invoice can be found here.  You'll need to click the download button.  No worries, the site is safe (it's mine).  But if you're not comfortable with it, that's ok with me.  See once you've downloaded the full page file, you'll notice that the entire doc is protected, other than predetermined fill-able fields.  This allows us to complete these quote forms substantially faster than when we were using Excel.  It's all tab based other than the $$.  That must be moused, at least for now.

Before it gets presented, it gets converted to a PDF so that the entire doc is locked, or protected along with other collateral.

Full disclosure - I've just converted this docX from Excel, and some of the spacing is still a bit off.  Once the 2014 Angie's list award is published, I'll need to change it again, so it's fine until then.

These are now easily completed in the field or at the office, and time is money.  For years I've wanted to get this to where it's simply tab-able fields.  Finally made the time!

Who's next to share theirs?

Alright guys, let's compare some notes on the documents in your arsenal.  (Sadly, I know of some folks that are using the low end tear-off quote and invoice pads from Staples...  SMH.   What a missed opportunity.)

Our invoice can be found here.  You'll need to click the download button.  No worries, the site is safe (it's mine).  But if you're not comfortable with it, that's ok with me.  See once you've downloaded the full page file, you'll notice that the entire doc is protected, other than predetermined fill-able fields.  This allows us to complete these quote forms substantially faster than when we were using Excel.  It's all tab based other than the $$.  That must be moused, at least for now.

Before it gets presented, it gets converted to a PDF so that the entire doc is locked, or protected along with other collateral.

Full disclosure - I've just converted this docX from Excel, and some of the spacing is still a bit off.  Once the 2014 Angie's list award is published, I'll need to change it again, so it's fine until then.

These are now easily completed in the field or at the office, and time is money.  For years I've wanted to get this to where it's simply tab-able fields.  Finally made the time!

Who's next to share theirs?

Looks great... I like your " Payment due upon completion "

Looks great... I like your " Payment due upon completion "

That's never enforced nor even even mentioned unless the client even remotely gives off dead-beat vibes.  In fact, I've still got people making monthly payments to us from over the summer.    Beer money!

Man, I'm just tickled to have that fillable/tab function after all of these years  :-)

Mr. Neilson - you like to fish and shoot - a man after my own heart! I hear Hank does a little fishin' too. 

Quickbooks is very good.  I'm attempting all of these changes solely for the 'front end' of the sales processes.  My CPA/Book keeper takes care of all of the back end stuff.

I made some more changes, and I like where this is going.  Format change, No biggie.  But now, once the fillable fields are complete while still a word docX, I've now managed to implement clickable links within the final PDF.  And one no longer has to down load the file (I think).  I had to 'tap a plugin'.  More on that in a minute.

Presuming I get the process where I want it, the last step will be to spring for Adobe PRO, so I can make PDFs fillable, thereby bypassing the word to pdf process altogether.  More streamlining and time is money.

Thoughts, suggests, critiques etc, are all welcome. 

If someone would please tell me if the file presents itself automatically, if one needs to 'tap a plugin to activate' it or if it still needs to be down loaded via a click.  It's auto downloading for me on Firefox.

The new file can be found here or just search keywords beta testing from the main page.

Thanks!

Im wondering about the bottom of your invoice where you have the ARMA logo as well as Certainteed and others.  

I wonder WHY you have those, and also, do you need their permission to have them on your documents?   Are you a member of the ARMA? Do these logos represent that these corporations endorse you, or anything like that?

Im just curious and building my stuff now.

Thanks for any input.

So you two gents actually go see your clients and speak with them in person for a quote??!!  :-)  The rare times that I have to do that, I too fill them out the old fashioned way - with a pen.  But the vast majority of the time, it's email or a phone call.  Too much windshield time with no revenue otherwise, at least for me.  We all seem to find our own ways of takin' care of business.

Re having the logos, I'd counter your question with - why not?  Think about a formal sales cycle and what you're trying to achieve.  My business specializes in roofs - it's what we do.  So we act the part, play the part, look the part, and offer an incredible service to our clients.    Email me if you want any more info than that   :-)

Edited by Roof Cleaning Virginia
typos, as always...

So you two gents actually go see your clients and speak with them in person for a quote??!!  :-)  The rare times that I have to do that, I too fill them out the old fashioned way - with a pen.  But the vast majority of the time, it's email or a phone call.  Too much windshield time with no revenue otherwise, at least for me.  We all seem to find our own ways of takin' care of business.

Re having the logos, I'd counter your question with - why not?  Think about a formal sales cycle and what you're trying to achieve.  My business specializes in roofs - it's what we do.  So we act the part, play the part, look the part, and offer an incredible service to our clients.    Email me if you want any more info than that   :-)

I think that's the painter in us.  When estimating painting we pretty much need to see what we're getting into.  Roof cleaning and pressure washing are normally done over the phone.

I go look at every job that is a new customer,..not just to see the the work and landscape,..but meeting the customer shows a more personal touch and interest in their job. I like to explain about moss and lichen and anything else that may be of interest,..not to mention the possibilities of other work.  

Oh,.and I don't write any quotes on anything in most cases. I like keeping business casual.  I give them a price and and they say, "sure do it"... then I come and do it.

( I will write it down in my personal notes, because busy times can get confusing on who gets charged what,Ha,Ha,.)

*Certain jobs require written quotes,..but residential is just agreed on when looked at. 

**We have about 100 regular every year customers who just call when they're ready, we obviously don't look at these every time. In fact many of these customers have told us a month they want it done every year and we just schedule it in.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff

Educate all you want brother - I'm in it to win it  :-)  Time is money and we focus HARD on production.  This is a screen shot of one of the jobs that we're doing tomorrow, compliments of another roof cleaning company in the area.  The house faces north.  Even though there are no strains in the pic, we know that's where they'll be and price accordingly.  Treat the entire front side, for $x.  If i were to go look at all of them, there would be no time to clean them

For estate homes and for cedar roofs, I tend to go look at them as a precaution.

Check out Pictometry or BingMaps.

Capture3.JPG

That's never enforced nor even even mentioned unless the client even remotely gives off dead-beat vibes.  In fact, I've still got people making monthly payments to us from over the summer.    Beer money!

Man, I'm just tickled to have that fillable/tab function after all of these years  :-)

how did u do this? i currently use excel and convert to pdf before emailing to customer. shall i just post my quote here or message it?

thats a pretty cool quote btw

both..imbedded link to show u all the quote i use and tab function for it.

You can simply upload it as an attachment just below the text that you type when you post (where it says 'choose files'), or, save it as a file on your site/server and link the URL.  Probably easier just to add it to your post manually.