JetBlueRacer

Kynar 1" pump 49gpm

Hey guys,

I found via Ebay a NEW 1" Kynar pump... Sales price $ 1,200.00 Retail price $ 2,700.00

MAX 100 PSI

FLOW 35GPM

MAX FLOW 49 GPM

Diaphragm Santoprene... Ball material EPDM

Is this a good reliable long lasting pump... ???

*** NEW IN BOX ... NEVER USED ***

Hey guys,

I found via Ebay a NEW 1" Kynar pump... Sales price $ 1,200.00 Retail price $ 2,700.00

MAX 100 PSI

FLOW 35GPM

MAX FLOW 49 GPM

Diaphragm Santoprene... Ball material EPDM

Is this a good reliable long lasting pump... ???

*** NEW IN BOX ... NEVER USED ***

got a link, because if it is the one I am tyhinking about, no

Welcome Jet Blue to the best roof cleaning forum. 

The pump you have on your post is probably not the one you will want for roof cleaning. The santoprene diaphragms would Have to be rinsed out every day at least and the EPDM ball valves arent the best choice. 

Here is a link for a Wilden Kynar roof cleaning pump that is made for chemicals with PTFE (teflon) diaphragms and ball valves and will last much longer than the santoprene/EPDM pump.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilden-P200-KKPPP-TNU-TF-KTV-Dbl-Air-Diaphram-Pump-Pneumatic-1-Kynar-Chemical-/191462734729?pt=BI_Pumps&hash=item2c94117b89

Welcome Jet Blue to the best roof cleaning forum. 

The pump you have on your post is probably not the one you will want for roof cleaning. The santoprene diaphragms would Have to be rinsed out every day at least and the EPDM ball valves arent the best choice. 

Here is a link for a Wilden Kynar roof cleaning pump that is made for chemicals with PTFE (teflon) diaphragms and ball valves and will last much longer than the santoprene/EPDM pump.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilden-P200-KKPPP-TNU-TF-KTV-Dbl-Air-Diaphram-Pump-Pneumatic-1-Kynar-Chemical-/191462734729?pt=BI_Pumps&hash=item2c94117b89

Yes! I saw that 1 inch air pump on Ebay, and you are absolutely right!

Santoprene is A OK for chlorine use, but there are better choices then EDPM.

Especially when you are asked to pay 1,400 dollars!

There is a used Graco 1 inch poly pump on there for only 299.00 right now!

It is Poly and Santoprene, but rinsed out, it will last a good while, it is only 299.00 !

Lot of people look at the diaphragm material on the pumps but ignore the seals and ball valve materials.mit makes a big difference! When your ball valves and/or seals go, your pump will lose pressure or stop working all together and become a big pain in the butt.

Fortunately it isn't usually that expensive to retrofit Kynar or teflon balls and seals and they fit right in.

That being said, if you purchase a cheaper pump but then have to spend a bunch of money buying new diaphragms, valves and seals then you may be better off just buying a pump that already has those things installed.

Lot of people look at the diaphragm material on the pumps but ignore the seals and ball valve materials.mit makes a big difference! When your ball valves and/or seals go, your pump will lose pressure or stop working all together and become a big pain in the butt.

Fortunately it isn't usually that expensive to retrofit Kynar or teflon balls and seals and they fit right in.

That being said, if you purchase a cheaper pump but then have to spend a bunch of money buying new diaphragms, valves and seals then you may be better off just buying a pump that already has those things installed.

This is an incredible deal on a pump that cost nearly 1200.00 new! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aro-1-2-Air-Diaphragm-Pump-AODD-Kynar-W-Teflon-Diaphragms-PD05P-ALSKTT-B-/131410152477

This little guy has all the right stuff, in all the right places, plus this Ebay seller actually breaks every pump down before he sells it.

He only wants 169.00 for it !!!!!!!!

I have bought used air pumps with less then perfect internals, used them till they needed rebuilt, and then rebuilt them with the right stuff.

This is an incredible deal on a pump that cost nearly 1200.00 new! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aro-1-2-Air-Diaphragm-Pump-AODD-Kynar-W-Teflon-Diaphragms-PD05P-ALSKTT-B-/131410152477This little guy has all the right stuff, in all the right places, plus this Ebay seller actually breaks every pump down before he sells it.He only wants 169.00 for it !!!!!!!!I have bought used air pumps with less then perfect internals, used them till they needed rebuilt, and then rebuilt them with the right stuff.

So this pump with a 5/8" hose with a strong air compressor would be a great set up... ???

I have been getting pumped for the 1" pumps that I have been reading about... but... $ 169.00 is almost free... !!!

Pump sold majorly quick... I should have grabbed it... !!!

[/quote

Not to sound Egotistical, but when I say Jump, then Jump.

You missed out my friend :(

Keep an eye on that EBAY Seller, and as a Premium Member, you can simply call me anytime for advice. Call 7 days a week, from 11 am to 11 pm, and get the advice you paid for.