PWP is where I got mine 6 years ago. Yes it does last that long if you get them to install the heavy brass fittings. Tell Lori Gary said HI.

We have a 100' section of Kuri Tec Ag hose that is 1" ID!  It's a monster and is very heavy once it's loaded up with mix, but man, with a fat boy that thing can reach a country mile!  It's on a specialty set up that we rarely use, but when we need it, it's great to have.

At some point, diminishing returns must come in to lay with hose diameters, at least with 12v set ups.

We have a 100' section of Kuri Tec Ag hose that is 1" ID!  It's a monster and is very heavy once it's loaded up with mix, but man, with a fat boy that thing can reach a country mile!  It's on a specialty set up that we rarely use, but when we need it, it's great to have.

At some point, diminishing returns must come in to lay with hose diameters, at least with 12v set ups.

It is very smart to have a special "shoot hose" setup, like you have Ted. But then, you are a very smart guy :) 

Gosh guys - you're making me blush  :-)  Now where do I send the checks?  LOL

I presume that most folks that go with a larger diameter hose (on a 12v system) do so to extend their reach, ie it reduces friction loss.  There are at least two other things than can be done in a pinch to extend distance/reach:

• Un-spool ALL of your mix hose.  Yes all of it.  Place it in as straight of a line as possible.  By eliminating the coils while on the reel as well as any unnecessary bends, friction loss will be greatly reduced resulting in a longer reach.

• Make a longer spray wand.  A quick trip to your big box store and you've got another 4-6 ft of reach, easy.

As an aside, the connectors on the Kuri Tec ag hoses can be replaced at your local hydraulic shop.