Hydra Pressure Cleaning - Jupiter, Fl

My name is Joseph Anthony Gozzo with Hydra Chemical Roof and Pressure Cleaning. After 15 years in the financial industry, I decided to start my own pressure washing business in South Florida. I currently use 50% water and 50% chlorine along with gain dish soap and stuck up for roof wash formula, Can anyone give insight into the best formula for roof washing and exterior house cleaning? I appreciate all you knowledge and assistance.

not enough info buddy what kind of equipment are you using and how are you delivering the product to the roof. Feel free to give me a call anytime more than happy to be helpfull. this is a great place for information go in the archives check out different formulations for different roof types and the answers are there. Best advice I can give read read and read some more.

My name is Joseph Anthony Gozzo with Hydra Chemical Roof and Pressure Cleaning. After 15 years in the financial industry, I decided to start my own pressure washing business in South Florida. I currently use 50% water and 50% chlorine along with gain dish soap and stuck up for roof wash formula, Can anyone give insight into the best formula for roof washing and exterior house cleaning? I appreciate all you knowledge and assistance.

A 50/50 mix is much too strong Joseph for any shingle roof, and we only use a 50/50 mix on the worst tile roofs! 

A 50/50 mix is much too strong Joseph for any shingle roof, and we only use a 50/50 mix on the worst tile roofs! 

I disagree Chris,  50/50 mix is required in some areas.  I live in one of them.  I have tried 30% mix on a lot of asphalt shingle roofs and it is just not enough here.  Going over areas 3-5 times, algae doesn't completely lift off and rinse away, moss is hard to knock off and time is wasted.   (yes i mix with Fresh just made 12.5% SH).  I order a batch to be made a day or 2 before pick up, so that isn't the issue.  

I clean all roof surfaces (excluding cedar, of course) with a 50% mix.  Tile and Asphalt shingles.  Thank god we have gutters, otherwise I don't know what i would do.

Siding we clean at 1.5 - 2% mix.  1% is OK if surface being cleaned is no more then 510 for algae and dirt. 

Just thought i would throw that out there, being up in west coast Canada.

Happy New Year Everyone

my original question still stands what equipment are you using. I talked to a guy 2 weeks ago and he was using a 50:50 mix but he was down streaming????

my original question still stands what equipment are you using. I talked to a guy 2 weeks ago and he was using a 50:50 mix but he was down streaming????

how the heck do you downstream 6% SH LOL

I disagree Chris,  50/50 mix is required in some areas.  I live in one of them.  I have tried 30% mix on a lot of asphalt shingle roofs and it is just not enough here.  Going over areas 3-5 times, algae doesn't completely lift off and rinse away, moss is hard to knock off and time is wasted.   (yes i mix with Fresh just made 12.5% SH).  I order a batch to be made a day or 2 before pick up, so that isn't the issue.  

I clean all roof surfaces (excluding cedar, of course) with a 50% mix.  Tile and Asphalt shingles.  Thank god we have gutters, otherwise I don't know what i would do.

Siding we clean at 1.5 - 2% mix.  1% is OK if surface being cleaned is no more then 510 for algae and dirt. 

Just thought i would throw that out there, being up in west coast Canada.

Happy New Year Everyone

You guys have a different breed of Algae up there Richard, so you have to do, what you have to do.

We are pretty close to Richard and typically do a 33% mix during the summer and closer to 50 in the coldest time when cleaning is still feasible. We also rinse with a lot of volume which may make the difference. Heat plays a part in yiur mix strength. hotter it is, the more active the oxidization will be. Moss and lichens matter. Roof surface matters. You need to play with your mix to see what is best for you.

Planning on building a dedicated roof rig. Down streaming for roof cleaning even thru a soft wash setup is just not that efficient plus your overspray control SUCKS and you will rapidly kill the equipment (injector, hoses, gun, etc) as it just isn't designed for that strong a mix. You want to clean roofs, not replace landscaping. There is a very good reason roof cleaners use the equipment we use.

Pressure/Power washing. High Pressure 2500-4000PSI. Low SH 1-2%. Concrete/hard scape. HELL no on roofs.

Soft Washing. Medium pressure 300-800 PSI. Low SH 1-2%. Building siding, too high for roofing material.

Roof Cleaning. Low pressure under 100 PSI. High SH 3.5-6.25% ....roofs.

You're right Chris we do.  Even driving more west towards Vancouver the algae and moss look different.  Our tile roofs are a nightmare to clean, and that's doing it the right way.  Out on Vancouver island jungles grow on roofs haha