We have had this air compressor for nearly a month now, and I just wanted to report that the air output seems to have increased, as it has broken in.

It has started every time, with just one pull, and only cost us 499.00 brand new !

Everything on HF is no name stuff with such cheap prices I just don't trust them.

Nice, appreciate you keeping us updated. I bought the All-Flo pump today. I'm picking up a craigs deal on the compressor but if it goes before I pick it up then I'll probably get the HF compressor

My Son who cleans all the roofs for us really likes the Harbor Freight Air Compressor so far. So does Ryan Wilkins from Beacon Roof Cleaning here in Florida.

I agree, the older HF Compressors were shit, but these new ones seem to be a lot better.

Well based on Chris's recommendation I just purchased the harbor freight compressor. I was starting to have issues with the used rigid ac and replaced it this one from harbor freight. I just could not avoid the great price, let's hope it performs well enough until I am able to purchase a bigger compressor and pump.

Well based on Chris's recommendation I just purchased the harbor freight compressor. I was starting to have issues with the used rigid ac and replaced it this one from harbor freight. I just could not avoid the great price, let's hope it performs well enough until I am able to purchase a bigger compressor and pump.

Trust me Kelly, it takes a few weeks to "break in". Just letting it run will not hasten break in either, because the air pump needs to be under a load. I guess you could simply loosen an air valve on the tank slightly, to be sure the air pump runs a lot, if you want to speed up the break in a little ?

My Son noticed a big difference, after using it everyday for a few weeks, cleaning roofs.

Does the HF big one with 18.5 CFM give you enough power for your 1 inch pump?

Are you using 1/2 inch hose or 3/4?  Where do you get 3/4, I have not seen any.

Yes, but a larger air compressor is even better. You can never have too much air.

I use 5/8 hose, much better then 1/2 inch, not quite as good as 3/4, but easier to work with.

We use the big truck bed air compressor, and it has operated flawless  for nearly 3 years of near everyday use. 

Ive been thinking about getting one of these replacement pumps for my 5hp honda engine 9 gal contractor compressor. I do use an additional 11 gal air tank as a buffer. Specs show 17cfm@40psi and 15cfm@90 psi. To power my 1/2" Yamada. Should make it work just fine.

image_22623.jpg

It should work just fine