3LM Roof Cleaning

clay barrel tile

Thanks for the clarification Chris. We don't normally rinse as I believe neither do you. Can this bleeding stain asphalt or concrete driveway or sidewalk?

Yes, but only temporarily.  I have had red clay tile bleed all over an asphalt parking lot in a large Condo Complex we did. It looked pretty bad, until a few rains, then it all rinsed away.  

We cleaned a red concrete tile roof this week. It rained and there is now red stain on the patio. The homeowner said he tried a power washer on it but it is still stained. Does it really wash away after a few rains? How do we get it off?

If it was a clay tile roof, it will eventually rinse off, with the rain. We have never had to power wash it off before. 

First, welcome to the RCIA Forum!

Yes, it is almost guaranteed to bleed, and the more it bleeds, the better it will look, when it is done bleeding. 2 things discolor a clay tile roof, the black algae, and the old, oxidized clay, that makes the roof look overly dull. You can't "screw around" with a clay tile roof, by using weak solutions on them, or you will end up with a roof free of the black stuff, that will still look bad, because you failed to remove the old, oxidized clay!

Since we do not use any pressure to remove the old oxidized layer of clay, we must be sure to apply the chemical strong enough to do the job! 

Clay Tile Roofs are one of the very few times we go up to a 50/50 roof cleaning mix, and with plenty of soap! 

Be sure and inform your customer that the roof will bleed for a few rains! 

do what Chris said I listened and love to get tile roofs big money easy work