Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

What Roof Cleaning Pump Are You Using ?

Well I just ordered the 5800 1/2" Kuri Tec Kit from Bob and did the pump in a box so I should be cleaning roofs by Monday! I plan to start on my own house since I have moss and black streaks so it should be a good trial run before using it at a customers house.

Nate, if you have a questions give me a call. I may be able to stop by sometime a talk. Unless it is nice out. Doing 2-3 jobs a day when the weather is good. 

Guest A to Z Roof Cleaning

Nate that system should do very well for you.

Chris,

Lke Zach I started with a 5850 and I'm still using it. The FATBOY is a good pump, also. If things continue at the present pace I'll have one before the end of the year.

Hank

I am sticking with 12 volt for the foreseeable future! We also mainly use our reel for storage.

Since the Bombings in Boston, I hear you can only buy Gasoline to put into Cars. So, you have no choice but to use a 12 volt roof cleaning pump.

Guest A to Z Roof Cleaning

I'm still on my way home but that's news to me. They would have to confiscate a lot of siphons lol

Hey guys, i have been looking to start softwash business here in Southwest Virginia. i have most equipment ,250 gallon tank . air compressor , generator, ect. i need input on best air pump to purchase. i am new to all of this, but would like to put together a great setup . Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys, i have been looking to start softwash business here in Southwest Virginia. i have most equipment ,250 gallon tank . air compressor , generator, ect. i need input on best air pump to purchase. i am new to all of this, but would like to put together a great setup . Any help will be greatly appreciated.

what size air compressor ?

try this. It will be a good choice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aro-1-2-034-Air-Diaphragm-Pump-AODD-PD05P-ARSPAA-B-New-/141164370383?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

You guys are BOTH in Grand Rapids, and this is a GOOD thing! It "legitimizes" Non Pressure Roof Cleaning, in the eyes of the customers! 

As long as you guys work together, it can be great for both of you.

I agree with working together... raises the price points and keeps OUR market stable... I wish all people thought like this... !!!

Cut throat tactics never work... stick together seperately and keep raising the bar and everyone wins... !!!

We are currently using Yamada 1/2 Inch Kynar Air Diapraghm Pumps with the optional Viton Diapraghms instead of the teflon.

We feel Viton lasts longer then teflon, and it also sprays a little better.

We use larger air compressors with 18 cfm.

What roof cleaning pumps are you using right now ?

I am new to the forum and somewhat new to roof cleaning. I have been doing only Tile roofs in Sarasota for about 6 months now. I have been walking the roofs and using a FB2. I placed a post last week where I asked about walking the roof versus doing it from a ladder. Many commented that most of the roof can be done from ladders. My concern is that if I have to get on the roof to do the parts that are not reachable (lets say the slopes behind the pool cage), why not just do the whole thing from the roof?

The second thought is that if I am going to be on the roof anyway to do the part I could not reach from the ladder, does it really matter if I am able to shoot 25 feet versus 40 feet. I'd rather just take a few steps and not have to deal with a gas motor that drives a piston to create air that is finally used to drive the diaphram pump (seems like a lot of contraption just to spray chemical). 

I took my FB2 apart today and the diaphragm appears to have gotten stiff. I found a place that sells replacement upper and lower for about $70.00 + $15.00 shipping, but for all the hassle, I might just go with a new pump for aprox $180.00.

I have been buying the Hang Tite to add to my mix, but last week I almost slipped even though the algae had been cleaned where I was stepping. I concluded the same thing as Apple, that the surfactant  was the issue. Maybe I will try just the SH and the TSP. Isn't the TSP pretty nasty stuff from a health standpoint? I know HD doesn't sell it anymore, but my local lowes store has the bigger box or $10.00. Maybe I should swap out the soap for the TSP? 

Air pump setups are not contraptions,..they are a well "oiled" machine when set up properly. Some people like them, and  some feel as you do,.that it's too much "going on" to simply apply a liquid to a roof. But they are also very reliable and that extra spray  distance may be the difference between slipping on a a roof,..or spraying from the the relative safety of a ladder. Me,..I like the reliability factor over the distance factor.

Many guys do spray roofs mostly by walking,..they claim it uses less chemical. So a 12V would suit as far as distance goes if you're walking. 

SH is VERY slippery itself, so using a different surfactant on a tile roof probably isn't gonna make a huge difference. 

Jeff

They are not complicated at all. Your over analyzing it.  What is complicated is constantly having to replace a 12 volt pump that can't handle one of the harshest chemicals on earth. Or keeping the pump cool enough and a battery hot enough.  I simply put gas in now and pull the cord and off I go. Literally.  Bye!  See you guys later. Before that I was always fiddling with something and unable to walk away.  Thats why i changed to Air. And it has changed my life.  Not for distance at all since we walk every roof. We are painters too so its no big deal to us. We got to walk them to paint them anyway.