crappiecrazed

I been gone a while. Figured id check in!

Hello all, Sorry I been gone so long!  I know this unit was for sale before.  Wound up having it sold and just when it was supposed to be delivered the fella backed out.  trailer sat for a month and I told my wife hell with it.  Im going to do some advertising and try and tackle this business full force since the profit margins were so much better than the landscape business.  Welp, roof cleaning has not been something that many are interested in (man I have Tried so hard to push it and there are TONS of dirty roofs in my area and I do just a few a week!).  As for house washing and gutter face cleaning it has been non stop!  Ive done very well so I decided to wrap the ole hot and mighty rig to take through our local fair parade (little state fair).  To say that the wrap has gotten me tons of business would be an understatement!  Ive been taking it up and parking the truck and trailer at the mall and the calls have been nonstop.  Anyways, I will be in to check in more often just been very busy (had my first baby girl in may and shes been keeping my free time very busy!)....  Anyways fellas enjoy the trailer pics.  The unit has really been outstanding for all my needs.  I still have only used the hot water option a few times on farm machinery but man it works great on greasy nasty tractors and combines!

post-1905-0-18072100-1412038285_thumb.jp

post-1905-0-77677700-1412038311_thumb.jp

Hello all, Sorry I been gone so long!  I know this unit was for sale before.  Wound up having it sold and just when it was supposed to be delivered the fella backed out.  trailer sat for a month and I told my wife hell with it.  Im going to do some advertising and try and tackle this business full force since the profit margins were so much better than the landscape business.  Welp, roof cleaning has not been something that many are interested in (man I have Tried so hard to push it and there are TONS of dirty roofs in my area and I do just a few a week!).  As for house washing and gutter face cleaning it has been non stop!  Ive done very well so I decided to wrap the ole hot and mighty rig to take through our local fair parade (little state fair).  To say that the wrap has gotten me tons of business would be an understatement!  Ive been taking it up and parking the truck and trailer at the mall and the calls have been nonstop.  Anyways, I will be in to check in more often just been very busy (had my first baby girl in may and shes been keeping my free time very busy!)....  Anyways fellas enjoy the trailer pics.  The unit has really been outstanding for all my needs.  I still have only used the hot water option a few times on farm machinery but man it works great on greasy nasty tractors and combines!

Hang in there Robin, the roof cleaning will come along. There are tons of dirty roofs up there, you may consider free demonstrations ?

Great to have you back!! That is a GREAT looking trailer. Very professional and eye catching.

Good luck and if you need anything, call me,

Thanks guys.  Yeah chris I do in fact offer free demonstrations.  Honestly im pricing my roof cleanings cheap to get the work just to get some word going that Im out there.  Ive done a radio commercial that sounded GREAT!  I have my cards and tri-folds up at every grocery store.  I have signs (towns keep taking them) In every small town around me.  The truck and trailer which has been getting me CRAZY AMOUNTS of house washing and gutter work.   I also give every customer that gets a house washing or roof cleaning a $25 finder fee if I get a job off there word.  Honestly the truck and trailer has been the ticket.  Even over word of mouth AND I FIGURE that is because I live in a rural area.  Today I did 2 house washes.  Both of these homes were back off the road with no neighbors.  This is mostly farm land in my area with hardly any "neighborhoods".......  That is why I have a hard time doing a roof or house and getting a bunch of the neighbors.  A lot of "neighbors" may be 1/4 - 1/2 mile down the road in some situations.  Just have to get the word out there is all I feel.  It may take a few more years but ppl eventually are going to know that I am the guy running around in that truck and trailer that washes houses and cleans roofs.  I hate to do it but Ive been taking my truck and trailer everywhere even if im not working because ppl see me....................  that's how a lot of my work is coming in.  Sucks getting 8-9 mpg hauling the trailer around but hey its getting me work so it is what it is!!!    

Thanks guys.  Yeah chris I do in fact offer free demonstrations.  Honestly im pricing my roof cleanings cheap to get the work just to get some word going that Im out there.  Ive done a radio commercial that sounded GREAT!  I have my cards and tri-folds up at every grocery store.  I have signs (towns keep taking them) In every small town around me.  The truck and trailer which has been getting me CRAZY AMOUNTS of house washing and gutter work.   I also give every customer that gets a house washing or roof cleaning a $25 finder fee if I get a job off there word.  Honestly the truck and trailer has been the ticket.  Even over word of mouth AND I FIGURE that is because I live in a rural area.  Today I did 2 house washes.  Both of these homes were back off the road with no neighbors.  This is mostly farm land in my area with hardly any "neighborhoods".......  That is why I have a hard time doing a roof or house and getting a bunch of the neighbors.  A lot of "neighbors" may be 1/4 - 1/2 mile down the road in some situations.  Just have to get the word out there is all I feel.  It may take a few more years but ppl eventually are going to know that I am the guy running around in that truck and trailer that washes houses and cleans roofs.  I hate to do it but Ive been taking my truck and trailer everywhere even if im not working because ppl see me....................  that's how a lot of my work is coming in.  Sucks getting 8-9 mpg hauling the trailer around but hey its getting me work so it is what it is!!!    

Robin, businesses develop in weird ways sometime. Hell, clean the heck out of those houses and gutters, until the big payday comes, cleaning roofs in your area.

Have you tried to make connections with the local roofers or real estate agents? Roofers will know the value of roof cleaning as it is something that they are aware of in their industry...and Real Estate agents only need to be told that a roof cleaning adds major curb appeal to a house when they market it. Nearly every real estate agency has a weekly sales meeting and they often welcome vendors in to make presentations. Bring some really good before and afters or even offer to do a small listing that will be on caravan for them to look at. You can also scour Redfin.com for the higher ticket homes listed in your area. When you see a high dollar listing with a filthy roof, contact the listing agent and edjumakate them. 

Insurance agencies are another good source as insurance companies are now starting to demand roof cleaning and most of the time the agents have no idea where to send people. Property management companies are another good potential source of business...but often they need education as well. 

Advertise more. Many people don't even think or realize a roof can be cleaned or the many benefits that come with it.

this is very true!!! many of our customers have said "" i didnt even know you could do that"".... same goes with our fence/deck restoration....