Roof Cleaning Contractors

Forum Traffic - Intresting

Facebook has hurt many Forums, there is no doubt about it.

Some Forums are but a shadow of their former selves, as far as post count goes, and total traffic.

I think the term Softwash is a poor choice to build your webpage around.

My research shows me that peoople are not searching for Softwash, they are searching for roof cleaning, and it's many variants, like roof cleaning toledo, or non ppressure roof cleaning in toledo ohio.

What is your thought on this Barry ?

As far as the UAMCC Forum goes, yes, it has shown a drastic decrease, hasn't it ?

Chris I use the word soft wash to hopefully try and separate myself from the average pressure washer. People usually dont get it. When the phone rings they usually say. Yea, I wuz looking fer someone to power warsh my house.

Roof cleaning is the more profitable part without a doubt but house washing fills in the gaps considerably.

Chris I use the word soft wash to hopefully try and separate myself from the average pressure washer. People usually dont get it. When the phone rings they usually say. Yea, I wuz looking fer someone to power wash my house.

Roof cleaning is the more profitable part without a doubt but house washing fills in the gaps considerably.

The word softwash can be used, as a description of what you do, once you have the customer on the phone, so when they say "Yea, I wuz looking fer someone to power wash my house.", you say "Sir, power washing can harm your house, we softwash it" , or something like that.

Thats pretty much what I do. The problem is the phone book! I ask a couple in their early 30's how they found me about roof cleaning. They said google. My generation does'nt use the phone book. Taught me something. The ones calling from the phone book are only concerened about cheapest price

Thats pretty much what I do. The problem is the phone book! I ask a couple in their early 30's how they found me about roof cleaning. They said google. My generation does'nt use the phone book. Taught me something. The ones calling from the phone book are only concerened about cheapest price

Here in Tampa, it is different Andy, cuz we have so many older, retired people down here. These folks do use the Yellow Pages, but we don't advertise there anymore, no need to.

I just checked Andy, and you are doing very well for a roof cleaning tuscaloosa al search, number 1 !

Plus, you are high on the first page for a roof cleaning birmingham al search, and the RCIA Forum Blog is showing up there!

Oops, that isn't you Andy, sorry about that.

Here in Tampa, it is different Andy, cuz we have so many older, retired people down here. These folks do use the Yellow Pages, but we don't advertise there anymore, no need to.

I just checked Andy, and you are doing very well for a roof cleaning tuscaloosa al search, number 1 !

Plus, you are high on the first page for a roof cleaning birmingham al search, and the RCIA Forum Blog is showing up there!

Oops, that isn't you Andy, sorry about that.

It should be me because you are correct. My web address used to be the same as business but changed it when I lost my site to roofcleaningalabama.com

When a perspective client calls we always ask how they heard about us. Most of them find us on the internet. We then ask what search phrase they used. Almost all of them used the search phrase "roof cleaning".

I hear you Dave! I get from 2 to as many as 10 calls a day for Tampa roof cleaning estimates, and never have I heard, "I want the soft wash" or "I want softwashing". They always say they want a roof cleaning estimate, or they want non pressure roof cleaning, or chemical roof cleaning, and never Softwashing! 

I don't understand this chart Barry, are we doing ok ?

It means that of the 10 forums....the RCIA has the top traffic.

(Keep in mind, this is not actual stats from the servers...this is based on search engine data...clicks/rank/keywords...Only the webmaster has access to the server stats).

It Means, as of the date of the snapshot.....if you had to depend on PPC (paid traffic) only, your costs would be $2,300 per month. Your monthly traffic is worth $2,300 in terms of Search Engine Marketing (SEM).

Why I find this interesting? Because I don't think there is a single forum, org or assn that has been mocked and member harvested (attempted) as much as RCIA.

For people reading this thread (Chris knows this and are still friends), keep in mind that I have disagreed with the RCIA cert process and many of the decisions. I say this because I'm honest and also because I live in the real world of figures and stats....not emotions. I didn't set out to do a forum smear on anyone. The truth is that I was doing SEO for a client which led me to measuring some metrics on his competitor. I noticed a huge difference domain authority between two popular forums and decided to do some analytics on all of them.

I don't have much of a dog in this fight anymore...web related revenue (design, SEO, SEM) has surpassed cleaning revenue and only a small percent of that is from roof cleaning/pressure washing companies. I don't even advertise my high end SEO services website in this niche...the global monthly searches are just too small to justify the fees...not to mention, I've pissed off a lot of people and don't need the grief of revenge reviews.

"Looks like the UAMCC shit in their hat somewhere around the beginning of 2012....Wasn't that about the time the new BOD took over?"

What the F? As in, spare me...

This is an example of why I've been divesting my services from this industry. Emotions, feelings and cliques don't generate revenue...traffic and conversions do. Why people in this industry go for the Billy Mays infomercial style leaders blows my mind.

The facts speak for themselves...you can deny them if you want.

Ted, If you have a Skype account, I'll give you 30 minutes of my time showing you some analytics of your market, your site and competitors, what your doing wrong and what you can do to change that...just to prove that data rules marketing...and to show you that I'm not taking your reply personally, it's (oddly) pretty typical in our industry.

I'll make you a believer :)

It means that of the 10 forums....the RCIA has the top traffic.

(Keep in mind, this is not actual stats from the servers...this is based on search engine data...clicks/rank/keywords...Only the webmaster has access to the server stats).

It Means, as of the date of the snapshot.....if you had to depend on PPC (paid traffic) only, your costs would be $2,300 per month. Your monthly traffic is worth $2,300 in terms of Search Engine Marketing (SEM).

Why I find this interesting? Because I don't think there is a single forum, org or assn that has been mocked and member harvested (attempted) as much as RCIA.

For people reading this thread (Chris knows this and are still friends), keep in mind that I have disagreed with the RCIA cert process and many of the decisions. I say this because I'm honest and also because I live in the real world of figures and stats....not emotions. I didn't set out to do a forum smear on anyone. The truth is that I was doing SEO for a client which led me to measuring some metrics on his competitor. I noticed a huge difference domain authority between two popular forums and decided to do some analytics on all of them.

I don't have much of a dog in this fight anymore...web related revenue (design, SEO, SEM) has surpassed cleaning revenue and only a small percent of that is from roof cleaning/pressure washing companies. I don't even advertise my high end SEO services website in this niche...the global monthly searches are just too small to justify the fees...not to mention, I've pissed off a lot of people and don't need the grief of revenge reviews.

You are correct about that Barry. 

We have been copied a lot too.

Barry, the UAMCC is not a roof cleaning forum.  So what was your purpose in slamming the BOD?  I don't get it.

I know you don't...which is why I offered to help you understand.

The images I posted were not related to a keyword...the traffic was based on their domain and their own keywords. Each domain was checked by itself, I made the comparison by making screen shots....not the software.

However....you are 100% wrong about the UAMCC and roof cleaning. They went hard after roof cleaners with a certification program in 2012. Even though the traffic reports are not keyword filtered, sorted or specific, it is a shared market and the UAMCC does have some of the same keywords in their report....they just rank too low to snag the traffic.

Their best keyword is "pressure washing certification" at #7 but it only has 30 global monthly searches. Their best traffic source is "pressure washing forum" which is 68% of their organic hits but at position #11, they don't get much from it. They only get 3% of their traffic from keywords with "roof" in the phrase.

I only mentioned the BOD change because the drop in traffic was coincidental to the cert launch and big blowup in early 2013. There were some other coincidental things but I'm not looking to start anything...just showing people where the traffic is going.

Why does search analytics get you so fired up? Knowledge is power!

I cut and pasted this from the search roof cleaning Tampa, and as you can see, people here in Tampa are searching for the Roof cleaning institute as much as they are searching for me!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Then, take a look at the HITS on some of our Blogs http://roofcleaninginstitute.org/index.php?/blogs/

I have had over 22,000 Hits on my Blog, Doug Rucker has had over 4,000, and Eric Seitz from A&E Roof Cleaning has had over 7000 Hits! 

I cut and pasted this from the search roof cleaning Tampa, and as you can see, people here in Tampa are searching for the Roof cleaning institute as much as they are searching for me!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Then, take a look at the HITS on some of our Blogs http://roofcleaninginstitute.org/index.php?/blogs/

I have had over 22,000 Hits on my Blog, Doug Rucker has had over 4,000, and Eric Seitz from A&E Roof Cleaning has had over 7000 Hits! 

This was pretty much my point in general....Whoever controls the click controls the profit. Out of fairness, I did not share the keywords of the sites, just the traffic load. However...to say it's interesting (what keywords are generating the traffic) would be an understatement.

I couldn't agree more. It ain't rocket science.

You are right about that Ted.

So many people make big mistakes, like buying 5000 directories for 35.00.

The LAST thing a website needs is to be added to 5,000 directories, especially today.

Google is looking really hard to catch anyone trying to manipulate web search results these days, and will penalize the heck out of you.