Dwelltech

Customer contact

I'm wondering how many of you guys out there use texting as a means of contact for your potential customers? Do you promote that on your vehicles and websites?

If so how has it worked for you and if not I'd like to hear those reasons as well.

I really don't because I can't see well enough to Text, LOL

But it is a good idea.

Hey, if you are into HiFi Audio stuff, you are in the right place Brother!

Myself and Kevin from Peak Of Perfection are hard code stereo nuts!

When leaving a message to set an appointment, I'll sometime mention 'please feel free to call or text at your convenience to confirm'. Some folks text their reply.  My website states 'call or text' for a quote, but 99.9% call.  Won't hurt to experiment as long as you leave options for the customers to choose from.

(RE hifi- HK AVR7000 receiver and Atlantic Technology THX certified speakers here.  No time to enjoy it like I use to though.)

I know what you mean about seeing these days Chris, I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes.

Here's a pic of some of my equipment. American Pro Tech I know what you mean about time to listen! This adult stuff is killing me!

(1954 Mcintosh MC 60s, Mcintosh MX110Z, 1970 K horns, 1950 Garrard 301 in custom maple plinth with dual t arms and bronze and ceramic mods, musical fidelity KW 550 and abbey road monitors etc... )

It's a sickness I know.

post-2184-0-71313300-1406416882_thumb.jp

When leaving a message to set an appointment, I'll sometime mention 'please feel free to call or text at your convenience to confirm'. Some folks text their reply.  My website states 'call or text' for a quote, but 99.9% call.  Won't hurt to experiment as long as you leave options for the customers to choose from.

(RE hifi- HK AVR7000 receiver and Atlantic Technology THX certified speakers here.  No time to enjoy it like I use to though.)

One of THE Best AV receivers ever, the HK 7000 !!!!!!!!!!!! 

I know what you mean about seeing these days Chris, I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes.

Here's a pic of some of my equipment. American Pro Tech I know what you mean about time to listen! This adult stuff is killing me!

(1954 Mcintosh MC 60s, Mcintosh MX110Z, 1970 K horns, 1950 Garrard 301 in custom maple plinth with dual t arms and bronze and ceramic mods, musical fidelity KW 550 and abbey road monitors etc... )

It's a sickness I know.

OMG! B&W801's !!!!!!!!!!!

I had the B&W Matrix 801's, series 2's, wish I would have kept them! 

The1970 Horns has the Type A Crossovers in them!  post-1-0-84212800-1406509290_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-83831000-1406509297_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-34558700-1406509305_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-65605200-1406509314_thumb.jpg

Text link on the website and yes, people DO use it!

Audio....current setup this week...

Klipsch RF83's,or,a modified pair of small horn monitors.,Hsu VTF15 Sub, pair of Emotiva Class A monoblocks, Mararantz surround preamp or a little Red Dot tube preamp. Just missed out on a pair of Watt/Puppies that was selling cheap...but tempted by a pair of LaScalas.

Chris has a long,storied (and dubious) history with the high end biz. If you think high end designers would be an...unusual bunch, you have NO idea! Me...I sold, made, designed, built and marketed high end audio and home theater systems for three decades. Anybody seriously into home theater...if you know JTR, I am responsible for Jeff developing and marketing a Home theater line and the first Subs he built were designed to my specs by Jeff working with Mark Seaton. Also the first dealer in the nation to have a full active Danley Labs surround system on display. Owned or sold most every name and not so name brand of hifi gear ever made at one point or another. I've been to six countries selling or being sold high end gear. Ate Haggis with the guys at Linn in Scotland and hung out with the guys at PMC.

I got out of the biz when the last bubble burst and I converted my 1000 sq foot, dedicated theater building into a 2 bedroom rental that brings in income.

And yes, audio...particularly vintage and high end audio....is unquestionably, undoubtedly a sickness. Fortunately, there is the winter.

I

It's a sickness I know.

Nice setup! But talk about a radical difference in efficiency! I like the older 801s better too. Had a set of the newer ones (Nautilus 801s) and no matter how much power I threw at them, all the way up to a pair of Theta Citadel monoblocks, I just could NOT get dynamics out of them. Pair of PMC AML-1 active monitors were more dynamic and 1/5 the size. Sold them off. Love to find a set of B&W 808s to play with.

The horns are setup with the M60s and the 801s are powered by the Musical fidelity KW550. Two completely different animals. Terry Dewick went through the 60s a couple years ago for me. I have a Klipsch fetish I think, Belles, Khorns, Hereseys,and RF 7s.

Probably sell the 801s soon.

Just sold a set of Tannoy 15 reds, actually traded for a truck!

Have bought and sold more than I'd ever want my wife to know about. Think I'm done for a bit ;)

The guy who made the curly maple plinth for me is in Washington state, it was made from logs pulled from the Columbia river.

Woodsong audio is his biz name. I like this mine audio forum!

Klipsch RF83's,or,a modified pair of small horn monitors.,Hsu VTF15 Sub, pair of Emotiva Class A monoblocks, Mararantz surround preamp or a little Red Dot tube preamp. Just missed out on a pair of Watt/Puppies that was selling cheap...but tempted by a pair of LaScalas.

Chris has a long,storied (and dubious) history with the high end biz. If you think high end designers would be an...unusual bunch, you have NO idea! Me...I sold, made, designed, built and marketed high end audio and home theater systems for three decades. Anybody seriously into home theater...if you know JTR, I am responsible for Jeff developing and marketing a Home theater line and the first Subs he built were designed to my specs by Jeff working with Mark Seaton. Also the first dealer in the nation to have a full active Danley Labs surround system on display. Owned or sold most every name and not so name brand of hifi gear ever made at one point or another. I've been to six countries selling or being sold high end gear. Ate Haggis with the guys at Linn in Scotland and hung out with the guys at PMC.

I got out of the biz when the last bubble burst and I converted my 1000 sq foot, dedicated theater building into a 2 bedroom rental that brings in income.

And yes, audio...particularly vintage and high end audio....is unquestionably, undoubtedly a sickness. Fortunately, there is the winter.

LOL, I am a "recovering audiophile" :) NOT !

In Seattle, there were 2 speaker outfits making KHorn Clones. One was SpeakerLab, and one was SpeakerFactory. Both were on University Way, and I have owned both, as well as 3 different pairs of Khorns. 

My current room is much wider then it is deep, and has very thin walls, not a good setup for corner horns.