christopher lagrasta

removing rust stains on shingles using f9

IVE BEEN RUNNING INTO ALOT OF RUST STAINS ON ROOFS.  IVE BEEN USING F9 WITH AMAZING RESULTS ....HOWEVER EVERY TIME I USE F9 I CAN SEE A NOTICABLE DIFFERENCE IN THE ROOFS.... LET ME EXPLAIN HOW I USE THE F9  1- I PREWET THE ROOF THEN USE A 50/50 MIX(SOMETIMES STRINGER)   THEN I WAIT A FEW MINUTES THEN SOAK THE ROOF.. I DIDNT THEN WASHTHE ENTIRE ROOF WITH ROOF MIX ONLY BECAUSE THE CUSTOMER ONLY WANTED THE RUST REMOVED.............DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I AM DOING WRONG OR DO THEY HAVE BETTER SOLUTIONS..  THANK U   

Weaken your mix...start off with 3 parts water to 1 part F9...pre wet, then apply, rinse, repeat as needed.  If you are going to clean the roof afterwards using SH then make sure you rinse rinse rinse and rinse some more.  You can't rinse enough before adding SH.  If you are not going to clean the encore roof then and the roof is dirty then you will have a clean spot amongst the dirtiness.  Just explain that to your customer and make sure they understand.

IVE BEEN RUNNING INTO ALOT OF RUST STAINS ON ROOFS.  IVE BEEN USING F9 WITH AMAZING RESULTS ....HOWEVER EVERY TIME I USE F9 I CAN SEE A NOTICABLE DIFFERENCE IN THE ROOFS.... LET ME EXPLAIN HOW I USE THE F9  1- I PREWET THE ROOF THEN USE A 50/50 MIX(SOMETIMES STRINGER)   THEN I WAIT A FEW MINUTES THEN SOAK THE ROOF.. I DIDNT THEN WASHTHE ENTIRE ROOF WITH ROOF MIX ONLY BECAUSE THE CUSTOMER ONLY WANTED THE RUST REMOVED.............DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I AM DOING WRONG OR DO THEY HAVE BETTER SOLUTIONS..  THANK U   

I have invited this Craig Harrison guy to the forum on several occassions, and each time he says he will come, but never does! 

Do you guys charge extra to remove rust spots or just include it with the general roof cleaning?

OH, we absolutely charge extra to remove rust, but we don't see it all that much, here in Florida.

We have been cleaning roofs before stuff like F9 was even around. We simply used acid.

post-1851-0-17296000-1403146364_thumb.jppost-1851-0-90438200-1403146322_thumb.jp I wanted to use F9 Barc over oxalic because it is dependable, easy and it works very well. This was my first rust removal job. The rust was on glass,metal and shingles. I have oxalic but I knew F9 would do the job and I could get all the advice I needed to do this or any other job very easily.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg I wanted to use F9 Barc over oxalic because it is dependable, easy and it works very well. This was my first rust removal job. The rust was on glass,metal and shingles. I have oxalic but I knew F9 would do the job and I could get all the advice I needed to do this or any other job very easily.

Now that Andy is sure worth something, that's for sure. 

You can see the tools in the back ground A pump sprayer and a water hose. The screen on the window cleaned up nicely also. Without all the positive results about the F9 Barc I would not have even bid this job. Its not like removing rust off a foundation. This is a bedroom window.

You can see the tools in the back ground A pump sprayer and a water hose. The screen on the window cleaned up nicely also. Without all the positive results about the F9 Barc I would not have even bid this job. Its not like removing rust off a foundation. This is a bedroom window.

Craig Harrison from F9 is very good at providing idiot proof instructions, for all his applicators. 

He has a website for his applicators who buy a case of his product that provides an awesome backlink for your web site juice.

The link from that website alone is more then worth the cost of buying a case of his F9 BARC Product.

Not to mention the very real possibility of getting some rust removal work off of it! 

I have invited him here, to answer questions about his products (and promote for free), but he always seems to have some lame "excuse" not to come.

He promotes the shit out of his products almost everywhere else, except here, on the number one roof cleaning forum on the Planet.