ReNew Roof & Exterior cleaning

insurance classification

I don't understand myself. Perhaps in the insurance industry there is no such category as "roof cleaning" so they just lump it in with carpet cleaning. In addition to classification 91405 "carpet cleaning" my policy includes classification 91581 "construction, reconstruction, erection or repair".

That has been something going on for years with some insurance agencies. I changed my insurance sometime back to a company out of Iowa that covers "all" exterior cleaning. I pay 97.00 a month for great coverage.

Not sure what carpet cleaning has to do with roof cleaning? Wouldn't want a liability claim coming up and have to defend such in a court!

The real issue is any time you have to word "roof" in anything the rates go up i.e. insurance, workman's comp. etc. Workman's comp in Iowa for roof cleaning is $23.00 on a hundred.

That is why I have my insurance and all under exterior cleaning. Food for thought.

That has been something going on for years with some insurance agencies. I changed my insurance sometime back to a company out of Iowa that covers "all" exterior cleaning. I pay 97.00 a month for great coverage.

Not sure what carpet cleaning has to do with roof cleaning? Wouldn't want a liability claim coming up and have to defend such in a court!

The real issue is any time you have to word "roof" in anything the rates go up i.e. insurance, workman's comp. etc. Workman's comp in Iowa for roof cleaning is $23.00 on a hundred.

That is why I have my insurance and all under exterior cleaning. Food for thought.

Yep, once you mention the word ROOF, you are screwed for workers comp, here in Florida. 

Bruce, who is your agent...I might give them a call for a quote. I currently use Joseph Walters but I'm interested in shopping around. 

According to my agent Sarah Parker of Joseph Walters, I am covered from the roof top down to the grass. I will stick with them.

Gene,

To save me from having to call JW, can you point to the specific language in the policy that states you/we are covered from roof top down?

I called JW and this is how she explained it to me. First of all the "General Liability insurance policy" is actually drafted and originated by the national insurance regulator not the individual insurance companies. The General Liability insurance is universal. Each individual insurance company has the liberty to tailor it by adding inclusions and exclusions to the universal General Liability policy. If the policy tailored by the individual insurance company does not exclude "roof cleaning" then is it covered.

Concerning the confusion over "carpet cleaning"... This is used to assign a dollar rate to the policy, not to limit the policy to cover only carpet cleaning. The insurance company can choose to use a different category, such as roof installation, to assign a dollar rate to the policy. JW feels that cleaning a roof is less risky than installing a roof so he assigned "carpet cleaning" which results in a less expensive policy. The higher the risk of injury or damage the higher the cost of the policy. I hope this helps.