So I did a couple of test patches on this wall. I tried the Grez-off and the soot came off well with a little scrubbing with paper towels. It immediately loosened the soot and started to drip off. I also tried the 50/50 SH mix and that worked well also. I think I will go with the Grez-off because it says its biodegradable. There are soffits to clean and I don't want SH dripping on me. This job will provide company lettering for my truck.

Sweet! Good way to operate when you first start with the basics....use the capital from the jobs you bring in to do the advertising, equipment upgrades, etc. Do the capital investment at the beginning so you have better gear for higher productivity from early on.

As for the soffits....always choose the right chem for the job. If they are sooty, degreaser. If they are dirty with algae, house SH mix (which is lighter than a roof mix) or the Algae will return rapidly. Organics need to be killed, dirt and oils need to be emulsified.

The location for this job is a local Auto graphics business, he pretty much does all vehicles in the area so it will be an even trade, cleaning for graphics.

There is any algae on the siding or soffits (all vinyl) Just on the cement foundation. I sprayed a patch on the cement algae to show him what it does. So I will spray the foundation after I clean his wall and his buddy will powerwash the foundation afterwards so he can paint it. A powerwasher will be my next big purchace.

I was also thinking of using swiffer pads on a pole to wipe down the vinyl. Im sure I will have to wipe everything down with paper towels also.

Chris, I used a product called Grez-off made by Spray Nine. We applied it with a spray bottle and scrubbed with paint pads. This was vinyl siding and the paint pads with all those little hairs got down into the low spots really well. After scrubbing, hosed off with water.

Please post a link to it, so I can see what's in it ?

I've been looking around at different cleaners/degreasers and have found some with these ingredients and some that also include Lauramine Oxide.

Gene, you might want to try some of your stuff in the roof cleaning mix. There are several US Patents that talk about Butyl added to the SH.

What are these combinations of Butyl and SH used for? Should we not use degreasers on a petroleum based shingle?

That would be my concern as well. Looks like METSO is okay, but Butyl is pretty harsh from my understanding. Might be Good for metal roofs though.