Rj Mac

Copper Sulfate Roof Treatment

As an aside, it's not too cool to just grab another company's picture off of the web and portray it as your own without asking.

http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/American-ProTech.-.Northern.Virginias.leading.roof.cleaning.company..571-250-9650/picture/view/2871841

No it's not, and I am quite sure had he asked you, you would have probably let him, considering you help out so many people Ted.

Sometimes, web site maker guys do this, when making web sites for people, but still, ultimate responsibility must fall with the web sites owner! 

No it's not, and I am quite sure had he asked you, you would have probably let him, considering you help out so many people Ted.

Sometimes, web site maker guys do this, when making web sites for people, but still, ultimate responsibility must fall with the web sites owner! 

Chris - you know me quit well ;-)  Of course I would have said OK.  Heck, our before and after pics are flying on the side of box trucks in PA.  I was pleased to give them away since they were kind enough to have reached out and asked.

Chris - you know me quit well ;-)  Of course I would have said OK.  Heck, our before and after pics are flying on the side of box trucks in PA.  I was pleased to give them away since they were kind enough to have reached out and asked.

You are awesome Ted, so good at what you do, and so successful at it, you could be a snob, but you will help anyone who asks for it.

But it is one thing to take a picture, and another to say you are RCIA Certified, when you are not. 

I have had several people near where RJ is at tell me how hard it is to compete with out being RCIA Certified.

The RCIA is well represented with certified roof cleaners in NC.

But it is always best to do things right

Thanks for the kind words Chris.  You got us off to a great start, and frankly, I've worked my ass off to get us here, and to keep us here.  12 HR days 6 days a week are the norm.  But I won't need to do this much longer  :-)

I have a proposal for you and Mr. RJ to consider:

• I give RJ permission to use that picture of mine on his web site. (Newbies that see this - ask first.....)
  • I request that RJ change the RCIA certified logo with a standard RCA logo on his website until such time that he is certified.
  • Presuming the changes to his website are made, I  then request Chris or Gary to delete this thread, and lets give RJ a mulligan.  A fresh start.

Thoughts?

Ted,

My apologies, the picture was pulled from google, I will consult with my "webmaster" asap. We did pull stock pictures because we do not have many of our own at this point, but we are working 7 Days a week to make Ram Hydro Solutions, the first name in Roof Cleaning in Winston-Salem, NC. I did get the RCIA logo, but did not realize that there was 2 different ones. I will inquire a little closer on how to become certified. Chris I also apologize to you about this oversight, I will also have the logo changed.

Ted,

My apologies, the picture was pulled from google, I will consult with my "webmaster" asap. We did pull stock pictures because we do not have many of our own at this point, but we are working 7 Days a week to make Ram Hydro Solutions, the first name in Roof Cleaning in Winston-Salem, NC. I did get the RCIA logo, but did not realize that there was 2 different ones. I will inquire a little closer on how to become certified. Chris I also apologize to you about this oversight, I will also have the logo changed.

You're a stand up guy RJ, thanks.  Chris or Gary, if you're in agreement, how' bout zapping this thread?

Ted,

You are awesome RJ, and like my friend Ted says, a stand up guy! 

It is a soluble salt, so once it rains, it washes down. I would doubt it has any real long term staying power. The SH treatment lasts a fairly long time since it completely and thoroughly kills the GM. We have some jobs we did four years ago that are still free of growth. I tell the clients we will return in 4 years for a maintenance spray. Are you doing it as a secondary preventative or a primary treatment? As a primary treatment, not sure how effective Copper sulfate is on GM, never tried it. I don't think it will remove the GM staining like SH does.

Copper salts are really reactive with metal,so your steel, zinc and any cast iron is in peril. Unlike the salts in SH, the action is more highly galvanic. Unlike the chlorine component in SH which flashes off reverting back to the salt water from whence it came, the copper stays put. Any steel gutters, zinc flashings or any cast iron vent stacks will start to corrode with contact. It will do a serious number on any metal it gets on in your spray rig just like SH. 316 Stainless for any metal in the firect fluid stream at a minimum, and keep the spray the heck off your truck! Do not get it up under the shingles or it can take out the nails.

Also, while the occasional exposure is fine, long term regular exposure seems to be questionable. Like SH, it can do a serious number on foliage. If you were using it as a primary treatment, then a solid PPE program needs to be in place. Same thing with Zinc Sulfate. Just as you need a good PPE program for SH, but the difference is that copper is a metal which could build up in your system. What the long term effects of that would be...no idea.