Couple things I see from the pics I want to share...

1. Are you going to have a short piece of hose to transfer product from chem tank to mix tank?

2. Ball valves are nice but trailer will bounce and vibrate possibly creating leaks. Not to mention sh will eat the seals in tank bulkheads. Why not use a piece of hose with a mesh filter on it, put a 2' piece of pvc pipe on it and use it as a drop stick? So much simpler I think.

3. Bare plywood. No paint or deck coating or sealer?

4. Coiling 200' of hose that tight every time will get old fast. But dont waste money on reel. I modified a plastic garden hose reel to work with my hose. Just unwind hose first then connect to my plastic 90 degree swivel. When finished I disconnect and reel up. Could also use ladder rack to wrap around.

Thanks for sharing Mr Clean.

In reverse: I'm thinking of getting a universal truck rack and mounting it on the trailer racks, just need to make sure it will be tall enough for ladders to clear the truck tailgate and to coil the hose on it if I dont use a reel. The space where the hose is was designed to utilize a hose reel.

The wood deck is coated with Rust-oleum Deck Restore. Im not sure how well it will hold up, I guess I will find out.

I want simplicity, I think the ball valves will work well. They are right next to each other and easy to turn and not mix up which is which. I dont really want to deal with a drop stick and get SH all over the place especially if Im rushing around.

I plan on getting a transfer pump but not really sure which direction I will go with a setup when I transfer chems. I'm just starting out and I dont expect to clean many roofs in the beginning.. If I do then things can change rather quickly, depending on funds. 

The trailer is already too small and I havent used it yet although I can carry things in my truck.

Thanks for the input.

Gene

Just run what you have built it will work for now. Over time you will see things you want to change. Keep a log of all the changes you want to make and order the parts ahead of time so when you have a down day you can make the changes quickly. We all learned from our mistakes and I'm no different, and I made a lot of changes over the years and they all came from the failures in the field. Get the build done and get out and make some money. Build your set up to work for you because my set up works for me but won't work for someone else. Call me if you need some help I can help you because I have made a ton of mistakes.

Its all in my head Brian. I already know what I want to do next because it's what I wanted to do in the 1st place. I just have to see what kind of demand is up here. I will run what I have for now. I like the trailer but I want one with duel axles with breaks, the funds just werent there at the start. Mistakes are ok as long as I dont make the same mistakes twice.

Lots of hills here.

Got a pretty decent price on SH for up here, 2.25 a gal. Not alot of pools and towns are spread out and not every town has town sewer. Lots of septic tanks and not many water treatment plants.

I need to change my pump setup whereas I want to put rubber cushions on the top and bottom of the mounting feet. I read a post where Chris said Kynar is strong, but brittle. I dont want to break the feet and have to strap it down. I work at a plastic molding plant on the weekends and we dont use kynar but we do use glass filled polycarbonate. Its very strong and probably very similar to kynar and it can break. I just want to be careful with the pump on the trailer.

Thanks Brian .

Its all in my head Brian. I already know what I want to do next because it's what I wanted to do in the 1st place. I just have to see what kind of demand is up here. I will run what I have for now. I like the trailer but I want one with duel axles with breaks, the funds just werent there at the start. Mistakes are ok as long as I dont make the same mistakes twice.

Lots of hills here.

Got a pretty decent price on SH for up here, 2.25 a gal. Not alot of pools and towns are spread out and not every town has town sewer. Lots of septic tanks and not many water treatment plants.

I need to change my pump setup whereas I want to put rubber cushions on the top and bottom of the mounting feet. I read a post where Chris said Kynar is strong, but brittle. I dont want to break the feet and have to strap it down. I work at a plastic molding plant on the weekends and we dont use kynar but we do use glass filled polycarbonate. Its very strong and probably very similar to kynar and it can break. I just want to be careful with the pump on the trailer.

Thanks Brian .

Flatbeds and Trailer floors can actually flex, and crack the pump legs, if rubber grommets are not installed between the floor and the pump mounting legs.

I used a piece of rubber floor mat from the home center under the pump to act as a shock absorber for mine and didn't crank too hard on the bolts

I was thinking of using medium duty springs above and below

the feet. I thought otherwise after feeling how stiff

the 1" braided hose was.

I don't want TOO much movement

with the pump and break

the fittings. So I will just

go with grommets.

I used a piece of rubber floor mat from the home center under the pump to act as a shock absorber for mine and didn't crank too hard on the bolts

That should be fine Gene, just remember, it is all too easy to crack plastic, so don't tighten too tight.

If I re-plumb and move my 1" liquid tubing lines I might be able to fit one in. Next season if things go well, (which I am hopeful) I will building a larger trailer set up with a larger compressor and pump and tanks. I have a slate roof to clean this weekend and after that I will be replacing my 35 gal tank with another 60 gal tank.