PeakOfPerfection

Chem Handling

Do you have Chem gloves onboard? If not, get some. Chem burns are possible when dumping 12.5% into your tank. It is required by law. Goggles as well since getting straight 12.5 in your eye is pretty much the ultimate in pain. We all spray the heck out of SH, and handled right it is very safe. But familiarity breeds carelessness and we often forget that when used and handled improperly, as with any substance, it can do harm. Handle it with care and you will save yourself and your employees a lot of pain. Keep a first aid kit onboard and your fresh water tank full...it is good for washing down anything that spills on you or the truck. 

Do you have Chem gloves onboard? If not, get some. Chem burns are possible when dumping 12.5% into your tank. It is required by law. Goggles as well since getting straight 12.5 in your eye is pretty much the ultimate in pain. We all spray the heck out of SH, and handled right it is very safe. But familiarity breeds carelessness and we often forget that when used and handled improperly, as with any substance, it can do harm. Handle it with care and you will save yourself and your employees a lot of pain. Keep a first aid kit onboard and your fresh water tank full...it is good for washing down anything that spills on you or the truck. 

I always kept a visine bottle full of distilled water on me, when cleaning roofs, just in case it got in my eyes.