If it is Apache Power Industrial, looks like they are a distribution company and the units they are selling look Chinese built.  If I was to go Chinese to save some $$ and there was one close to me... I would go Harbor Freight and get the replacement warranty. They stand behind the warranty with a replacement unit in store. Not to say Apache isn't legit...looks like they say they have service available...but if it is the same company, they are in Texas and want you to send it to them for repair...to whit: If you have filed a warranty claim, Apache's Service and Warranty Dept. may request you send your warranted Apache equipment to our head office. This will be initially shipped at Apache's expense.

I guess I would look at the price. If it is a Craigslist ad...new...a lot of guys sign up as "dealers" and sell the units, but offer no support. If it is used and cheap enough...what the heck, I might take a flyer, but have a backup plan in place. 

It is Apache Power Industrial. And they sell only 1 air compressor?  http://www.apachepowerindustrial.com/category/air-compressor

That looks like a decent air compressor, for the price, but recoils break, and shit happens, what about parts to fix it ?

Here you go. Rigid, $325. Concorde. 

http://nh.craigslist.org/tls/4407000099.html

Better yet, Jenny with a Honda Motor for $475. Jenny makes decent units, they are legit. Peterborough. That model is legitimately on Amazon brand new for $1400. 

http://nh.craigslist.org/tls/4365330994.html

Check the HP on them to make sure they move enough air for what you plan to run. You have somewhat of a target rich environment for cheap Gas Compressors compared to Bellingham. The only issue buying a smaller used one is that they are sometimes run hard and put away wet. Make sure they have taken decent care of it...check the oil as a good start to see if it is filthy...or there at all. Open the tank drain and if rusty water comes pouring out...walk away smiling. 

Thanks for the leads Peak. Yes I have been bitten by the air pump bug. I have a lot of experience with them as I spent 18 years in the commercial vinyl wall covering business (yes PVC and also POA=Polyolafin Alloy) We used the air pumps to circulate printing ink through the ink pans. 

I plan on buying one of those compressors from craigslist if they are good.

He needs one of you 1 inch air pumps Kevin!

Well, everybody needs a big air pump, that goes without saying. But you need a good sized compressor to run them too and...um...somehow I think the Apache is gonna be a bit undersized.

Well, everybody needs a big air pump, that goes without saying. But you need a good sized compressor to run them too and...um...somehow I think the Apache is gonna be a bit undersized.

Negative my friend, a 1 inch pump will run just fine on that compressor, and have as much or more flow as a smaller pump will, and more reliability.

CFM equals Flow, so to get the 50 GPM that pump of yours  is capable of, you will need around 28 CFM

However, even down as far as 8 CFM, it will still have plenty of flow.

True...I misspoke. What I meant is that yes, it will run. And yes, it will give you the same flow as a smaller pump on a small compressor (but still a LOT more than an Electric). Actually maybe more as the bigger pumps require less air pressure and CFM for a given flow with given head distance due to their efficiency. So, at height thru a long hose, the 1" pump may deliver slightly more more flow with a smaller compressor than a 3/8" or 1/2" pump at the same pressure and CFM. And yes...it would be barely cruising along so reliability would improve. However, to take real advantage of the higher flows and longer range a 1" pump has....which are two of the biggest advantages of having a bigger pump...you want higher CFM. That is where a bigger compressor really comes into play. One can certainly start out with a small compressor and a big pump and upgrade when cash flow allows...or a good deal comes along. It is a good cheap way to build into an uber cleaning system.

Just picked up a Ridgid air compressor and we will be starting out with an air setup. Sooo----For Sale, Pressure Tek-5850-101E pump, set up as a pump in a box put together at Pressure Tek. Flo-Jet accumulator still in box. With all fittings that came with it. All still in the shipping box from Pressure-Tek. BEST offer. 

Welcome to the Dark Side. Don't think you will regret it. Change the fluids in that compressor right away if used and you aren't certain it was just changed out. Which air pump are you going with? Kynar or Hastelloy are your preferred materials for SH.

If you don't already have it, 5/8" hose is preferred for up to medium high flow. And see my comments on air line water and icing and get at least a moderate water separator/regulator....Harbor Freight makes a halfway decent 1/2" setup. You want the filter and regulator near the Pump.

Air lines...1/2" doesn't cost much more than 3/8 and gives you lower friction losses. Check to see if there is a Parker Distributor in your area, I had them make all my air lines to spec and they were pretty reasonable. And don't skimp on the draw tube size...1" is good for an air setup and will never limit you. Pressure Washer Products has a reasonably priced 1" chem line.

Gene'

You will need a draw tube that is at least 50% larger than your pump size ( 1/2 pump--3/4 draw tube   1" pump---1.5" draw tube) I also use 3/4" hose on the spray side.  !/2" can get under shingles and tear them  up.

I plan on changing the oil. Not sure yet which pump yet, havent heard of Lunar. I have 1/2 inch hose-200ft. I will def get regulator-air water separator and 3/4 or 1 inch draw tube

Sorry...spell check changed Kynar to Lunar! I would suggest at least a 1/2" pump to get the advantages of longer reach that an air pump brings over an electric setup. A 3/8" pump will give you the reliability,but won't spray any further than a FB2 setup. Obviously I am admittedly biased towards bigger pumps!

Sorry...spell check changed Kynar to Lunar! I would suggest at least a 1/2" pump to get the advantages of longer reach that an air pump brings over an electric setup. A 3/8" pump will give you the reliability,but won't spray any further than a FB2 setup. Obviously I am admittedly biased towards bigger pumps!

It will get worse as time goes on

Gene'

You will need a draw tube that is at least 50% larger than your pump size ( 1/2 pump--3/4 draw tube   1" pump---1.5" draw tube) I also use 3/4" hose on the spray side.  !/2" can get under shingles and tear them  up.

Agreed. It doesn't hurt to get fluid hoses that are oversized so that you will not be limited at any point in the future.,

True...I misspoke. What I meant is that yes, it will run. And yes, it will give you the same flow as a smaller pump on a small compressor (but still a LOT more than an Electric). Actually maybe more as the bigger pumps require less air pressure and CFM for a given flow with given head distance due to their efficiency. So, at height thru a long hose, the 1" pump may deliver slightly more more flow with a smaller compressor than a 3/8" or 1/2" pump at the same pressure and CFM. And yes...it would be barely cruising along so reliability would improve. However, to take real advantage of the higher flows and longer range a 1" pump has....which are two of the biggest advantages of having a bigger pump...you want higher CFM. That is where a bigger compressor really comes into play. One can certainly start out with a small compressor and a big pump and upgrade when cash flow allows...or a good deal comes along. It is a good cheap way to build into an uber cleaning system.

Correct, and more correct!