I just spotted a couple Yamada DP-20F Air pumps on EBay for about $500 ea. That is a PTFE 3/4" Air Pump that will do 15 GPM with only 9 SCFM Input...albeit with little to no head, but it will still do a solid 12.5 GPM at 30' of discharge head. That is more than double what a FB2 will do. Not sure what the diaphragm is, it should be checked, but they are easily replaceable. If I hadn't just bought my 3/4" All-Flo, I would have jumped on one. Besides, they look cool to boot!

Ebay is the first and only place I look at when ever I am hunting pumps..  AODD classification is good, but AOD is even better.

I just spotted a couple Yamada DP-20F Air pumps on EBay for about $500 ea. That is a PTFE 3/4" Air Pump that will do 15 GPM with only 9 SCFM Input...albeit with little to no head, but it will still do a solid 12.5 GPM at 30' of discharge head. That is more than double what a FB2 will do. Not sure what the diaphragm is, it should be checked, but they are easily replaceable. If I hadn't just bought my 3/4" All-Flo, I would have jumped on one. Besides, they look cool to boot!

I was told by Yamada to avoid these pumps Kevin.

They are what are called high purity pumps.

15 GPM is not much, for a 3/4 inch pump. Hell, my 1/2 inch Yamada will do close to that.

They do look cool as hell though! 

I was told by Yamada to avoid these pumps Kevin.

They are what are called high purity pumps.

15 GPM is not much, for a 3/4 inch pump. Hell, my 1/2 inch Yamada will do close to that.

They do look cool as hell though!

Interesting....wonder why they would say to avoid them. Did they give a reason? I know brand new, they are heinously expensive and thus unjustifiable in a roof cleaning operation. Put used, that may be another story. I am wondering if it is a cost/benefit thing based on retail pricing, or an actual technical reason. They seem to spec out alright in terms of materials and the performance curves are damned decent. And yes, the flow isn't that much higher than a 1/2" pump, but a larger pump doesn't work as hard and your typical 3/4 or 1" pump needs a lot of air, meaning a big compressor. For guys with a smaller compressor already in the house and running a 3/8" pump....thought it might be a good upgrade.

Interesting....wonder why they would say to avoid them. Did they give a reason? I know brand new, they are heinously expensive and thus unjustifiable in a roof cleaning operation. Put used, that may be another story. I am wondering if it is a cost/benefit thing based on retail pricing, or an actual technical reason. They seem to spec out alright in terms of materials and the performance curves are damned decent. And yes, the flow isn't that much higher than a 1/2" pump, but a larger pump doesn't work as hard and your typical 3/4 or 1" pump needs a lot of air, meaning a big compressor. For guys with a smaller compressor already in the house and running a 3/8" pump....thought it might be a good upgrade.

Yes, here are some reasons!  They require solenoid valves on the air compressors, and rebuilding them will cost a literal fortune because they are very different inside.

Their application is in computer chip manufacturers, where absolute purity is essential.

Avoid them, like you would an ex wife asking for lifetime alimony!

Ahhh....high maintenance, expensive to fix....yeah,sounds like my Ex wife alright.

Never mind!

Good thinking though Kevin! 

What kind of an air/water separator regulator do you have ?

Our Marcus Raif in Texas had problems with his 1 inch all flow stalling, and was told to buy a dessicant filter by All Flow