Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

Is Softwash Or Softwashing A Good Name For Roof Cleaning ?

Is Softwash Or Softwashing A Good Name To Use For Roof Cleaning ?

Well, let's take a look, and find out, using this keyword research tool . Simply click on the link, and enter either the keywords Softwash or Softwashing, and see if it has any relation to roof cleaning ?

Or, enter the keyword Roof Cleaning, and see if softwash or softwashing pulls up ?

You might be surprised! 

LOL, softwash or softwashing have nothing to do with cleaning roofs, as far as potential customers searches are concerned.

Softwashing roofs and/or roof softwashing shows NO hits on either word.

Not surprisingly, people are not searching for softwashing or softwash, but they are searching for pressure washing and roof cleaning.

Now, if you call yourself Apple Non Pressure Roof Cleaning, you hit the keywords roof cleaning and the keyword pressure!

If I called myself Apple Softwash, or Apple Softwashing, then WTF is that ?

I have also noticed that many are referring to soft wash, softwash, soft washing, etc. I personally don't use the term anymore myself for that reason, it is not a searched term, only amoung other cleaning professionals. That said, I believe anyone can use whatever branding they feel will work for them. I guess the one concern I would have, from a branding standpoint, if the term has not been or is not being searched then how would a service be found or known? For those that have changed their branding from say roof cleaning, which is now becoming a search term, though power washing/pressure washing is still the lead terms searched, to softwash I hope they link to their old branding, if not they will lose all benefit with the search engines.

When you change your content/branding you can cause conflict within your rankings and in some cases lose your ranking because the search engines view the content as conflicting and not relevant. Many make the mistake of typing the term or terms into their search bar, which is fine for them, but the question one has to ask is the potential customer typing in the term or terms?

For my branding/content I use roof cleaning, no-pressure, non-pressure, etc. because of the search term value. You have roof, cleaning and pressure as key words.

I keep all my content consistant, as you know content rules in todays searching.

Now I am not saying you should not use other terms, that is a personal choice, what I am saying is be careful about changing your content and branding. The search engines only interest is to provide the searcher with consistant and relevant content, that is their business model. That is why they all only index relevany content to the search request. So if your content/branding doesn't have relevant content to the search term/subject you won't get indexed.

Just food for thought and my own personal opinion.

I have also noticed that many are referring to soft wash, softwash, soft washing, etc. I personally don't use the term anymore myself for that reason, it is not a searched term, only amoung other cleaning professionals. That said, I believe anyone can use whatever branding they feel will work for them. I guess the one concern I would have, from a branding standpoint, if the term has not been or is not being searched then how would a service be found or known? For those that have changed their branding from say roof cleaning, which is now becoming a search term, though power washing/pressure washing is still the lead terms searched, to softwash I hope they link to their old branding, if not they will lose all benefit with the search engines.

When you change your content/branding you can cause conflict within your rankings and in some cases lose your ranking because the search engines view the content as conflicting and not relevant. Many make the mistake of typing the term or terms into their search bar, which is fine for them, but the question one has to ask is the potential customer typing in the term or terms?

For my branding/content I use roof cleaning, no-pressure, non-pressure, etc. because of the search term value. You have roof, cleaning and pressure as key words.

I keep all my content consistant, as you know content rules in todays searching.

Now I am not saying you should not use other terms, that is a personal choice, what I am saying is be careful about changing your content and branding. The search engines only interest is to provide the searcher with consistant and relevant content, that is their business model. That is why they all only index relevany content to the search request. So if your content/branding doesn't have relevant content to the search term/subject you won't get indexed.

Just food for thought and my own personal opinion.

If they wish to call it softwash roof cleaning, or, we clean your roof by soft washing it, that is kind of OK.

At least they still have the word roof cleaning in there.

But many are calling themselves stupid names like "Statue Of Liberty Softwash", LOL

The keywords Statue, Liberty, and Softwash mean nothing, as far as roof cleaning goes.

Like you said Bruce, Softwash means nothing to the consumer who hires us roof cleaners.

Actually "Pressure Cleaning Roof" is the best choice did some research after your advise from last week.

Great to see u here Brother! 

Barry, who posted this forum traffic stuff is a well known SEO Expert

Let's wait and see what he has to say ?

But softwash is somnething you do with your infant, LOL

I know Chris this is the biggest problem I'm having with SEO is reinventing the wheel.  I knew that softwashing was not commonly known to clients, but wanted to be different.  Even brag about most pressure cleaning companies not knowing about it.  I have learned so much working on my website this year.

I know Chris this is the biggest problem I'm having with SEO is reinventing the wheel.  I knew that softwashing was not commonly known to clients, but wanted to be different.  Even brag about most pressure cleaning companies not knowing about it.  I have learned so much working on my website this year.

That's all fine and good, and the word Softwash or Softwashing, or Soft Wash, can all be incorporated into descriptions of roof or exterior cleaning services. Just never put "We Softwash Exteriors", instead put 'We clean exteriors by softwashing them.

Remember, more folks do not know what softwashing is, outside of our industry.