mikea

Where to buy local storage tanks?

I've looked online and seen all the distributors for big poly tanks but would rather not pay the freight. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy locally. Specifically New Jersey?

tractor supply stocks 65,125 and 225.... But if your looking for 225 or 275 you can usually find the cage totes on craigslist for 100$... Tractor supply usually has free shipping on orders to store over 99$

Thanks for all the feedback. I picked up one of the 50 gallon tanks without the bulkhead fitting on the bottom from tractor supply and also checked out a local plumbing distributor and got a 100 gal tank for $250. Great price!

Thanks for all the feedback. I picked up one of the 50 gallon tanks without the bulkhead fitting on the bottom from tractor supply and also checked out a local plumbing distributor and got a 100 gal tank for $250. Great price!

We always suggest to pull the roof cleaning chemicals from the TOP of the tanks, vs using a bulkhead.

We always suggest to pull the roof cleaning chemicals from the TOP of the tanks, vs using a bulkhead.

Yup! Always have. No reason to deal with leaks out of the bottom.

I'm a new member (joined RCIA 4-6-14) so I will need a lot of advice on how to build my soft wash system. A little history on myself. I have been a auto mechanic for 41 yrs., retired in 2013 from the US Postal Service( as a mechanic) after 24 yrs. Lost the love of my life 6 yrs. ago to cancer after 36 yrs. of marriage. I'm not ready to draw social security yet, so I thought I would open a pressure washer business. I have done some research on the internet about pressure washing, and I'm glad I found the RCIA site. From viewing the site I think it's awesome what Chris Tucker has done in founding this institute. It's apparent that all the members of RCIA try to help each other with honest advice so that we are all successful. That means hopefully, that the American dream is still possible. At 61 yrs. old, I will have to motivate myself, because I don't have the horsepower I use to have, but I have always been a hard worker. I'm looking forward to making new friends, and getting some great advice from my fellow members. Please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Sincerely,

Mike Kelley

Mike;

Welcome to RCIA. You are still young. I'm 68 and going strong after double knee transplants. I retired from BellSouth 20 years ago after 30+ years of service.  I am truly happy in my roof cleaning business and enjoy every day.

I would highly recommend you becoming a Premium Member which will give you total access to both forums, and access to Chris & myself via phone. That will be the best $$ you will spend to grow your business.

Garyw

Mike - even though I started researching this business about a year and a half ago I didn't officially start working on putting the pieces together until about 3 months ago. I can tell you that this site and Gary have been extremely knowledgable and helpful along the way to building my rig and answering all my questions. I have a lot to learn, but from what I've experienced so far these guys enjoy helping - so my advice is to use them as much as you can. Good luck!