ReNew Roof & Exterior cleaning

New to roof cleaning

Hello everyone. I have been researching roof cleaning for the last 6 months. My fiances mothers roof was cleaned by someone in my region (the only roof cleaner) in my New Hampshire region. I was wowed by the results and have been reading your forums ever since.

I will be joining RCIA in the very near future to learn as much as I can, and planning on building my own rig in the early spring and be up and running in the late spring. With the amount of Black roofs (at least 75%) up here it would be foolish not to start a roof cleaning business. 

Thank you

Gene

Gene

There are lots of company's cleaning roofs in NH. Just do some searches and and you can find them. Your future mother in law found some one and there are pleanty of other guys out there. Reach out to me if I can help you in any way, not that I'm loaded with wisdom but I can give you some things that have worked for me and the things that haven't. One quick bit of advice is to completely fill out your info here on the site. It is to help customers find and connect with you as well as other members to get to know you. Good luck and let me know if I can help.

Hi Brian, I'm from Charlestown and as far as I know there is no one who cleans roofs north of North Walpole NH which is 6 miles south of me.

Welcome Gene! I approved your forum membership, you never approved the confirmation email, so I made it work for you.

Charlestown, in Boston ?

I had a helper from Charlestown Mass, all he talked about was Whitey Bulger, LOL

I had to fire him, he could not stay clean and sober.

Welcome to the insanity! One thing to think about is safety. This is a fun, but dangerous occupation. When you as a business owner, make an unyielding, uncompromising commitment to safety, it differentiates you from the 20 guys advertising on Craigslist for less money, and it will get you a lot of jobs. For example, we do all the work for the county fire dept., beating out 10 other contractors who bid the work. They hired us specifically because we emphasized safety first. Same with homeowners....they are often hiring you because they are afraid to go up on the roof and often terrified of people falling off. Neighbors seeing my guy on the roof fully harnessed have booked jobs simply because it exhibits professionalism.. And yes...we HAVE been OSHA inspected on a commercial job...and passed.

Learn to install permanent safety anchors on asphalt shingle roofs. We make a bunch of profit installing them. They cost $15 ea. wholesale and I sell them for $50 each including installation. Takes 10 minutes to put one in. The anchor, hammer, roof pry and a tube of Thru-the-Roof is all you need. It is rare we do less than two anchors on anti two story or single story high pitch, and since they are permanent, the home owner will have them there for your tune up sprays every few years. Invest in a good harness (I like Petzl) and traveller. Enjoy the madness!

Welcome aboard Gene, Brian and Chris and all the other guys will be a great help to you. As Brian told me read read and keep reading more. You'll find that this form probably has the best information.

good luck.