Chris,

It's a great video. Our basic roof cleaning package does not include gutter cleaning, fascia or soffits. Needless to say we will attempt to up sell a house wash, gutter brightening, concrete cleaning, etc.

Hank

We always clean the fascia strip, as part of the roof cleaning, because it is expected here in Tampa.

The soffits and house are always extra.

Nice video. I upsale cleaning out gutters while cleaning the roof but have not cleaned the outside of gutters or soffits. I did some research last season on the various solutions and do plan on adding gutters and soffits to my service offerings this season.

Nice video. I upsale cleaning out gutters while cleaning the roof but have not cleaned the outside of gutters or soffits. I did some research last season on the various solutions and do plan on adding gutters and soffits to my service offerings this season.

That is a great idea Dave. The more services we can provide our customers, the more we can earn, and make our customers delighted.

For many many years, we soft washed roofs and the house, using only our roof cleaning setup, and water hose pressure to rinse.

We simply called it what it was, and still is, non pressure roof and exterior cleaning.

But, as the Internet expanded all our horizons, different terminologies from different parts of the USA started being used.

Just as power washing is called pressure cleaning in some states, the term soft washing, or soft wash, is used in some parts of the USA.

So a "softwash system" is simply another name for a non pressure cleaning device.

The word Soft Wash, or Softwashing, IMHO, is a stupid choice of terminology to use in place of non pressure roof or exterior cleaning.

If you advertise "Non Pressure Roof Washing and Exterior Cleaning" vs Softwashing, you hit many keyword strings.

Softwashing is nothing new and revolutionary, though the makers of several of these so called softwash cleaning systems would have you believe that they have reinvented the wheel.

Try not to get caught up in the hype some of these snake oil salesmen generate, or you may get played for a sucker, and spend way more money on a non pressure cleaning system then you need to.

Chris,

Our company name(Pocono Non-Pressure Roof & Exterior Cleaning) clearly states what we do. However, until there is a general acceptance or understanding, by the property owner, of the various terms used industry wide we still include soft washing, pressure washing, power washing and non-pressure on our website, tags, blogs, promotional posts.

I'm sure you have experienced this a time a two. After talking with a customer for 20 minutes using the term non-pressure they still turn around and say pressure washing. In the beginning this used to drive me crazy(ier). Then I realized the consumer doesn't really care about terminology or even retain it. They just want their property cleaned.

Hank

Chris,

Our company name(Pocono Non-Pressure Roof & Exterior Cleaning) clearly states what we do. However, until there is a general acceptance or understanding, by the property owner, of the various terms used industry wide we still include soft washing, pressure washing, power washing and non-pressure on our website, tags, blogs, promotional posts.

I'm sure you have experienced this a time a two. After talking with a customer for 20 minutes using the term non-pressure they still turn around and say pressure washing. In the beginning this used to drive me crazy(ier). Then I realized the consumer doesn't really care about terminology or even retain it. They just want their property cleaned.

Hank

Hank, Pocono Non-Pressure Roof & Exterior Cleaning is an excellent choice for a company name.

I feel a company name should say 

#1- What You Do

#2- Where You Do It At

The company name Pocono Non-Pressure Roof & Exterior Cleaning fulfills both of my "requirements".

Like I said, in selling roof cleaning nearly 20 years here in Tampa, I have never ever had any customer ever ask me for "Soft Wash, or Softwashing".

They will say "I want the non pressure or chemical roof cleaning".

But I am like you Hank, and have ads that say Soft Wash or Softwashing, just in case.

And yes, you are right, some times the customer just wants their roof cleaned, and could care less how it is done.

I personally do not clean parts of the home unless the dormers are nasty I will spray them while Im cleaning the roof. As far as cleaning the house with a roof mix it doesnt work for me. Especially if Im near the bottom of the tank. The settled soap surfactants are hard to clean from windows

I personally do not clean parts of the home unless the dormers are nasty I will spray them while Im cleaning the roof. As far as cleaning the house with a roof mix it doesnt work for me. Especially if Im near the bottom of the tank. The settled soap surfactants are hard to clean from windows

How do you do it Andy, with a pressure washer ?

Contrary to what some may believe, a pressure washer is not an "evil thing".

Because we use dual 300 gallon tanks, we are seldom at the bottom of our mix, and if we are, a little water is added.

Yes Chris, I pump it from the bottom of tank. Hate to waste it so I have pumped it into 5 gal. buckets an added water. Not saying it does'nt work but getting dilution correct is trial and error. I have streaked windows worse so for that reason I learned a lesson. The left over mix is great for concrete. I dont go out premixed looking for work and I have a 125 gallon tank. I figure how much Im going to need per roof and there is usually not much left.

Sometimes I add to what is left on next roof and that adds more setiment at the bottom and that kind of mix could be the problem.

Yes Chris, I pump it from the bottom of tank. Hate to waste it so I have pumped it into 5 gal. buckets an added water. Not saying it does'nt work but getting dilution correct is trial and error. I have streaked windows worse so for that reason I learned a lesson. The left over mix is great for concrete. I dont go out premixed looking for work and I have a 125 gallon tank. I figure how much Im going to need per roof and there is usually not much left.

Sometimes I add to what is left on next roof and that adds more setiment at the bottom and that kind of mix could be the problem.

Yes Andy, our situations are all different, and we all use and do what is best for each of us.

Not too many roof cleaners ride around with flatbed trucks full of 600 gallons of tile and shingle roof cleaning mix, in dual 300 gallon tanks,. like we do.

Our trucks are basically set up for one thing, to clean shingle and tile roofs as fast as we can, and as many as we can do in a day.

We are 85% pure roof cleaners.

Oh, we will clean a driveway or house, pool cage, etc, etc, but only when asked, and only if we are already there, cleaning the roof.

We usually have so many roofs to clean, why clean a house exterior/pool cage, that pays little, and takes a good amount of time ?

Driveways are fast, we spray them with the tile roof cleaning mix with added TSP, and that whitens them right up.

But houses and pool cages take time, time we feel is best spent cleaning roofs.