Here is a video of how we protect the landscaping during a roof cleaning. We use plastic on a limited basis mostly for Jap Maple and Large bushes next to the house.

I am also posting the links for the downspout runoff system for those interested.

http://rainguardusa.com/downspout-extension-tubing/50ft-extension-tubing/rainguard-50ft-extension-tubing-green.html

http://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/roofing-soffits-gutters/gutters/gutter-accessories/downspout-extension/p-1470143-c-5812.htm

http://youtu.be/7OaQgfGh6Ag

I pasted the link into the post but couldn't get the box like you did.

As to landscaping, given we clean a lot of cedar which requires rinsing for proper results a runoff system is a must.

Regular garden hose pressure works fine for us.

We use both but a lot of places in my part of Florida do not have good water pressure so sometimes the pressure washer is the only way.

We have a lot of wells here and the pressure is unbelievable.  I carry 300 feet of hose sometimes if i can reach a well and after that distance it's still amazing.  It's like a mini fire hydrant

We have a lot of wells here and the pressure is unbelievable.  I carry 300 feet of hose sometimes if i can reach a well and after that distance it's still amazing.  It's like a mini fire hydrant

wow! i like great water pressure to rinse plants off when cleaning roofs.

That way you can stand way back, water,  and not breathe the chit.

The Roof Cleaner uses similar down spout extensions. Last year we were buying Drain away product 8' for .99 cents, close out item at Menards. This year I bought 1000 ft roll of 6 mil plastic tubing 7" wide from a company like us plastics. This runs about .14 cents per ft. The only problem is, is its only available in clear and black. I tested this on my home and it seems to hold up well. Hopefully we will be okay with the clear tubing.

Hey I burned the hedges on the side of a house last week. The owner was pretty understanding. The damage occurred on the sides of the house where there are no gutters. The damage was directly under the edge of the roof. Basically it 's about a 5 inch wide dead streak in the middle of the viburnum hedge. I watered constantly, so I am not sure how it happened. I am starting to think that the damage may have occurred because I don't rinse my roofs?  I am thinking the damage happened the next morning from the dew? 

Tonight in Sarasota for instance it is currently about 75 degrees, at about 10 PM the temp drops down to the dew point of 73 degrees. I am thinking at this point all the SH on the roof section with no gutters will begin to run off onto the hedges? Is this what is happening? I think I am going to start rinsing my roofs, especially on the sides where there are no gutters.   

i dont get just the bottom 1/3 of the house.  Why not the whole thing. And if you get more than dew light a flash rain isn't it going to do damage if you don't rinse the top 2/3?

Sure, it is always best to rinse the entire roof, if you are rinsing. However, experience has shown that rinsing the bottom 1/3 of the roof will prevent most problems. 

Newbie question but does the section of roof that is not rinsed on the day of the cleaning ever have a different appearance after it dries? Seems as though this to rinse or not to rinse is an ongoing debate here. Some of the members rinse every job and some only btm 1/3 if no gutters are present and others say they will never rinse??? 

Newbie question but does the section of roof that is not rinsed on the day of the cleaning ever have a different appearance after it dries? Seems as though this to rinse or not to rinse is an ongoing debate here. Some of the members rinse every job and some only btm 1/3 if no gutters are present and others say they will never rinse??? 

The answer is yes, but just slightly

The Roof Cleaner uses similar down spout extensions. Last year we were buying Drain away product 8' for .99 cents, close out item at Menards. This year I bought 1000 ft roll of 6 mil plastic tubing 7" wide from a company like us plastics. This runs about .14 cents per ft. The only problem is, is its only available in clear and black. I tested this on my home and it seems to hold up well. Hopefully we will be okay with the clear tubing.

How did that 1000' roll plastic work out? I am seeing a similar product sold online, but it says its not waterproof.  Im looking for something that can be compact, but can attach to downspout and carry fluid long distances. Did you attach with zipties?

You can use zip ties but they are expensive and not easily reusable or try these http://www.homedepot.com/p/Sigman-6-in-Tarp-Ball-Bungee-25-Pack-BB06B/203217327 6" Ball type bungee cords. Also I think uline is cheaper for the poly tubing http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-2941/Poly-Tubing/6-Mil-Heavy-Duty-Poly-Tubing-Roll-5-x-1000