You guys up North will be faced with everyone  cleaning roofs one day, just like we are. But neither of you need worry.

You both do great non pressure roof cleaning for a fair price. You will always have lots of work!

You could try to reach out to them yourself. Besides that you are just going to have to inform your customers of the benefits you have over these other companies. Whether it be insurance, comp, experience or whatever else.

We're in MD and before we started soft washing roofs, we shopped the better known, reputable companies in our area and MATCHED their prices. Starting a price war benefits no one.. 

I have one local competitor, And we serve the same areas.  I have bid many jobs that he has, and just by the way, professionalism, and how he quotes jobs is the main reason why i get a call for the second quote.  The customers either say he was too aggressive, say things like "Oh, i don't think you will be able to afford my price".  They say he "paces" along the gutter line as a measuring tool and doesn't even write up a written quote.  He also has claimed he is the only one doing roof soft washing, some customers have even mentioned they know my service as the same! He bash talked me about roofs i have done 3 years ago before i even got into the proper way to service a roof.  One job he quoted on was $4,000.00.  It was a house with a garage with another smaller house with a little shed (total of approx 6,500 sq.ft.)  I did it for $1,400.00 and it took me 6 1/2 hours with one helper.  That was treat the roof, rinse it (because of moss), clean the gutters out and apply zinc sulphate to the north/north east areas where the moss was more present.

All over town he bids really high, customers hire him at whatever the prices may be, if they don't know that i am around presenting the same service, he will get hired eventually. 

He quoted one rancher home 1,000 sq.ft for $1,200.00 bucks! the roof was aluminum laminate and he told the customer he hates metal roofs! lol!  I did it for $450.00 bucks, it took me 1 hour!

However one presents themselves, usually the price isn't what gets you the job, unless your customers are already low budget, and the home is tiny, which isn't any companies main focus is!

I have one local competitor, And we serve the same areas.  I have bid many jobs that he has, and just by the way, professionalism, and how he quotes jobs is the main reason why i get a call for the second quote.  The customers either say he was too aggressive, say things like "Oh, i don't think you will be able to afford my price".  They say he "paces" along the gutter line as a measuring tool and doesn't even write up a written quote.  He also has claimed he is the only one doing roof soft washing, some customers have even mentioned they know my service as the same! He bash talked me about roofs i have done 3 years ago before i even got into the proper way to service a roof.  One job he quoted on was $4,000.00.  It was a house with a garage with another smaller house with a little shed (total of approx 6,500 sq.ft.)  I did it for $1,400.00 and it took me 6 1/2 hours with one helper.  That was treat the roof, rinse it (because of moss), clean the gutters out and apply zinc sulphate to the north/north east areas where the moss was more present.

All over town he bids really high, customers hire him at whatever the prices may be, if they don't know that i am around presenting the same service, he will get hired eventually. 

He quoted one rancher home 1,000 sq.ft for $1,200.00 bucks! the roof was aluminum laminate and he told the customer he hates metal roofs! lol!  I did it for $450.00 bucks, it took me 1 hour!

However one presents themselves, usually the price isn't what gets you the job, unless your customers are already low budget, and the home is tiny, which isn't any companies main focus is!

LOL Richard, do this Google search "Roof Cleaning And Moss Removal chilliwack bc" and see what happens, EH ?

This forum has propelled you to number one in that search, and soon you will be RCIA Certified as a roof cleaner to boot! 

Never be "worried" that your potential customers will see threads and posts from here. It clearly shows you, being the roof cleaning professional you are, trying to become even better! 

This is one reason we try to never allow any foul language, or haters posts, to remain on this forum, because all of our potential customers can see it.

Your competitor is on "borrowed time", especially if he is making the mistake of bad mouthing his competitors.

We never even mention competitors, unless asked, and then we choose to concentrate on what WE do, vs bad mouthing them.

LOL Richard, do this Google search "Roof Cleaning And Moss Removal chilliwack bc" and see what happens, EH ?

This forum has propelled you to number one in that search, and soon you will be RCIA Certified as a roof cleaner to boot! 

Never be "worried" that your potential customers will see threads and posts from here. It clearly shows you, being the roof cleaning professional you are, trying to become even better! 

This is one reason we try to never allow any foul language, or haters posts, to remain on this forum, because all of our potential customers can see it.

Your competitor is on "borrowed time", especially if he is making the mistake of bad mouthing his competitors.

We never even mention competitors, unless asked, and then we choose to concentrate on what WE do, vs bad mouthing them.

Did i push my limits on that post i just made? haha, I think i am okay no?

Long Island is the area im refering to. the new roof cleaners are destroying the pricing. again how about a class on what pricing should be. Noone should do a roof (black streaks for less than 350) guys are doing 5-600 dollar roofs for 350 or a little less than that sometimes......adjust my buisness for that huh? i could charge 350 for a 600 dollar roof if i didnt have ins labor and all the nessessitites a business is supposed to have.....im finding most homeowners havent been asking as much for that stuff....

Im from the island too. This island is like a pool filled with people who cant swim everyone is trying to stay afloat by drowning the next guy. Most customers dont care about anything but the bottom line. They never ask if a company is licensed and insured and if they do they never ask for proof.

This is the same with home improvements here if you own a car and a toolbelt your a contractor! Im not kidding. I lose remodeling jobs all the time because some guy gave a price that will eventually put him out of business.

The problem is regulation. We have all these laws about licensing- but NO-ONE is enforcing them. They'll bust maybe 4 guys a year and give them a fine. and they go right back to doing it. 4 guys out of 100,000 is nothing.

Heres what i would do. find out who is low balling and give them a call. Professionally explain to them what they are doing. Tell them they are selling themselves short and leaving money on the table. Maybe they dont know, maybe they dont understand business. they just see some money in their pocket at the end of the day and think they're making money when in fact they're probably losing money.