FPCS

hose fitting question

Recently bought a 12volt soft wash kit from PT .

It comes with 200ft of the half inch poly hose.

My question to you guys that use the poly hose is , what type of fittings do you use to attach the hose to your hose reel.

I was thinking a 1/2 inch barb with a hose clamp ?? But I'm afraid it will leak all over my new titan reel and our pretty trailer. Lol.

Also some ideas to plumb into the chemical tank would be nice.

Just seems like barbs are about the only option with the poly hose.

Thanks guys..

I hope everyone is busy and doing well.

Recently bought a 12volt soft wash kit from PT .

It comes with 200ft of the half inch poly hose.

My question to you guys that use the poly hose is , what type of fittings do you use to attach the hose to your hose reel.

I was thinking a 1/2 inch barb with a hose clamp ?? But I'm afraid it will leak all over my new titan reel and our pretty trailer. Lol.

Also some ideas to plumb into the chemical tank would be nice.

Just seems like barbs are about the only option with the poly hose.

Thanks guys..

I hope everyone is busy and doing well.

Use a stainless steel hose barb to 1/2 NPT.  I also suggest a very good stainless steel hose clamp vs the automotive variety.  (Bob sells both).  Most importantly,; secure the first foot or so of hose to the side of the hose reel so there's not too much pressure every applied to the manifold when winding up the hose.  They can break over time otherwise.  I posted a pic on the other forum of this years ago.  I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks for the feedback guys. How are you securing the hose out of the fitting?

Richard do you also secure the hose from the barb? Do you have issues with the pvc breaking?

Thanks for the feedback guys. How are you securing the hose out of the fitting?

Richard do you also secure the hose from the barb? Do you have issues with the pvc breaking?

Just what Roof Cleaning Virginia said, a good stainless steel clamp.  Even better are the ones are the clamps used for coolant hoses on the engines.  Where you just pinch and release to tighten.  Haven't had a problem yet with PVC.  I don't come close to hitting them or any of that. 

http://www.frankcondelli.com/staging1/store/image/cache/data/Cooling/spring%20clamp2-500x500.jpg

I appreciate the time guys. Ill be installing the roof setup this week. Have roof jobs waiting. Guess its a good thing.

One other tidbit about PVC. I noticed sch 40 is usually white in color and sch 80 is gray in color. I have gotten sch 80 in white

also. Just be careful when ordering online or going into a hardware store that the ends match up. I have sch 80 gray from a

plumbing supply store and sch 80 white from a online store and they do not match.