This is the watering hose we highly recommend for watering plants before, during, and after roof cleaning. http://www.factorydirecthose.com/site/932652/product/MG34x100

The light weight, and huge water flow capacity of this hose will pay for itself many times over.

I might budget a Mean Green for next year. The hoses I have now are 3/4" "heavy-duty contractor grade" that weight 50 lbs and still kink. And one of my pet peeves is when someone reels up the hose leaving the kinks in it which just makes it even worse! 

I might budget a Mean Green for next year. The hoses I have now are 3/4" "heavy-duty contractor grade" that weight 50 lbs and still kink. And one of my pet peeves is when someone reels up the hose leaving the kinks in it which just makes it even worse! 

ALL Hoses Kink, in my experience, but the Mean Green is very very light, and easy to use.

All that extra water a 3/4 hose gives really help keep plants from damage, when roof cleaning.

Just be sure and use a fire hose type of nozzle, to take advantage of the increased water flow.

I wish I could use a water hose for the ground man all the time, but for some reason here in the Jacksonville area, the water pressure is too low to do so.  I usually have to use one of my PW machines for the ground man. 

What length do you all usually find most convenient?

I do not have my water hoses on reels.  I find having 50' lengths is the best for us.  It is easy to set-up and break down, and stretching out 50' lengths doesn't require too much space.  If I have 150' of hose connected, to dissemble and put away I simply disconnect the furthest connection pull the furthest hose with me to the next connection, disconnect that connection and pull two hoses to the end of the last hose.  Now I have 3 hoses stretched straight with the female ends furthest away from the truck.  I coil up each hose and end up with the 50' coils in one location, right next to my vehicle.  It is much harder to do this with longer lengths.

If I had my water hoses on reels it would be one continuous hose, which would be the simplest, IMO.

I do not have my water hoses on reels.  I find having 50' lengths is the best for us.  It is easy to set-up and break down, and stretching out 50' lengths doesn't require too much space.  If I have 150' of hose connected, to dissemble and put away I simply disconnect the furthest connection pull the furthest hose with me to the next connection, disconnect that connection and pull two hoses to the end of the last hose.  Now I have 3 hoses stretched straight with the female ends furthest away from the truck.  I coil up each hose and end up with the 50' coils in one location, right next to my vehicle.  It is much harder to do this with longer lengths.

If I had my water hoses on reels it would be one continuous hose, which would be the simplest, IMO.

I do like the idea of 50 foot sections considering the benefits you listed. I do have a reel though so I think I'm just going to order one 150 footer and see how that works for now.  

If the mean green is hooked into a hose reel, does that affect the gpm or pressure opposed to running it straight from the spigot?

Yes, coiled up hose always has more restrictions

They make large and smaller fire hose nozzles, we use both, depending on the water pressure we find at a house.

Chris, I tried clicking on the link for the firemans hose nozzle. It says it doesn't exist anymore. Of course you posted that in 2013. Anyway, what firemans nozzle would you guys recommend? I was thinking about this one from chemical guy..  https://www.chemicalguys.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ACC_2009&CartID=1