DIRTY-ROOF.COM

Help me choose some equipment

Looking for any help or advice on choosing some equipment to get things started. I do like the systems that are on a skid ready to load in the truck just dont think im looking to invest that much right from the start.  I dont really have any idea what im looking at so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Erik

Erik, My advise is to slow down. There is a lot to learn with Roof cleaning. Pay the $129.00 membership and start reading. S/H can cause a lot of damage to a home. I've been fixing homes for over 40 years and this roof cleaning thing can be dangerous. You can kill the plants, grass and more. The S/H we use can burn your skin,lungs and eyes. Be careful and do a lot of reading before your first job. The seasons half over, take you time!

Art, Thanks for your concern.

I have already paid the membership fee (it was the first thing that i did) hoping to have unliited access to important information.  I can assure you I have been reading everything I can find. I'm prob reading 3-4 hours a day! Once i decide to do something I usually give it 120% in the beginning to move the process along. 

With the season being half over my goal is to get up and running and to get a good amount of roofs under our belt. This way we can work out any kinks and when next season starts we can hit it hard.

What kind of equipment do you use now? what did you start with? any suggestions on equipment? Thanks in advance for sharing the info with me!!

Erik;

There are several things to consider when trying to decide on equipment. Are you going to use a truck, or pull a trailer?  How big an  area are you planning to offer your services? Which type pump are you wanting to use, 12v electric or air driven? How many roofs do you want to clean a day? Air is faster!  What type of budget are you working with?

A lot of things to consider. If you want to talk about it, call me. You've got my number.

Erik welcome and good luck. What I think you should do is call Gary and get all the info you need instead of having to work at it like so many others have. Nothing personal I assure you, I am just pointing out how things have changed on the board. One thing that has changed is Gary is accepting phone calls even from people now not close to his area,it's the new kinder gentler Gary. What it really is everyone has an angle now,and everyone wants a shot at your money. That's right, no need to read..."call me" and I will direct you were "we" want you to go. This new "approach " is alot easier then working for it, so I would say to any new member...forget the old way...call up get what info you need and cut down on the wait time. Good Luck.......... 

Exactly the type of response I expected from you. You know, you really should check into some professional help for the personal problems you are experiencing. Your life would be so much happier. Must be something in the water in your area of the country.

Erik;

There are several things to consider when trying to decide on equipment. Are you going to use a truck, or pull a trailer?  How big an  area are you planning to offer your services? Which type pump are you wanting to use, 12v electric or air driven? How many roofs do you want to clean a day? Air is faster!  What type of budget are you working with?

A lot of things to consider. If you want to talk about it, call me. You've got my number.

Will do What is a good time for you?

Erik, welcome! If you fill out your profile in full, more of us would reply. It doesn't even give the location of your business.

Thought i did this the other day. I must not have hit the "save changes" button. Should be fixed now

Again thanks for the replies.

I want to have the capability to do 2 roofs a day in the beginning. I have a small ford ranger that i can use but weight will be an issue so a small trailer might be best.

I like the fatboy system from Pres tek lil more then i want to spend but might be the best option.

I do not know the pros and cons between air or 12volt.

Will do What is a good time for you?

After 9:00am and befrore 10:00pm 7 days a week

Erik you said you want to do 2 roofs a day, That's 12 roofs per week. You would need about 20 leads a week to do that. How do you plan on geting all those leads?

Art i would like the capabilities to do 2 a day. Where the work comes from we all know is a completely different ball game, and there can almost be an entire forum just for that. I think it woud be efficient if materials and mix could be set up in the early morning, and jobs could be scheduled in 2's.  Some days might not have any work in the beginning but it should be more cost effective to do t2 a day then one a day

Here we go again!!! Another topic blown out of porportion  by people who only want to cause trouble and stir the waters. What is your problem with someone who tries to help new people?  Your false ideas and statements are really starting to show your intelligence, or lack of. When someone joins as a premium member, he deserves all the help he can get, without reading all this BS. You say "grow Up".   Better look in the mirror!!

You are going on my "IGNORE" list along with some others from your area so I won't have to read this crap.

Gary you have got to be kidding, there is no way you are trying to help anyone! Lack of intelligence? Of course it is..I know you think you are the smartest man alive. Gary I love the "Mr Helper "act" you think nobody can see that there is somthing in it for you? Or that you are helping someone else and somthing is in it for you?  Grow up? Ignore list? I am sure it's pretty long. Gary we have had liars on here,some thiefs but this RCIA still was able to rebound. But you, you have done more damage to this place then anyone. You threw out some great members, guys who knew so much more then you and maybe thats what bothered you. There is no reason to bother posting on these boards anymore, perhaps to see what Chris Tucker says but thats about it. For RCIA to make a come back you would have to go, but it's all about money here now... thats why we just say call me to every newbie. At least someone should be man enough to say it.

Charlie, a persons paid membership here already includes one on one phone consultations with me. 

Hey art I'm still here! I understand that eventually I'll be working in the same area as you guys And I understand that could be a big concern you. But that's the way business is sometimes. I would like you to remember that I did pay my premium membership In order to get unlimited access to any info that I might need. It is written all over this forum that the info would be provided to anyone pay the premium membership. If you want to open up a discussion about your topic I would appreciate if you would do it in your own thread and stop trying to derail mine

Charlie, a persons paid membership here already includes one on one phone consultations with me. 

Chris;

Erik lives in the same area as the two complainers. Competition scares the chit out of them due to the fact they are about to go down the tubes. Instead of helping a new member in their area to price jobs correctly and do quality work, they try to run them off like they accused me of doing. Some people just don't understand how life works.

Chris;

Erik lives in the same area as the two complainers. Competition scares the chit out of them due to the fact they are about to go down the tubes. Instead of helping a new member in their area to price jobs correctly and do quality work, they try to run them off like they accused me of doing. Some people just don't understand how life works.

Chris;

Gary that's the way I would of liked it to be. I would hope they would help me price competitively with them. Maybe now I'll just do it for the cost of materials on my days off

Gary that's the way I would of liked it to be. I would hope they would help me price competitively with them. Maybe now I'll just do it for the cost of materials on my days off

It is always to everyone's advantage to try and work together! Keep your friends close, and your competitors closer! 

Does anyone here have any advice on a simple setup? Pressure tek has a few kits that are priced around $450. Looks like they include the basics w/o tank. Does anyone use these systems? Is there anything I don't want or certain materials I should stear clear of?

Thanks Art. When I get back to office I'm going to give them a.call.

Art gave you some great advice! I like to see a bit longer hose, but I am in Florida, land is cheap here, and homes set way back off the road. We like from 150 to 200 feet of roof cleaning hose better.

Thanks Charlie and Art. I hope we all do well.

I just ordered this kit from pressure tek, i also included the pump in the box. Now ill just find a tank and a battery.

Any suggestions on battery? how long does a charged battery last while roof cleaning?