For Sale: Generation 3 SoftWash Systems Cradle Skid with Bulk Rinse Pump Pack. Brand new, never used other than testing before it shipped to me. Asking $8200.00

Call or message me.

Eric,

What happened Buddy, I talked to you down at Myrtle Beach a month or so ago and you were pumped to be getting that skid? Hope all is well, I'll put the word out in MD / VA and let you know if I get any interest..

Richard

Hi guys,

I have a pressure washing business in Sydney Australia. After reading all about Softwash Systems and now coming across your forum, I'm pumped (excuse the pun) to see there's a solid alternative to getting started without buying a prebuilt expensive system. Problem is, we just don't have all the equipment in Australia that you can get in America.

I've been particularly frustrated with only having a downstream system that just can't deliver the strength in chemical, so I have to pressure wash what should melt away with softwashing.

So I ask:

1. Do you think all the equipment might be sourced in Australia, or at least the important parts can be light enough to be shipped here without too large and expense.

2. Is it possible to build a small system that is portable, since I also do gardening and often fill the truck with soil and mulch.

3. If I become a paid member, will I get advice on chemicals that I can readily purchase from Sydney, i.e are they very common chemicals like laundry detergents, bleach, other surfactants, softeners etc?

Thanks so much in advance.

Brian

Everything you need should be available at most farm supply stores.Does australla have swimming pools ?: Pool chlorine is what most people use (10% to 12.5%). Everything shouldbe shippable without too large a problem.l

Welcome

Hi guys,

I have a pressure washing business in Sydney Australia. After reading all about Softwash Systems and now coming across your forum, I'm pumped (excuse the pun) to see there's a solid alternative to getting started without buying a prebuilt expensive system. Problem is, we just don't have all the equipment in Australia that you can get in America.

I've been particularly frustrated with only having a downstream system that just can't deliver the strength in chemical, so I have to pressure wash what should melt away with softwashing.

So I ask:

1. Do you think all the equipment might be sourced in Australia, or at least the important parts can be light enough to be shipped here without too large and expense.

2. Is it possible to build a small system that is portable, since I also do gardening and often fill the truck with soil and mulch.

3. If I become a paid member, will I get advice on chemicals that I can readily purchase from Sydney, i.e are they very common chemicals like laundry detergents, bleach, other surfactants, softeners etc?

Thanks so much in advance.

Brian

Everything you need to build your own Softwash Systems is to be bought, if you know what to buy.

The chemicals you need to softwash with are easy to find here in the US. In fact, here in the Tampa Florida area, I know of 6 places to buy them, in a 3 mile square area!  I have no idea what chemicals are to be had to be used in a Softwash Cleaning System down in Sydney.

Thanks guys, haha yes we have pools. I just ask because a lot of the popular products that people talk about like that cherry scented surfactant can't be bought. I wonder if the surfactants for soft washing are particularly different. I've seen some videos where they simply spray on the chems and 10 seconds later, the black fungus on siding melts off to reveal a shiny new house. Then other videos where it makes little change and they need a broom or slight pressure to hose each section off.

If I can get a mix good enough to avoid all the hard work after the spray, then I'll have a real point of difference. Plus be able to do this in my later years.

Again though, I need to know I can get a good pump and parts for this in Australia, because some of the pumps I read about can't be bought here. Hopefully they are even on ebay.com.au

Hey thanks so much for taking the time to look for me. I'll sign up shortly now i know it can be done.

What do you think the overall cost would be roughly? Say $1000?

Hey thanks so much for taking the time to look for me. I'll sign up shortly now i know it can be done.

That would be the top end, depending on how you build it.

Would these kits be a good option instead of building my own from parts? http://pressuretek.com/co12vose.html

I'm looking at the 5800 Kuri tec.

Is this something you can use for washing two story houses as well as roofs etc? I'm assuming it would be a great starting point if I'm washing a few houses per week for now?

Any extras that are worth adding to this package like a ball valve?

Thanks

Would these kits be a good option instead of building my own from parts? http://pressuretek.com/co12vose.html

I'm looking at the 5800 Kuri tec.

Is this something you can use for washing two story houses as well as roofs etc? I'm assuming it would be a great starting point if I'm washing a few houses per week for now?

Any extras that are worth adding to this package like a ball valve?

Thanks

The packages are pretty complete, and tested to work well with the nozzles.

Sure, u could save a few dollars piecing all the parts together of any softwash system, but in the long run, you are almost better off to buy an already put together system, and be out cleaning roofs!

Awesome, Well I just signed up and now waiting for manual approval. Thanks for your help so far and I'm truly excited to become part of the forum with so many pro's and a wealth of knowledge to impart!

Now go to the OLD forum, set u an account, and send me a PM from that site.I will then activate yout premium status on there and you will have access to everything on both forums.

it's past midnight here in Sydney, so just posting before I go to bed instead.

I was about to buy the Fatboy Kuri tec from Pressuretek with the pump in a box upgrade. Problem is, by the time to pay shipping forwarding to Australia and exchange rates, it ends up around $1200 or more.

Whilst it might be painful, I could get a kick arse system from Australian parts for less than $100, I just don't think we have the guns and some fittings. Plus no box and I don't know how to wire.

If you guys have any other solutions, I'd love to hear them.

Buy your pump and hose and I'll email you a detailed drawing on how to hook everything up.  It fairly simple and I will instruct you on all details.  Send me you email in a PM.

You should be somewhat mechanically inclined as far as building/putting things together, wiring, pluming, and fixing things on the fly in order to be in this line of work. If you know every nut, bolt, fitting, and hose in your system you will feel proud of it and if it breaks you will know what is wrong and how to fix it. Keep a spare of everything you can carry, especially the small stupid things because that $5 part will ruin your whole day if you don't have it, trust me. That includes a backup 12v pump too. Last thing you want is a half clean roof and a dead pump.

You should be somewhat mechanically inclined as far as building/putting things together, wiring, pluming, and fixing things on the fly in order to be in this line of work. If you know every nut, bolt, fitting, and hose in your system you will feel proud of it and if it breaks you will know what is wrong and how to fix it. Keep a spare of everything you can carry, especially the small stupid things because that $5 part will ruin your whole day if you don't have it, trust me. That includes a backup 12v pump too. Last thing you want is a half clean roof and a dead pump.

This is very good advice for anyone thinking about building a softwash system.  Parts will fail, especially the 12 volt roof cleaning pumps some use.

When you build, rather then buy your soft wash system, you are familiar with every single part of it, and can repair it easily.

Thank you for the reply guys, that's exactly what I want to do, I want to know everything about my rig just in case something goes wrong, ill be able to fix it.

So I really i want to build my own rig.

Gary is helping me right now privately. If you're a member of the forum then I can try to feed back what parts you need to build a kit of your own.

I'm in Australia so it's a lot harder to get the parts, so I made a list mainly from Amazon. I have yet to order and put it all together, so I don't yet know if it's everything you need and if it's exactly right, but you can take a look yourself and let me know your thoughts. It's at least a jump start for you.

PM me and I'll send it when it's all ready.

That is of course, if you want a 12 volt system

I am a Active Duty Soldier, I am trying ot set up a business form when I retire and for my son and I to run now.  I have done pressure washing commercially for apartment complexes.  I would like to learn more about soft wash and roof cleaning.  Specifically equipment and the product you recommend.  Just finished a couple of roof and house cleaning jobs.  Didn't like the way I had to apply the cleaner.  Thanks for any help you can give.

I am a Active Duty Soldier, I am trying ot set up a business form when I retire and for my son and I to run now.  I have done pressure washing commercially for apartment complexes.  I would like to learn more about soft wash and roof cleaning.  Specifically equipment and the product you recommend.  Just finished a couple of roof and house cleaning jobs.  Didn't like the way I had to apply the cleaner.  Thanks for any help you can give.

Welcome to the Roof Cleaning Institute Forum Augie!

I suggest you take some time and read the forum, especially this thread all about building a softwash system.