Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777

Delavan Fat Boy Vs All Flow Roof Cleaning Pump

I just saw this excellent non pressure roof cleaning pump video posted by one of our members!

In this YouTube video, he compares the 12 volt Delavan Fat Boy Non Pressure Roof Cleaning Pump vs the 3/8 All Flow air operated pump, for distance.

ill take my all flow any day of the week...

We use air pumps for cleaning roofs too, just not the All Flow Brand. I have 1/2 inch Yamada's made out of Kynar, but we normally used 1 inch air pumps. I got a real sweetheart of a deal on these Yamada's, so that's what we have right now.

Me, I love my air setup. I love to make noise when cleaning. 

The larger 1/2 inch air pumps are quieter then the 3/8, but the noise don't bother me either, guess I just got used to it.

It makes neighbors come outside, to see whats going on!

Yes I have been cleaning and get the husband that comes out to see what is going on. My next All-Flo will be 1/2 inch. I have had the 3/8 for 5 yrs and she is still running strong. We rinse it every day so it might last 5 more.

Using a 1" air pump over a 1/2' air pump cuts your time around 50%. So fast it's almost illeagle. :roadrage:

I use an ARO 1" with sanphorene diaphrams. It is capable of 56 gpm, has never stalled and with my compressor and 3/4" hose it will shoot over 70'. bought it on ebay brand new for under $400.00. Makes life simple and fast.

how much difference does the 1 inchers make? Id have to upgrade air compressors, but its worth it if you can clean faster...

Not true! I thought the same thing, but you can run a 1 inch pump from the same air compressor you now use for the smaller air pump.

The 1 inch air pump will not put out what it is capable of, until it gets a bigger compressor, but will work just as good or better then the smaller pump, and last longer.

Just saw how many hits this video that I made has! Its been over a year since I made the video, BOTH pumps are still running. The fatboy has nothing wrong with it and the all-flow is getting a small drip from somewhere, not sure where but...

anyways- The fatboy has been great for comercial jobs (hotels) where a full flow is needed and you can spray non-stop... But when it comes to residential- the all flow kicks butt! You can control it to a slow drip if you want, and it runs all day long!

I find too much g.p.m and pressure wastes solution quickly, those little versamatic 5 g.p.m pumps i save solution like crazy.  Also the runoff is next to non, but then again we have gutters on all of our houses, so by runoff i mean the fascia board ends LOL.  But from my little air pump to my ARO pump I use about 10-15 gallons less of solution :/,  i really don't understand why.  I did 3 ranchers today with 90 gallons of solution. 1 part SH 3 parts water with TSP.  Removed all the moss by hand first, used backpack blower and blew it all into the gutters, cleaned the gutters by hand, then sprayed all the roofs.  took 8 hours exactly between me and one helper.

Rich;

In my opinion, run  off is better controlled by the nozzle in use. This is what I have been usuing for over 2 years 

and love it.  I shoot over 70' with it,  yet can turn it down to a pee stream if necessary. Vitron O rings and stainless construction. 

http://www.masterindustriesllc.com/index.html

Rich;

In my opinion, run  off is better controlled by the nozzle in use. This is what I have been usuing for over 2 years 

and love it.  I shoot over 70' with it,  yet can turn it down to a pee stream if necessary. Vitron O rings and stainless construction. 

http://www.masterindustriesllc.com/index.html

Just the nozzle on the end of your chemical hose? no ball valve needed? With that you dont have to change tips back and forth

I have a banjo valve on the hose end and then this valve attached to it. That way you have TOTAL control over flow and distance as well as spray pattern.

You then have the ability to  control everything with one hand, including shut off. Here is a pic of the set up.

http://roofcleaninginstitute.org/index.php/topic/345-latest-pics-of-my-rig/

I like that little nozzle Gary! How does it hold up? I still use trigger guns, I most likely will remain using them, I go through one about every month and a half doing 2 roofs and house washes a day.. The reason I will keep it is for those times when im +30' up a ladder and I want to keep one hand on the ladder and be able to spray with the other, and those other times where you just want to wait for the wind gust to stop and blast some solution up to the peak 30 feet away and you need to go to full stream immediately.. But im up for all new ideas!

:thumbsu: I've been usuing this nozzle for about 18 months with NO problems. What you described fits this nozzle perfectly. 1/2 turn you go from off to wide open. With the banjo valve you can leave the nozzle on full, and regulate the banjo for flow. Off to full stream just by opening the banjo and then adjust from there.  Total control. :thumbsu:  :thumbsu: :thumbsu:  :thumbsu:  :thumbsu: