â€œEveryone wants my formula,” George said. “I’m the inventor of not walking on tile roofs.”

Accurate Roof Cleaning owner Ron George

http://www.news-press.com/article/20130407/COLUMNISTS40/304070038/Tell-Mel-Clean-kills-green

I am both laughing at his absurd statement, and feeling sorry for him, at the same time.

Tile Roofs w/o gutters are a way of life, here in Florida.

A slight rain after the cleaning, and you are screwed, especially if the homeowners does not water right away.

The RIGHT way to do it,. is to cover the plants, clean the roof, then rinse it, while the plants are still covered.

I am both laughing at his absurd statement, and feeling sorry for him, at the same time.

Tile Roofs w/o gutters are a way of life, here in Florida.

A slight rain after the cleaning, and you are screwed, especially if the homeowners does not water right away.

The RIGHT way to do it,. is to cover the plants, clean the roof, then rinse it, while the plants are still covered.

Have to agree with you on the "right way" to do it, Chris. I have tried the watering after and found myself running back to re-water after it just started to down pour worried about plants...LMAO

Have to agree with you on the "right way" to do it, Chris. I have tried the watering after and found myself running back to re-water after it just started to down pour worried about plants...LMAO

You can cover all plants in the drip line under a tile roof w/o gutters, and pull the tarps, once the roof cleaning chemical stops dripping.

This does not mean you are "home free".

If a 1/2 assed rain comes in the next few days, you will be screwed. The mix will come off the roof, and kill plants, or make them look dead.

Actually, the chlorine evaporates, but basically Salt is left behind.

Salt will kill or damage plants! 

It is always best to rinse the entire roof, with the tarps still in place, but that takes a lot of time!

So, a good idea is this, take a garden hose from the ground, and rinse the bottom 1/3 of the roof, while the tarps are still in place.

This also seems to help prevent the Dew from making the chemical salt come down on the plants, when you are not there to rinse it!

Sometimes, you get "Lucky" when you leave the chit on a tile roof, and a good rain comes and rinses everything for you.

You can cover all plants in the drip line under a tile roof w/o gutters, and pull the tarps, once the roof cleaning chemical stops dripping.

This does not mean you are "home free".

If a 1/2 assed rain comes in the next few days, you will be screwed. The mix will come off the roof, and kill plants, or make them look dead.

Actually, the chlorine evaporates, but basically Salt is left behind.

Salt will kill or damage plants! 

It is always best to rinse the entire roof, with the tarps still in place, but that takes a lot of time!

So, a good idea is this, take a garden hose from the ground, and rinse the bottom 1/3 of the roof, while the tarps are still in place.

This also seems to help prevent the Dew from making the chemical salt come down on the plants, when you are not there to rinse it!

Sometimes, you get "Lucky" when you leave the chit on a tile roof, and a good rain comes and rinses everything for you.

Great suggestion, Chris! I will give that a try and see what happens. So far I haven't lost any plants...keeping my fingers crossed that I can avoid it in the future. Thanks.

Great suggestion, Chris! I will give that a try and see what happens. So far I haven't lost any plants...keeping my fingers crossed that I can avoid it in the future. Thanks.

Sometimes, you can get "lucky" cleaning a tile roof, and a good rain comes, and does all the rinsing for you. But,  if a small rain comes, or the morning Dew, it can cause the chemical to drip off the roof, w/o enough water to render it harmless.

A partial rinse, with tarps still in place, seems to stop this.