Kirk Koskiniemi

Questions Regarding Dye and Baking Soda

Newbie here. This forum is great and has answered many of my questions. However, I have 2 questions:

1. Baking Soda. I read through most of the forums and can't find anything on baking soda. Does anybody use baking soda? If not, why not? I am looking to come up with an Eco-Friendly option as we work in Portland and it's a big deal. I tested a small spot on my own roof and it killed the moss quite well (1 cup baking soda to 1 gallon water). Mostly looking to kill moss and algae prior to a hand cleaning.

2. Dye- Does anybody have any suggestions on dye that can be added to mixtures that isn't permanent? I was thinking a green dye to promote "Green" roof cleaning practices.

Thanks in advance!

On 3/11/2019 at 1:30 PM, Kirk Koskiniemi said:

Newbie here. This forum is great and has answered many of my questions. However, I have 2 questions:

1. Baking Soda. I read through most of the forums and can't find anything on baking soda. Does anybody use baking soda? If not, why not? I am looking to come up with an Eco-Friendly option as we work in Portland and it's a big deal. I tested a small spot on my own roof and it killed the moss quite well (1 cup baking soda to 1 gallon water). Mostly looking to kill moss and algae prior to a hand cleaning.

2. Dye- Does anybody have any suggestions on dye that can be added to mixtures that isn't permanent? I was thinking a green dye to promote "Green" roof cleaning practices.

Thanks in advance!

Try Borax for killing Moss