Bubbad2u

Help with my 12 volt pump

25 minutes ago, Bubbad2u said:

I don't think so, I have had the cover off the whole time and this just started today. I have never seen any water in the "box" before today.

I guess I'll run down to Northern and grab a new pump. Should I go for the 5.5 gpm model?

Joe

Do not use your company name to buy the pump, use your real name, then get the extended warranty, it is cheap. You get immediate in store replacement when it fails, and like all 12 volt pumps, it will.

When it fails, rinse it out real good to get rid of the bleach smell, and go get another one. NEVER say you pumped anything but water in your RV, etc. 

Tell me exactly what you want to do with this pump, clean roofs or houses mainly

My 2 cents: Leaks are obvious-fix them. Cycling is most likely gonna be, adjusting the accumulator- it's not that cut and dry, takes some testing. Then, you said "I even tried a small 2510 nozzle and it still cuts right on." it's exactly the opposite. If you use a 2540 or 50 that will most likely end the trouble. Some would say you shouldn't use 1/2" spray hose. I have used it for many, many years and have no problems. I do use a 1" suction hose though. I am 100% "not interested" in going to air pumps. I KNOW the function better for cleaning roofs, but I have watched my son, use his carefully and there is a lot of breakdowns [ gas engines etc ] and the normal pump problems don't just go away.

I am a 12 volt pump guy and won't be changing before I croak - and that won't be long! { USE RESPIRATORS! } I can hardly breathe and never feel I have enough oxygen. I was stubborn and complained about the red burn around the mask seal, where SH accumulated. Skin cancer is better than lung cancer or any disabled breathing, which Chris and I both have after many years of spraying this stuff!

4 hours ago, Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777 said:

Do not use your company name to buy the pump, use your real name, then get the extended warranty, it is cheap. You get immediate in store replacement when it fails, and like all 12 volt pumps, it will.

When it fails, rinse it out real good to get rid of the bleach smell, and go get another one. NEVER say you pumped anything but water in your RV, etc. 

Tell me exactly what you want to do with this pump, clean roofs or houses mainly

For houses I down stream. I don't really see myself changing that. So this would be for roofs mainly. 

Thanks again for all your help.

Joe

38 minutes ago, Bergman Roof Cleaning said:

My 2 cents: Leaks are obvious-fix them. Cycling is most likely gonna be, adjusting the accumulator- it's not that cut and dry, takes some testing. Then, you said "I even tried a small 2510 nozzle and it still cuts right on." it's exactly the opposite. If you use a 2540 or 50 that will most likely end the trouble. Some would say you shouldn't use 1/2" spray hose. I have used it for many, many years and have no problems. I do use a 1" suction hose though. I am 100% "not interested" in going to air pumps. I KNOW the function better for cleaning roofs, but I have watched my son, use his carefully and there is a lot of breakdowns [ gas engines etc ] and the normal pump problems don't just go away.

I am a 12 volt pump guy and won't be changing before I croak - and that won't be long! { USE RESPIRATORS! } I can hardly breathe and never feel I have enough oxygen. I was stubborn and complained about the red burn around the mask seal, where SH accumulated. Skin cancer is better than lung cancer or any disabled breathing, which Chris and I both have after many years of spraying this stuff!

Yes, my lungs are fucked up from the SH Fumes. I am at stage 3 COPD, nearly at stage 4

PLEASE, anyone reading this, wear a respirator if you are spraying the SH on a roof OR a house

3 minutes ago, Bubbad2u said:

For houses I down stream. I don't really see myself changing that. So this would be for roofs mainly. 

Thanks again for all your help.

Joe

I think the 5.5 GPM Northern Tool Pump will be great, for  what you plan to do

36 minutes ago, Bergman Roof Cleaning said:

Thanks for your help. I took the pump apart and the gasket between the head and pump was pinched funny. I re aligned that and snugged the screws down and that seemed to fix the leak.

So far I have run the accumulator at 10psi, 24 psi, and 40 psi.

I have use 0040, 0540, 1540, 2540, 0020, 2510 and 1530 tips. For the most part they all cycle the same. I get 2 seconds on the trigger and the pump cuts on. I an very new but I would think that with the volume I am moving through a 1540 tip the pump would cut on quick. But if I am moving so much less volume with a 2510 then it would take longer to cut in?

Am I thinking wrong on that?

If I shut the pump off I get 28 seconds of good spray through a 2510 

Joe

1 minute ago, Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777 said:

Yes, my lungs are fucked up from the SH Fumes. I am at stage 3 COPD, nearly at stage 4

PLEASE, anyone reading this, wear a respirator if you are spraying the SH on a roof OR a house

Man I'm sorry, That's terrible. Respirator for sure

On 9/28/2017 at 9:21 PM, Apple Roof Cleaning (813) 655-8777 said:

One of the reason why I suggest an air pump is, even the largest air pumps can use a super small mist nozzle w/o complaining. 

I never got around to asking you which air pump do you use?

10 hours ago, Bubbad2u said:

I never got around to asking you which air pump do you use?

I used to use Yamada air pumps, but now we use All Flo, because we are close to Lori at Pressure Washer Products

They are right across Tampa Bay from us, they sell and work on the All Flo Pumps. 

Chris,

Have you ever tested the "Booster pump" (Goulds) That The Power Wash Store and Tim Fields promote? Seems to be a nice pump. We currently run air but are considering purchasing a booster for use with a residential house washing truck.  Plan to continue to use air for roofs. I like that w/ the boosters you can use to apply sauce and rinse with a fair amount of pressure and when adding the remote, a simple push of the remote to switch from sauce to rinse.

2 hours ago, h2o spray said:

Chris,

Have you ever tested the "Booster pump" (Goulds) That The Power Wash Store and Tim Fields promote? Seems to be a nice pump. We currently run air but are considering purchasing a booster for use with a residential house washing truck.  Plan to continue to use air for roofs. I like that w/ the boosters you can use to apply sauce and rinse with a fair amount of pressure and when adding the remote, a simple push of the remote to switch from sauce to rinse.

Yes, I have used Booster Pumps, and blew up many a customers breakers, until we got a generator.  I do mainly residential roof cleaning here in Florida, so no real need to shoot 3 story buildings, etc, etc.

Goulds is not the only brand of Booster Pump, but it is a good one. Ideally, you want a Stainless Steel  one, and they do not last forever spraying what we spray.

Unlike an air pump, they need a bypass back to the tank because they do not automatically turn off like an air pump. They continue to build pressure.

Post a link to that pump please

They have actually made a "pro switch" that turns the pump on and off when not in use allowing to eliminate bypass.Apparently they have been really working hard to make this pump perform how we need for them to. The "pro switch" from my understanding will be available after the UAMCC Convention?

8 hours ago, h2o spray said:

They have actually made a "pro switch" that turns the pump on and off when not in use allowing to eliminate bypass.Apparently they have been really working hard to make this pump perform how we need for them to. The "pro switch" from my understanding will be available after the UAMCC Convention?

I was working on a concept similar to the Pro Portioner 12 years ago. https://community.thegrimescene.com/topic/7760-a-big-advance-in-roof-cleaning/

I called my system the Apple Vari Flow System. I never had any plans to sell my idea, so I intentionally left off the expensive check and metering valves, used in the Pro Portioner, in favor of simple, inexpensive,  and leak proof pinch valves. I wanted it to be cheap to make for everyone.   Back in 2006, there just wasn't the interest in an adjustable chemical delivery system, that there is in the Pro Portioner today. My pinch valve based system did not work as good as the Pro Portioner does today.  However, I was able to make it work good enough for me. Remember, I was trying to keep the cost down, in the hope that other cleaning contractors would duplicate my system, and experiment with me. Precision and chemically resistant check and metering valves were expensive back then, and they are expensive now. 

Because there just wasn't much interest in my system, and because my employees refused to use it, I abandoned my system.  

Remember, we are, and always have been, nearly a pure roof cleaning company. 85% of our business, is cleaning tile and shingle roofs here in Tampa. We are not now, nor have we ever been, a softwashing company.  So, we really had no need for my system. Plus, my employees felt that it slowed them down! 

LOL, I guess I was ahead of my time, huh ?

They want their booster pump to work with the Pro Portioner, so they have a great need to not bypass the pump.  

Tim Aselton, and Paul from The Powerwash store are very bright guys, and I am sure they will have tested their Pro Switch out. Together with the Pro Portioner, it will be an outstanding system :) 

Thanks, I value your opinion! I am going to give the booster a shot. I wish I had the know how to put a system together from start to finish but I lack the knowledge and confidence. 

Your Apple Vari Flow sounds as though you were definitely ahead of the times. It is unfortunate there was no interest at that time. 

1 hour ago, h2o spray said:

Thanks, I value your opinion! I am going to give the booster a shot. I wish I had the know how to put a system together from start to finish but I lack the knowledge and confidence. 

Your Apple Vari Flow sounds as though you were definitely ahead of the times. It is unfortunate there was no interest at that time

Yes, I was well ahead of my time.  Many things we now take for granted in roof cleaning equipment, originally came from my ideas or experience.  Air Pumps, Plastic Hose Reel Swivels, large diameter roof cleaning hose, and Surfactants resistant to SH, all came from me, and the Use Of Gain, to name a few.

The Goulds Booster Pump is a very good pump, for that type of Pump, and together with the Pro Portioner, will make a great cleaning system, as long as they get that Pro Switch ready. 

Sometimes, it is just best to buy the equipment, and be out making money, vs trying to re invent the wheel. :) 

6 hours ago, h2o spray said:

We owe you ALOT! Seriously, thank you for sharing all of your "nuggets" It is amazing what you did for Roof Cleaning. 

TYVM ! 

Seriously, at one time, only roof cleaners cleaned roofs, and pressure washers pressure washed. If they did clean a roof, they pressure washed it.

I changed all that, by teaching the pressure washers to clean roofs, the right way. 

Many don't remember the resistance I encountered, because some of my roof cleaning ideas were revolutionary, at the time. Now, they are taken for granted :) 

I did not "Invent" the Pro Portioner, but as you can see, I was involved with the idea for a variable chemical delivery system, long before there was any  Pro Portioner.

As I told you, I never had any plans to sell any of my ideas, but every time I see someone buy a Pro Portioner, I smile :)