Fall is the time of year is infamous with dirty, clogged gutters, and falling leaves. Since the ultimate goal for roof cleaning is to get yourself in front of the customer, this is an extra method of marketing your services and extending the season. With most of us closing our season very shortly, gutter cleaning is a way to put yourself in front of new customers and add more income to your bottom line. For those marketing gutter cleaning, good job! For those who are not, I would definitely reccomend it as it has led to many bigger jobs for those same customers. 

Agree. Gutter cleaning can lead to much more work! I've lost track of how many pressure washing jobs I've cleaned up on with the gutters being the original request. 

Can hardly believe how fast this year is flying by!!!

Mike 

Often, a simple request for gutter cleaning, turn into the whole shebang! 

I did a gutter cleaning for a guy and was bummed out when he first called because it was a small job but work is work so I did it. The following week he calls and asked if I can clean his two homes he rents as vacation rentals. Next thing I know I'm doing an $1,100 job for the guy all from an original call for gutter cleaning. Sometimes you never know what a small job can lead too. If your not slammed everyday all day with roof cleaning I defiantly recommend cleaning gutters, driveways, houses, whatever my roof cleaning equipment can clean I'll do it. 

What's the going rates for gutter cleaning ???

Also, what do you guys include with gutter cleaning ( Roof blow offs / flushing down spouts / gutter surface cleaning, etc ... )

Where I live we have forests of over hanging oak trees and pine trees so alot of roofs are covered with leaves and needles in the fall...

Just curious to see what people pay for these services...

Thanks 

Also, what do you guys include with gutter cleaning ( Roof blow offs / flushing down spouts / gutter surface cleaning, etc ... )

Where I live we have forests of over hanging oak trees and pine trees so alot of roofs are covered with leaves and needles in the fall...

Thanks 

We just eyeball the gutters when we are there, to see how bad they are. We charge extra for major blow offs, but if it is only a few sticks or leaves, we include it,

Thanks 

A gutter clean out usually includes blowing out the gutters and any debris in the valleys of the roof along with blowing out the down spouts. I have lots of oaks and pines around me as well and rarely do I need to flush out the gutters with a hose. Typically if its dry it blows out pretty easily. I have a minimum cost to come out and clean gutters or do any job for that matter. I try and get a $1 per foot for gutter clean out which includes blowing off the valleys but it depends if they only have 40 feet of gutter I can't do it for $40 bucks. If the valleys are packed with a ton of leaves and I need to bag it up theres more cost if theres nothing in the valleys and the gutters are easy to blow out right into the mulch beds or off into the woods I can do a little better on the price. Most homes that have gutters have them around the entire house and your dealing with more like 150-300 feet. You can try and do a gutter shine as well but I usually suggest doing that with the house wash. 

A gutter clean out usually includes blowing out the gutters and any debris in the valleys of the roof along with blowing out the down spouts. I have lots of oaks and pines around me as well and rarely do I need to flush out the gutters with a hose. Typically if its dry it blows out pretty easily. I have a minimum cost to come out and clean gutters or do any job for that matter. I try and get a $1 per foot for gutter clean out which includes blowing off the valleys but it depends if they only have 40 feet of gutter I can't do it for $40 bucks. If the valleys are packed with a ton of leaves and I need to bag it up theres more cost if theres nothing in the valleys and the gutters are easy to blow out right into the mulch beds or off into the woods I can do a little better on the price. Most homes that have gutters have them around the entire house and your dealing with more like 150-300 feet. You can try and do a gutter shine as well but I usually suggest doing that with the house wash. 

We have a lot of what are called Super Gutters here, between the house and screen rooms

So an average is $ 150 - 300 per described gutter cleanings... Seems like a great add on / upsell during anytime especially in the fall seasons ... It does take time though and do these price points include cleaning the black streaks on the face of the gutters ???

The problems that I see is major ladder movements for the bigger 2 story NC type homes per these price points, but, I am sure the price can be raised accordingly dependant per client...

Thanks for your comments Chris & Clean Exteriors !!!

I usually walk the roof and just blow it out with my leaf blower. If you can't walk the roof because of the pitch then yes ladder moving is a bitch but theres a tool called gutter tool you can get at theguttertool.com you screw it on a pool pole or extension pole and it definitely reduces moving the ladder. If your doing a roof cleaning you can cut the customer a deal on gutter cleaning since you already have the ladder out and on the roof cleaning the shingles. If I get a call strictly for gutter cleaning then $1 a foot it is. This does not include gutter polishing that takes a separate chemical then SH and is a addition cost usually done with a house wash or roof cleaning. 

I usually walk the roof and just blow it out with my leaf blower. If you can't walk the roof because of the pitch then yes ladder moving is a bitch but theres a tool called gutter tool you can get at theguttertool.com you screw it on a pool pole or extension pole and it definitely reduces moving the ladder. If your doing a roof cleaning you can cut the customer a deal on gutter cleaning since you already have the ladder out and on the roof cleaning the shingles. If I get a call strictly for gutter cleaning then $1 a foot it is. This does not include gutter polishing that takes a separate chemical then SH and is a addition cost usually done with a house wash or roof cleaning. 

Sounds good... Thanks for the info CE !!!

We walk almost all the roofs we do, and use a leaf blower too. Cleaning the outside of the gutters is never included, unless it is just mildew on it, then we usually give it a fast spray. 

I clean gutters, or at least blockages when I clean roofs. They will almost always be free running when we're done, because we flush them the whole time. 

For just cleaning out gutters, we do it by the foot, with minimums. As mentioned above, you can't go out to a job for pennies. Exterior of gutters we do as part of a house wash only. Sometimes we'll clean them if we make a "mess" of clean spots with our solution. Whatever makes the job look best is what we go for.

11 hours ago, Roy dos Santos said:

We will blow out the gutters if possible, but when it is not possible, we use ladders and gutter spoons (from jracenstein).  We charge $100 minimum and include up to 100 linear feet.  Additional gutters are added at .75 per foot.

Roy dos Santos

Elite Property Maintenance

Chattanooga, TN

Roy - that's a great pricing methodology!  You can provide quote for gutter cleaning sight unseen.  Very wise!  If we ever take on this service, I'll follow your lead on that.